Little Sabres Playoff Gem

Not sure if this was posted... Pulled it from the preview and notebook at NHL.com

I know there is still a lot of hockey left in this series... Hope I am not jinxing 'em... I just felt this was too funny.

How is RJ (not that RJ... :D:D ) doing?

:);):w00t::w00t:

As one of the most physical playoff teams in the East, the Flyers were hoping they could use their size advantage against the free-wheeling Sabres. Some even suggested the series was a battle between the old NHL and the new. Flyers center Peter Forsberg said he believes the Flyers are better suited to play long playoff series, where they can wear down their opponents.

Flyers center Peter Forsberg said he believes the Flyers are better suited to play long playoff series, where they can wear down their opponents.

"We have some big defensemen who punish you and I think they're going to be even better in the playoffs," Forsberg said.

One of those big defensemen, Derian Hatcher, said that despite the increase in penalties this season, he still feels he can use his size to intimidate opposing forwards.

"You can still hit and guys still know you're on the ice," Hatcher said. "You can see guys pull up (to avoid a hit)."

I guess the skate is on the other foot Derian...

:D

Flyers center Peter Forsberg said he believes the Flyers are better suited to play long playoff series, where they can wear down their opponents. 

670085[/snapback]

So I guess the plan is to let the Sabres wear themselves out by scoring goals.

where is the area to watch out for the Killer Tomato.....

670138[/snapback]

Campbell... Too funny!... Snowboarding's got "The Flying Tomato."

And think, Umberger is slightly bigger...

Nice work "Killer Tomato." That has to be "textbook" for a clean body check... Hope all the cheap-shot artists (not you Dean :) ... You are on "our" team) took notice...

So I guess the plan is to let the Sabres wear themselves out by scoring goals.

670136[/snapback]

Maybe Peter Forsberg thinks he is Rocky wearing down Clubber Lang by letting Clubber throw tons of punches and miss and in the comparison have the Sabres take tons of shots on the net get tired.

One difference: Clubber missed. Sabres are not.

The hockey version of the rope-a-dope?

670142[/snapback]

Well, they definitely have the a-dope part down. :)

Not sure what they plan to do for the rope. (But I do have some ideas for what they could do WITH a rope!) ;)