I'm going to game 3 tomorrow

ofiba

White Vans are so seventies. So are the Flyers.

669849[/snapback]

Not to take this thread way down, but I'm pretty sure this idiot in Philly was referring to the Snipers in DC. I lived there then, and every report was that a white van was seen at every shooting.

Let me tell ya, I do not scare easy, but i remember looking for white vans everytime i got gas, or really anytime you went out.

This dude is jut sick.(not you X, the guy in Philly)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading some of the crazy things Flyer fans write, you'd swear they were brought up in some war torn third world country.

669834[/snapback]

Have you ever been to Philly? You're not far off.

Yeah, I was just kidding around. I'm no dope.  I was kicking around the idea of wearing an old school Sabres hat and just keeping my mouth shut the whole game, but after the whooping we put on in Game 2, I doubt that is even a good idea.  I'd much rather go to a game in Buffalo where I can enjoy myself.  I'll probably just sit down, and cheer like a madman (in my head of course).  Those kind of people would slaughter a baby if it was in a Sabres crib. I'll swallow my pride, live for another day, and hope the night is filled with boos.

669813[/snapback]

Hey man good luck tomorrow. I'm no p*ussy when it comes to watching games in opposing teams arenas (always rock my gear, cheer loudly) but I might not wear any Sabres stuff if I was going to the game tomorrow. That is unless like someone mentioned, you had a group of big dudes with you to have your back. Yeah usually you take some verbal abuse, but you just laugh along with it and there's no problems.

The situation with these freaken lowlifes doesn't seem like the "normal" away game experience. Even if you just wore a hat and tried to make nice with some Flyer fans they'd still probably try to kick your ass. If you do decide to wear any Sabres stuff or end up accidentally cheering when the Sabres score or something and your cover is blown, maybe try sitting around for a few min after the game to let what's left of the Flyers fans crawl back into the sewers.

Once again good luck, and hopefully have a good time! Go Sabres!

Not to take this thread way down, but I'm pretty sure this idiot in Philly was referring to the Snipers in DC. I lived there then, and every report was that a white van was seen at every shooting.

Let me tell ya, I do not scare easy, but i remember looking for white vans everytime i got gas, or really anytime you went out.

669887[/snapback]

I'll second that! During those sniper days, as the snipers got closer to us here in Richmond (last person shot was in Ashland) it was incredibly scary. The kids could not go outside, all outdoor activities were cancelled, tarps were put up on all classroom windows, rkids ran from teh bus to school building every morning, rumors were running wild! "Joking" about sniper type action in a white van is NO JOKE!

You may want to call the Sabres executive office and ask to speak with the director of security.

I think I'll wear Flyers gear for the first period.  I'll start screaming and booing like all good Flyers fans do.  Everyone will join in and show their team just how much they support them.  Then by about the 3rd period I'll tear off my Flyers gear revealing the Blue and Gold!  :)  ;)

Can't wait!

669687[/snapback]

PM me for an airstrike, if you need one.

Hey man good luck tomorrow. I'm no p*ussy when it comes to watching games in opposing teams arenas (always rock my gear, cheer loudly) but I might not wear any Sabres stuff if I was going to the game tomorrow. That is unless like someone mentioned, you had a group of big dudes with you to have your back. Yeah usually you take some verbal abuse, but you just laugh along with it and there's no problems.

669988[/snapback]

Yeah, in any normal visiting stadium, you can cheer your team and wear their gear and as long as you are polite and not a jerk to the home team fans the most you'll get is a little verbal abuse. Except of course when you go to a Bills game in Nashville. Never hear a peep out of any of them. Must be the Southern Hospitality.

Except of course when you go to a Bills game in Nashville.  Never hear a peep out of any of them.  Must be the Southern Hospitality.

670029[/snapback]

Allright, I'll bite.

It's because of THE FORWARD PASS. Deep down, they know it was a lateral, just like Stars fans know the skate was in the crease.

Geez, six years later, and we're still talking about it.

Mike

Yeah, in any normal visiting stadium, you can cheer your team and wear their gear and as long as you are polite and not a jerk to the home team fans the most you'll get is a little verbal abuse.  Except of course when you go to a Bills game in Nashville.  Never hear a peep out of any of them.  Must be the Southern Hospitality.

670029[/snapback]

It's the same down here at the Georgia Dome.....You can pretty much do anything in front of these fans and they couldn't care less.

I'll second that!  During those sniper days, as the snipers got closer to us here in Richmond (last person shot was in Ashland) it was incredibly scary.  The kids could not go outside, all outdoor activities were cancelled, tarps were put up on all classroom windows, rkids ran from teh bus to school building every morning, rumors were running wild!  "Joking" about sniper type action in a white van is NO JOKE!

You may want to call the Sabres executive office and ask to speak with the director of security.

670007[/snapback]

believe it or not i am very busy during the day...( :) ) but during my commute from job 1 to job 2 today i WILL be taking KRCs advice, and calling the sabres in an attempt to make them aware of this bull sh--. i noticed my original note has also become a topic on sabresfans.com, some rangers fanboard, and on the flyersphans.com, which, again, is the site from which the original threats were posted. not just the threat by this "Dopitamanek320" character to murder Sabres players, but also the threats to assault any sabre fans in attentdance. Someone posted a link to the philly police website ( http://www.ppdonline.org/hq_contact.php ) and also to the philly fbi office ( phcybercrime@fbi.gov ) several fans posted that they sent emails to those two sites and I encourage you all to do the same.

Additionally, I recommend that someone call WGR and/or WIP today to get this garbage out in the open. This is freakin sports, not a war. If we make enough noise the Flyers/Wachovia center people will be FORCED to deal with it.

for reference, here again is the inciteful thread...posts #13-15, and especially 15, are the ones that prompted me to do something: http://www.flyersphans.com/forums/showthre...?t=61368&page=1

It's the same down here at the Georgia Dome.....You can pretty much do anything in front of these fans and they couldn't care less.

670055[/snapback]

The Ted is the same way. How many times have you seen the Atlanta fans cheering players on the other team? Didn't they give Ozzie a standing ovation in his last game there?

The Ted is the same way. How many times have you seen the Atlanta fans cheering players on the other team? Didn't they give Ozzie a standing ovation in his last game there?

670072[/snapback]

This whole city is like that....no identity at all. It's a huge contrast with other places I've lived, although I do realize that there are tons of transplants who live here. I guess one of my pet peeves is bandwagon jumping behavior, though, and that's all over the damn place down here. "Oh, the Falcons are good this year?? GO FALCONS!!!" The minute they suck again, you don't see anyone supporting the team. Once in a while you come across a native, but from the city into the northern burbs (where I've spent most of my time while living here), there's hardly anyone who's actually FROM here. But yeah, I've been to the Ted about five times since I moved back here in '99, and the Georgia Dome a few times....it's more like a social gathering than it is a bunch of tried and true fans pulling for their team.

Can I PM you for an airstrike if he doesn't?

I just think it'd be fun to wipe out a block of Philadelphia.  You know, to see if anyone would notice...

670084[/snapback]

Oh, great, now they'll be reporting threats to the FBI from here... :)

Oh, great, now they'll be reporting threats to the FBI from here... :)

670089[/snapback]

"Hello, Police? Yes, I'd like to report that a pair of Buffalonians who no longer live in Buffalo are planning an airstrike against the city of Philadelphia. Hello? HELLO?"

believe it or not i am very busy during the day...( :) )  but during my commute from job 1 to job 2 today i WILL be taking KRCs advice, and calling the sabres in an attempt to make them aware of this bull sh--.  i noticed my original note has also become a topic on sabresfans.com, some rangers fanboard, and on the flyersphans.com, which, again, is the site from which the original threats were posted.  not just the threat by this "Dopitamanek320" character to murder Sabres players, but also the threats to assault any sabre fans in attentdance.  Someone posted a link to the philly police website ( http://www.ppdonline.org/hq_contact.php )  and also to the philly fbi office ( phcybercrime@fbi.gov ) several fans posted that they sent emails to those two sites and I encourage you all to do the same.

Additionally, I recommend that someone call WGR and/or WIP today to get this garbage out in the open.  This is freakin sports, not a war.  If we make enough noise the Flyers/Wachovia center people will be FORCED to deal with it.

for reference, here again is the inciteful thread...posts #13-15, and especially 15, are the ones that prompted me to do something: http://www.flyersphans.com/forums/showthre...?t=61368&page=1

670067[/snapback]

I'm not going to try and tell you what you should and shouldn't do, because it really doesn't matter to me. But you really seem to have your shorts in a knot about some rediculously empty comment on a message board. If you honestly think 'draconator' is going to somehow access the part of the arena where the Sabres enter on their bus, and kidnap Sabres players into 'a white van,' you are completely nuts. Also, I wouldn't call the FBI and tell them that someone on an internet message board said they were going to punch Sabres fans. They might not care too much.

You make take offense, but IMO, you really sound like a bit of a ninny about all of this. Nobody is out to get you or the Sabres. I'm sure there have been thousands of empty threats on Dolphins fans on this board....Who cares! Don't make it your personal crusade. And for the record, I saw several Flyers fans get shoved HARD into walls in the hallway of HSBC arena during Game 1, so don't pretend Philly is the only backwards place where this stuff happens.

Good God, the guy's team lost 8-2...Just let him blow off some steam and make some lame ass weak comment, instead of trolling on their board and calling the cops about it.

This whole city is like that....no identity at all. It's a huge contrast with other places I've lived, although I do realize that there are tons of transplants who live here. I guess one  of my pet peeves is bandwagon jumping behavior, though, and that's all over the damn place down here. "Oh, the Falcons are good this year??  GO FALCONS!!!"  The minute they suck again, you don't see anyone supporting the team. Once in a while you come across a native, but from the city into the northern burbs (where I've spent most of my time while living here), there's hardly anyone who's actually FROM here. But yeah, I've been to the Ted about five times since I moved back here in '99, and the Georgia Dome a few times....it's more like a social gathering than it is a bunch of tried and true fans pulling for their team.

670087[/snapback]

I think that's the key. Atlanta IMO is not the "south". That's true of any big city. Savannah is the "south", in Georgia terms. Atlanta is a little bit of everywhere.

I'm not going to try and tell you what you should and shouldn't do, because it really doesn't matter to me.  But you really seem to have your shorts in a knot about some rediculously empty comment on a message board.  If you honestly think 'draconator' is going to somehow access the part of the arena where the Sabres enter on their bus, and kidnap Sabres players into 'a white van,' you are completely nuts.  Also, I wouldn't call the FBI and tell them that someone on an internet message board said they were going to punch Sabres fans.  They might not care too much.

You make take offense, but IMO, you really sound like a bit of a ninny about all of this.  Nobody is out to get you or the Sabres.  I'm sure there have been thousands of empty threats on Dolphins fans on this board....Who cares!  Don't make it your personal crusade.  And for the record, I saw several Flyers fans get shoved HARD into walls in the hallway of HSBC arena during Game 1, so don't pretend Philly is the only backwards place where this stuff happens. 

Good God, the guy's team lost 8-2...Just let him blow off some steam and make some lame ass weak comment, instead of trolling on their board and calling the cops about it.

670096[/snapback]

Not trying to be up tight... Why take the threat lightly?... In today's day and age... EVERYBODY should be vigilant... No matter what threat exists...

Don't misconstrue terror...

And yes, I am half joking...

:)