Congress repeals gun restrictions for D.C.

Just heard on CBS radio that Congress has repealed portions of the very restrictive gun laws in the District of Columbia, now allowing citizens to possess firearms in that highly crime-ridden city so they can defend their domiciles.

Well, duh...about time.

49926[/snapback]

Wow, someone finally realized the 2nd Amendment applies to the whole country? Miracles never cease.

Just heard on CBS radio that Congress has repealed portions of the very restrictive gun laws in the District of Columbia, now allowing citizens to possess firearms in that highly crime-ridden city so they can defend their domiciles.

Well, duh...about time.

49926[/snapback]

This is great news. I cannot wait ot see the crime statistics in a few years when the rate drops and the lefties have to scramble to explain why.

let me try to help them a little.....ummm....it the guns stupid. :devil:

DC NPR has a local politics show everyday. It's absolutely hillarious sometimes, especially when you take into account they are being serious. What a dumb bunch of fools. They don't even try to hide the abuse of the system. The current trend overall is fighting tooth and nail all the new development and progress a few are trying to get going here. It's all about handing more handouts to those already receiving handouts. Watch. There's going to be a lot of opposition to this Expo's deal. That new stadium is going to be fought hard. 400 million gets a lot of handouts.

My wife and I got into a pretty heated debate about the 2nd amendment and the end of the assault weapons ban. Her position was that why does anyone NEED an assault weapon? And then went on to cite Columbine and all that, I clearly stated that the guns werent the inherent issue and that it wasnt the government's place to make us justify why we NEED anything.

Then I played the card of "only law abiding citizens would be affected by gun laws and that criminals would get guns and commit crimes regardless of any laws" Her argument was based on emotion and what if kids get the guns etc.....needless to say, at the end of the argument, there was no nookie for me.

My wife and I got into a pretty heated debate about the 2nd amendment and the end of the assault weapons ban.    Her position was that why does anyone NEED an assault weapon?  And then went on to cite Columbine and all that,  I clearly stated that the guns werent the inherent issue and that it wasnt the government's place to make us justify why we NEED anything.   

Then I played the card of "only law abiding citizens would be affected by gun laws and that criminals would get guns and commit crimes regardless of any laws"    Her argument was based on emotion and what if kids get the guns etc.....needless to say, at the end of the argument, there was no nookie for me.

50176[/snapback]

Well, if it's any consolation, you are right...champagne and flowers might help the rest of it.