Latest "news"

source:

http://www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/2006Draft.html

04/27...Things are starting to heat up with the Draft just two days away...the latest rumor rumblings from around the league...Houston is rumored to be closing on on a deal with Reggie Bush...New Orleans is said to be willing to accept less value for the second pick overall from a team like the Titans or the Jets if they want to make a deal to move up...if not the Saints will take DE Mario Williams...Tennessee is going to select Texas Qb Vince Young with the third pick overall...NY Jets are said to be willing to let the Draft fall to them and appear to be ready to pass on a QB with the fourth pick overall...Green Bay is strongly leaning toward TE Vernon Davis at this time but will also entertain trade talks and are said to be willing to move the pick but only if a team blows them away with an offer...San Francisco will take Vernon Davis with their pick...if he's gone the Niners will be entertaining trade talks for the pick...Oakland will Draft QB Vince Young with their pick but only if he falls to them...if not...the team will take either Michael Huff, Haloti Ngata, A.J Hawk or QB Matt Leinart if he falls to their pick...Buffalo is set to let the Draft fall to them and will take D'Brickashaw Ferguson or A.J Hawk if they fall to the Bills pick...if not they will entertain trade talks for the pick but if they don't find a taker and the Brick and Hawk are off the board the team will take Haloti Ngata over Broderick Bunkley at the #8 spot...Detroit will take CB Michael Huff or OLB A.J Hawk with their pick but if both are off the board the team will entertain trade talks for the pick...Arizona will pass on QB Jay Cutler if he's on the board and Draft a player like OT Winston Justice or CB Jimmy Williams (two players that Denny Green covets) because the team has set themselves up to be competitive this season...Arizona will also attempt to move up to the Packers pick (#5) to land the other player (Vernon Davis) that Denny Green covets.

Hmmm, if true my "gut" feeling has been right - the Bills are indeed leaning towards Ngata. The Bunkley rumors are subterfuge.

I find the prediction that the Titans will take Young over Leinart unbelievable. I am prepared, however, to nod my head at the "experts" who insist it will be "Young over the WEAK-ARMED {???} Leinart"

gulp. weak-armed??

BTW: word is leaking out about some questionable dealing that Winston Justice has had with an entertainment company. I think this will make the man slide south on Saturday.

Cut and pasted from kffl.com:

(NFL | Transcripts allegedly say Justice had contact with sports agency

Wed, 26 Apr 2006 21:52:20 -0700

Charles Robinson, of Yahoo Sports, reports the transcripts of parole violation hearings from New Era Sports & Entertainment associate Lloyd Lake indicate USC OT Winston Justice had contact with the marketing agency during the 2005 season. Lake testified that both Justice and USC RB Reggie Bush were supposed to spend the night out with him. He added, "Well, I had a sports agency we had formed, and we had a guy in, Winston Justice, from USC. And [my girlfriend] had planned to go out with us that night, but Reggie Bush came into town. And at that time, he was going to go out with us, so I told her all his friends were coming and that it wasn't a good night for us to go out, and that kind of got her upset." USC spokesman Tim Tessalone said the school was not aware of the details of the testimony and USC head coach Pete Carroll and athletic director Mike Garrett would reserve comment until the investigation is concluded.)

Go Bills!

-RichNJoisy

CNJBBB

Cut and pasted from kffl.com:

(NFL | Transcripts allegedly say Justice had contact with sports agency

Wed, 26 Apr 2006 21:52:20 -0700

Charles Robinson, of Yahoo Sports, reports the transcripts of parole violation hearings from New Era Sports & Entertainment associate Lloyd Lake indicate USC OT Winston Justice had contact with the marketing agency during the 2005 season. Lake testified that both Justice and USC RB Reggie Bush were supposed to spend the night out with him. He added, "Well, I had a sports agency we had formed, and we had a guy in, Winston Justice, from USC. And [my girlfriend] had planned to go out with us that night, but Reggie Bush came into town. And at that time, he was going to go out with us, so I told her all his friends were coming and that it wasn't a good night for us to go out, and that kind of got her upset." USC spokesman Tim Tessalone said the school was not aware of the details of the testimony and USC head coach Pete Carroll and athletic director Mike Garrett would reserve comment until the investigation is concluded.)

671635[/snapback]

Word is out of SoCal that potential USC starting QB (and the nation's #1 high school recruit from 2 years ago) Mark Sanchez was arrested for suspicion of sexual assault on a female student. With Bush, Justice, and now this, things are starting to get rediculous. As a USC alum, I am embarrassed to say the program is on its way to 1990's UMiami territory. Carroll better tighten the ropes.

While there's never an excuse for sexual assault, you get these 18-22 year old supreme athletes, who have had everything gift wrapped for them, and put them at a top school in a major city...Once they have success and are on a pedestal, they don't seem to take into account the repercussions of their actions. Even Bush, while I don't think him specifically did anything wrong with this house deal, he potentially put the USC football program in real jeopardy for sanctions.

I think that site has it nailed.  I think that's good information you've provided.  Thanks.

671675[/snapback]

I am as certain as I can be that the first two picks will be Bush and then Williams. Some "experts" have Ferguson going second. I am not expecting that. So, if 1-2 go as I expect then the first key moment comes: Will the Titans take Young instead of Leinart. I doubt it but there sure are a lot of prognosticators predicting Young going at 3. Now, I ask you: if Leinart is there at 4 can the Jets let him slip by? I know what I cut and pasted above but MY prediction is no - they will not let him slip by.

Then Green Bay will take Ferguson. Right?

I think so but, again, there sits AJ Hawk. Supposedly the prototype Green Bay player.

If DaBrick falls past 5, then I predict he will slide to 8 (SF = Davis, Oakland = Bunkley/Ngata/Huff)

Fun stuff maybe but I continue to predict:

Bush - Williams - Leinart - Ferguson - Hawk - Davis - Young and then Bills pick Ngata(1), Huff(2) or Bunkley(3)

With Bush, Justice, and now this, things are starting to get rediculous.  As a USC alum, I am embarrassed to say the program is on its way to 1990's UMiami territory.  Carroll better tighten the ropes.

671646[/snapback]

Going the way of UM? This stuff has gone on forever in most of power schools. UM might have the bad rep but they aren't alone and never were.