I'm going to game 3 tomorrow

ofiba

:)  ;)

After reading your post... Don't know why this is going through my head... (like a lot of other things... :D :D  :D )

"... And she took me by the hand and we made love in my Chevy van, and that's all right by me."

:w00t:  :w00t:

670097[/snapback]

Bastard.

May you have an ABBA moment.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that's the key. Atlanta IMO is not the "south". That's true of any big city. Savannah is the "south", in Georgia terms. Atlanta is a little bit of everywhere.

670099[/snapback]

Yeah, I agree. It's just such a contrast from Philly, you know? I mean you just feel like you're part of something when you live in Philadelphia. People love their sports, through good times and bad. I moved there in the middle of the '95-96 Sixers season, just before they drafted Iverson. The team SUCKED, but the fans still loved to go to the games. I'm not even a fan of basketball, but I started getting caught up in the Sixers. I even listened to a game or two on the RADIO for gosh sakes, lol. I've been back in Atlanta since '99 and I can tell you more about the Hawks from '80-83 when I lived here as a kid than I can tell you about them over the past five years. I've been a Braves fan for 26 years, so that won't change....but even with the Falcons, I don't feel anywhere near in touch with them as I felt with the Eagles when i was in Philly. I just miss that whole sports culture, you know? I'm sure it's probably the same way in places like Chicago, Boston, and NY, too.....but wow, down here it's almost non-existent.

I'm not going to try and tell you what you should and shouldn't do, because it really doesn't matter to me.  But you really seem to have your shorts in a knot about some rediculously empty comment on a message board.  If you honestly think 'draconator' is going to somehow access the part of the arena where the Sabres enter on their bus, and kidnap Sabres players into 'a white van,' you are completely nuts.  Also, I wouldn't call the FBI and tell them that someone on an internet message board said they were going to punch Sabres fans.  They might not care too much.

You make take offense, but IMO, you really sound like a bit of a ninny about all of this.  Nobody is out to get you or the Sabres.  I'm sure there have been thousands of empty threats on Dolphins fans on this board....Who cares!  Don't make it your personal crusade.  And for the record, I saw several Flyers fans get shoved HARD into walls in the hallway of HSBC arena during Game 1, so don't pretend Philly is the only backwards place where this stuff happens. 

Good God, the guy's team lost 8-2...Just let him blow off some steam and make some lame ass weak comment, instead of trolling on their board and calling the cops about it.

670096[/snapback]

look man, i hear ya, i really do...and the fact is that if it was just the usual crap(i.e.: the "mere" threat of beating up of Sabre fans) i wouldn't think twice about it...but threatening to snipe the players?! jesus h. christ that's not something to be ignored. if somebody was sick enough to drive around DC and do it for weeks on end, who's to say some lunatice in Philly can't or wouldn't.

i don't know...i realize the whole crusade might sound kind of kitty to some of you guys, but i would never forgive myself if i ignored a threat like that and something actually happened. you know what i mean?? i mean the guy specifically said he was going to shoot sabre player lee boyd malvo style.

look man, i hear ya, i really do...and the fact is that if it was just the usual crap(i.e.: the "mere" threat of beating up of Sabre fans) i wouldn't think twice about it...but threatening to snipe the players?!  jesus h. christ that's not something to be ignored.  if somebody was sick enough to drive around DC and do it for weeks on end, who's to say some lunatice in Philly can't or wouldn't.

i don't know...i realize the whole crusade might sound kind of kitty to some of you guys, but i would never forgive myself if i ignored a threat like that and something actually happened.  you know what i mean??

670118[/snapback]

I guess so, and I appreciate you not taking offense, I wasn't trying to come off as snide. I just don't read it as being serious at all. I think it is so overly outrageous that the guy is just cracking wise. There's a good chance his favorite hockey team is going to get swept out of the playoffs, and the way I read it, he's just jokingly suggesting the only way this can be prevented.

Everyone else in the thread talks about the Flyers being so terrible that they are just going to the game to get hammered...yet we are not alerting the DWI patrols about them. What if they kill someone on the way home? (Not suggesting we do that, just making a point that things can be read/interpretted/acted on in different ways.)

Like I said, if you feel comfortable taking action on this, go for it. I just don't read into it as being even half-serious.

I once stepped on a guys foot at Mickey Rats City Bar...he pointed at me and said...."3 phone calls and I could have you killed" I laughed and asked why he needed 3 phone calls..why not just call the 3rd guy ouotright...looking back, I should have notified the FBI

I once stepped on a guys foot at Mickey Rats City Bar...he pointed at me and said...."3 phone calls and I could have you killed" I laughed and asked why he needed 3 phone calls..why not just call the 3rd guy ouotright...looking back, I should have notified the FBI

670134[/snapback]

Phone call #1:

Call mom to find out if he can extend his curfew.

Phone call #2:

Order the Loaded Hoagie from Jim's Steakout.

Phone call #3:

Call that kid from grade school who used to read the gun magazines and would tell you how he liked to put his cat in the microwave.

670134[/snapback]

Could millions of people have been listening and maybe planning too march to that guy at 'City Bar's orders?

Wee bit different... And I am not too serious about it either... If somebody wants to follow up on this... It did happen over the internet and a lot of people use the internet... It is very incendiary... Where do you draw the line say with bomb-threats over different types of media?... Same thing.

:);)

Phone call #1:

Call mom to find out if he can extend his curfew.

Phone call #2:

Order the Loaded Hoagie from Jim's Steakout.

Phone call #3:

Call that kid from grade school who used to read the gun magazines and would tell you how he liked to put his cat in the microwave.

670149[/snapback]

:);):w00t::w00t:

I guess so, and I appreciate you not taking offense, I wasn't trying to come off as snide.  I just don't read it as being serious at all.  I think it is so overly outrageous that the guy is just cracking wise.  There's a good chance his favorite hockey team is going to get swept out of the playoffs, and the way I read it, he's just jokingly suggesting the only way this can be prevented.

Everyone else in the thread talks about the Flyers being so terrible that they are just going to the game to get hammered...yet we are not alerting the DWI patrols about them.  What if they kill someone on the way home?  (Not suggesting we do that, just making a point that things can be read/interpretted/acted on in different ways.)

Like I said, if you feel comfortable taking action on this, go for it.  I just don't read into it as being even half-serious.

670123[/snapback]

smokin I somewhat agrre with you in terms of the threat, its just the vulgarity of the suggestion that sickened me. 9 people got shot by those crazy MFers in DC, to me nothing to joke about.

However, I found just as tasteless here suggestions about making fun of pelle Lindburgh in retalation for them having a Maluchuk avatar.

I am all for trash talking each other, as I think thats what makes sport fun. However, these kind of comments are out of bounds in my eyes

OK, all I can get on short notice is a couple Apaches. And I promised them only cover fire through the parking lot to get that.

670151[/snapback]

I enjoy the humor too Bib... Though I didn't fully read what this little spat is about... EVEN if it IS a joke... ALL cases should be taken seriously.

We had a guy on the river, obviously joking, and making threats over the marine band... They do take it serious... No matter what.

I think it is the amount of audience and the medium that matters...

Just my IMO.

I am all for trash talking each other, as I think thats what makes sport fun. However, these kind of comments are out of bounds in my eyes

670157[/snapback]

Absolutely....it is perfectly ok to get intense about games etc...but making fun of players who died or almost died to me is where the line must be drawn, and also shows the person who makes these comments has some serious issues.

I sure hope Buffalo fans can refrain from such things, but sadly, there are always a few bad apples to spoil the bunch.

i was living in phlly when pelle died and that was horrible....malarchuk, horrible...dc sniper killings, worse than horrible. i don't get why any of that **** has to enter into the discussion when we're having a pissing contest about our favorite teams. it's pathetic.

I enjoy the humor too Bib... Though I didn't fully read what this little spat is about... EVEN if it IS a joke... ALL cases should be taken seriously.

We had a guy on the river, obviously joking, and making threats over the marine band... They do take it serious... No matter what.

I think it is the amount of audience and the medium that matters...

Just my IMO.

670160[/snapback]

Yeah, like someone is going to take an airstrike in Philly seriously.

I'm saving that for NJ, they already have a history of bombing grade schools, which gives me plausible deniability.

Yeah, like someone is going to take an airstrike in Philly seriously.

I'm saving that for NJ, they already have a history of bombing grade schools, which gives me plausible deniability.

670215[/snapback]

Just make sure I am not working there at the time, OK? Hell, I just barely got out of Iowa the last time.

I'm not going to try and tell you what you should and shouldn't do, because it really doesn't matter to me.  But you really seem to have your shorts in a knot about some rediculously empty comment on a message board.  If you honestly think 'draconator' is going to somehow access the part of the arena where the Sabres enter on their bus, and kidnap Sabres players into 'a white van,' you are completely nuts.  Also, I wouldn't call the FBI and tell them that someone on an internet message board said they were going to punch Sabres fans.  They might not care too much.

You make take offense, but IMO, you really sound like a bit of a ninny about all of this.  Nobody is out to get you or the Sabres.  I'm sure there have been thousands of empty threats on Dolphins fans on this board....Who cares!  Don't make it your personal crusade.  And for the record, I saw several Flyers fans get shoved HARD into walls in the hallway of HSBC arena during Game 1, so don't pretend Philly is the only backwards place where this stuff happens. 

Good God, the guy's team lost 8-2...Just let him blow off some steam and make some lame ass weak comment, instead of trolling on their board and calling the cops about it.

670096[/snapback]

what if some kids from kansas posted on myspace that they are gonna pull a columbine. Should we get our "shorts in a knot " over that?

what if some kids from kansas posted on myspace that they are gonna pull a columbine.  Should we get out "shorts in a knot "  over that?

670343[/snapback]

I offered air support, and also think Shania Twain is pretty hot.

What more can I do?