Who where you wishing the Bills took...

Who were you excited for the Bills to get in drafts past? These were all based off realistic drops, not the best players that year.

1999- I was hoping for Winfield. Was very happy we got him.

2000- I don't remember who I was hoping for... I think after the Flowers pick I blocked alot out from that day :blink:

2001- I wanted Marcus Stroud big time! He went 1 pick earleir to the Jag's. Was very happy when they traded down and got Clements though.

2002- Was hoping Pepper's or Harrington would fall. Also liked Roy Williams.

2003- Wanted Michael Haynes or Jerome McDougle.

2004- Was hoping Roethlisberger or Rivers would fall to us. Also wanted Udeze.

2005- Was hoping David Baas would fall to us.

2006- Hoping for Ngata. Would love Vernon Davis or Brick.

2001- I wanted Marcus Stroud big time! He went 1 pick earleir to the Jag's. Was very happy when they traded down and got Clements though.

672525[/snapback]

I really wanted Steve Hutchinson at #14, but they traded down and got Nate at #22. Still wish we had a do-over on that one.

2002- Was hoping Pepper's or Harrington would fall. Also liked Roy Williams.

I wanted Roy Williams too. Also, in 2004 I wanted Jake Gove. Could have had him in the second if we hadnt' traded up for JP.

i really wanted the bills to draft dwight freeny.... i thought a guy who played at syracuse would be good for us.and i was way wrong about the mike williams draft i heard all those stories how bryant mckinney never gave up a sack in college and he was a left tackle so i really liked him as well.

In 2002, I was hoping either Julius Peppers or Joey Harrington would fall to the Bills. I would have rather seen the Bills take Bryant McKinnie at the time....because I thought he was a better fit at left tackle...but I was hoping the Bills would trade down and maybe add a Shockey or Roy Williams. Although, I remember being more preoccupied with the Bledsoe trade than actually focusing on who the Bills were drafting. I was very happy when Josh Reed fell to the Bills ( ouch)........and I remember thinking to myself " who?" when Coy Wire was drafted in round 3.

In 2003 I'll admitt it...I was absolutely stunned when we took Willis McGahee.

I was praying Michael Haynes or Jerome McDougal would fall to us, and when they didn't....I was thinking either Jason Witten, William Joseph, or reach for Chris Kelsay.

In the 2nd round when Jason Witten was STILL there....I was hoping we would take him....but I understood the Kelsay pick.

In round 3 ....I was watching every pick hoping, praying...that Witten would fall...but he didn't

In 2004

I obviously wanted Roethlesberger to fall.

I was very high on Reggie Williams and Michael Clayton

and I also really liked Will Smith and Kenechi Udeze.

When the Bills came up and Lee Evans, Michael Clayton, Udeze, Will Smith, Tommie Harris , and Vince Wilfork were all still there.....I was hoping for a trade down to aquire an additional second round pick....draft one of those guys....then use your 2 2's to move up to either get Losman or Shaub.

In round 3.....I was hoping either Darnell Dockett or Randy Starks would fall to the Bills, because I felt they were both first round talents. They both went off the board early though. I also thought Will Poole would be a consideration.

When they traded up to get Losman, I was happy because I absolutely hated Bledsoe and thought we needed a young QB. I was stunned however at the price the Bills paid to get him.

On Day 2, I was hoping the Bills would take Ben Utecht out of Minnesota. I didnt at the time realize he was injured and would miss the entire season. I also in rounds 6 and 7 was waiting for them to take Jason Peters. Luckily they signed him.

Last season, I was obviously hoping that the steriod issue would make Luis Castillo fall to the Bills. I also was very high on Chris Spencer. However, when Khalif Barnes fell to the middle of the second round.....I was absolutely praying he would keep falling. When the Bills came up on the clock however, I was absolutely clueless as to who they would pick. I thought maybe they would go for Alex Smith ( the TE)....but I really had no idea. No tackle was worth it there.......offensively or defensively.

In round 3, I actually thought Kevin Everett was a solid selection. Again, I wasn't hoping for anyone inparticular....but he was a guy I liked.

On day 2...I was praying C Jason Brown would fall to us....and he did....but then they drafted Duke Preston who I had absolutely zero idea about outside of some very brief draft tidbits.

Looking back....I can see why I'm not a GM.