Harv. You are on the clock

I never got much of a chance to look at this year's draft, past the QBs. I was out of town (working in Buffalo) 2 weeks ago, got sick & never got around to doing the needed research. As a result my only opinions are on the QBs-something we won't be taking.

I believe there's been a tremendous amount of overanalysis on this year's QBs. Matt Leinart is the only sure thing in this draft among the QBs. He fits a criteria I will always stand behind that hits almost 100% in predicting QB success: If a QB would have been a 1st round pick as a junior, stays in school & then maintains 1st round status he's a virtual certainty to be anywhere from a solid starter to a superstar. He definitely won't be a bust. The next 2 QBs slated to go in the first round are huge question marks. I never want to spend a 1st rounder on a QB who can best be said to "Have Potential" That's the case with Young, who comes out early-a big danger sign- no matter what Roethlisberger does, most underclass QBs have busted. Add to that he has poor mechanics & lack of an NFL compatible game & he is a major project-never good when projecting a franchise player. Jay Cutler is "fast rising" off arm strength, mobility & a good Senior Bowl week. Let's face it, before senior bowl week, he was not considered 1st round material by a lot of teams. He is erratic & is a major fumbler. The rest you can toss in the air & hope for the best. The guy most likely to go after the top 3 is Kellen Clemens, who is less than 6' 2" and is coming off a broken ankle. Brodie Croyle is college's version of Rob Johnson with all the injuries. I think Reggie McNeal has just as good a shot as Vince Young to be a successful NFL QB, and half the draftnics want to switch him away from QB. Overall, this could be the weakest QB class in years. One caveat: the last time I felt this way was when I saw only Chad Pennington as making it and there were a lot of early QB busts before two guys, Tom Brady & Mark Bulger were picked in the 6th round. I thought both of them would bust.

I'm not sold on either Bunkley-underacheiver until his last year & Ngata-one buffet away from Mike Williams weight territory. Outside of D'Brickashaw, the other OTs are flawed. Winstion Justice is a RT who protected a lefty QB-sorry-been there, done that. The other Winston, Eric, may end up at G.

Overall, this draft is kind of depressing me. Big ?s at the most important areas of Bills' team needs. If somehow AJ Hawk is available at 8 just draft him. He's probably the best player in the draft.

I never got much of a chance to look at this year's draft, past the QBs.  I was out of town (working in Buffalo) 2 weeks ago, got sick & never got around to doing the needed research.  As a result my only opinions are on the QBs-something we won't be taking. 

I believe there's been a tremendous amount of overanalysis on this year's QBs.  Matt Leinart is the only sure thing in this draft among the QBs. He fits a criteria I will always stand behind that hits almost 100% in predicting QB success:  If a QB would have been a 1st round pick as a junior, stays in school & then maintains 1st round status he's a virtual certainty to be anywhere from a solid starter to a superstar.  He definitely won't be a bust.  The next 2 QBs slated to go in the first round are huge question marks.  I never want to spend a 1st rounder on a QB who can best be said to "Have Potential"  That's the case with Young, who comes out early-a big danger sign- no matter what Roethlisberger does, most underclass QBs have busted.  Add to that he has poor mechanics & lack of an NFL compatible game & he is a major project-never good when projecting a franchise player.  Jay Cutler is "fast rising" off arm strength, mobility & a good Senior Bowl week.  Let's face it, before senior bowl week, he was not considered 1st round material by a lot of teams.  He is erratic & is a major fumbler.  The rest you can toss in the air & hope for the best.  The guy most likely to go after the top 3 is Kellen Clemens, who is less than 6' 2" and is coming off a broken ankle.  Brodie Croyle is college's version of Rob Johnson with all the injuries.  I think Reggie McNeal has just as good a shot as Vince Young to be a successful NFL QB, and half the draftnics want to switch him away from QB.  Overall, this could be the weakest QB class in years.  One caveat:  the last time I felt this way was when I saw only Chad Pennington as making it and there were a lot of early QB busts before two guys, Tom Brady & Mark Bulger were picked in the 6th round.  I thought both of them would bust.

I'm not sold on either Bunkley-underacheiver until his last year & Ngata-one buffet away from Mike Williams weight territory.  Outside of D'Brickashaw, the other OTs are flawed.  Winstion Justice is a RT who protected a lefty QB-sorry-been there, done that.  The other Winston, Eric, may end up at G. 

Overall, this draft is kind of depressing me.  Big ?s at the most important areas of Bills' team needs.  If somehow AJ Hawk is available at 8 just draft him.  He's probably the best player in the draft.

671342[/snapback]

Actually, prior to senior bowl week, most draftniks had cutler going in the mid to late 1st round. then with his performance there, he vaulted into possibly the top 10.

But, good to know theres doom and gloom everywhere, and if we dont get AJ hawk, we're screwed. :P

I never got much of a chance to look at this year's draft, past the QBs.  I was out of town (working in Buffalo) 2 weeks ago, got sick & never got around to doing the needed research.  As a result my only opinions are on the QBs-something we won't be taking. 

I believe there's been a tremendous amount of overanalysis on this year's QBs.  Matt Leinart is the only sure thing in this draft among the QBs. He fits a criteria I will always stand behind that hits almost 100% in predicting QB success:  If a QB would have been a 1st round pick as a junior, stays in school & then maintains 1st round status he's a virtual certainty to be anywhere from a solid starter to a superstar.  He definitely won't be a bust.  The next 2 QBs slated to go in the first round are huge question marks.  I never want to spend a 1st rounder on a QB who can best be said to "Have Potential"  That's the case with Young, who comes out early-a big danger sign- no matter what Roethlisberger does, most underclass QBs have busted.  Add to that he has poor mechanics & lack of an NFL compatible game & he is a major project-never good when projecting a franchise player.  Jay Cutler is "fast rising" off arm strength, mobility & a good Senior Bowl week.  Let's face it, before senior bowl week, he was not considered 1st round material by a lot of teams.  He is erratic & is a major fumbler.  The rest you can toss in the air & hope for the best.  The guy most likely to go after the top 3 is Kellen Clemens, who is less than 6' 2" and is coming off a broken ankle.  Brodie Croyle is college's version of Rob Johnson with all the injuries.  I think Reggie McNeal has just as good a shot as Vince Young to be a successful NFL QB, and half the draftnics want to switch him away from QB.  Overall, this could be the weakest QB class in years.  One caveat:  the last time I felt this way was when I saw only Chad Pennington as making it and there were a lot of early QB busts before two guys, Tom Brady & Mark Bulger were picked in the 6th round.  I thought both of them would bust.

I'm not sold on either Bunkley-underacheiver until his last year & Ngata-one buffet away from Mike Williams weight territory.  Outside of D'Brickashaw, the other OTs are flawed.  Winstion Justice is a RT who protected a lefty QB-sorry-been there, done that.  The other Winston, Eric, may end up at G. 

Overall, this draft is kind of depressing me.  Big ?s at the most important areas of Bills' team needs.  If somehow AJ Hawk is available at 8 just draft him.  He's probably the best player in the draft.

671342[/snapback]

Leinart is too soft to make it big in NFL.

eric Winston will play at RT if he can't cut it at LT.

Actually, prior to senior bowl week, most draftniks had cutler going in the mid to late 1st round. then with his performance there, he vaulted into possibly the top 10.

But, good to know theres doom and gloom everywhere, and if we dont get AJ hawk, we're screwed. :P

671349[/snapback]

What's interesting is Cutler kinda sucked in the Senior Bowl from what I remember. All of his hype is from PRACTICE for the Senior Bowl...Yikes!