Anybody think Brick will be this year's

Dropping down to the last third of round 1?

670326[/snapback]

No Sir. Not even a remote possbility. In fact, the only time I can recall this happening was with Alex Baron, and he was not rated anywhere nearly as high as Ferguson.

McKinnie DID fall to #7, but only because TD was an idiot. In that same draft, Levi Jones moved into the top 10 (as you well know). ;)

Nope, not playing the position he does.

A lot of teams have QBs they're locked into, either developmentally or $$$-wise, so the Rogers slide was somewhat easy to comprehend. About 28 teams need franchise LOTs, however.

What?  Brick is going to be a lousy rookie backup QB for the Packers?

<sarcasm off>

Seriously, what makes you say that?

670333[/snapback]

Seems there is always a highly-touted player that falls. But to answer your question, I think he's going to have his ribs busted early on. He relies on arm push-off and doesn't square his body against an opponent, in my admittedly limited observation. I realize I can be totally wrong. Just a feeling.

Nope, not playing the position he does. 

A lot of teams have QBs they're locked into, either developmentally or $$$-wise, so the Rogers slide was somewhat easy to comprehend.    About 28 teams need franchise LOTs, however.

670339[/snapback]

Yes - good point.

Dropping down to the last third of round 1?

670326[/snapback]

Not a chance. He's the best rated tackle in the draft by most. Is there anyone who is rated higher than he is on any of the draft sites?

I think he's going to have his ribs busted early on. He relies on arm push-off and doesn't square his body against an opponent, in my admittedly limited observation. I realize I can be totally wrong. Just a feeling.

670341[/snapback]

Are you also saying he's not tough or MEAN? ;)

oh, you mean like what TBD should have done to your account after your very first brilliant post?

670385[/snapback]

Why do you think TBD should drop a new poster just because you disagree with a football related comment? I will keep my comments football related will not make personal attacks.

When Brick flunks in the pros we will see who is so "brilliant".

Why do you think TBD should drop a new poster just because you disagree with a football related comment?  I will keep my comments football related will not make personal attacks.

670536[/snapback]

You owe Guiness 2 dollars.

Why do you think TBD should drop a new poster just because you disagree with a football related comment?  I will keep my comments football related will not make personal attacks.

670536[/snapback]

What have you seen to make you believe that Ferguson will be a bust? What have you noticed to make you feel his success so far won't translate to the NFL?

What have you seen to make you believe that Ferguson will be a bust?  What have you noticed to make you feel his success so far won't translate to the NFL?

670543[/snapback]

Winston Justice is cleary a more "badass" name.

I dont think Ferguson will be a bust, but I dont think he's gonna be an all world ot. I think hes the best tackle in a not so great class. I can see Winston Justice if his character issues are behind him actually being the better pro. Ferguson is great in pass protection his run blocking leaves a lot to be desired. He uses his hands extremely well but he wont ever simply blow someone off the ball. The highly touted prospect I see falling is Vince Young, teams will be scared away by his throwing style and questions about his intelligence. Heck of an athlete but definitly not the sharpest tool in the shed.