As per the ESPN resident alien John Clayton

The Bills sound as though they are focused on taking Florida State defensive tackle Brodrick Bunkley with the eighth pick in the first round. Though left tackle is a need position, the Bills don't want to take Winston Justice of USC that high. Haloti Ngata of Oregon is too big and not quick enough for their new Cover 2 defensive scheme, which needs quicker defensive linemen. Cornerback Michael Huff of Texas would be a consideration but the team looks at him as more of a safety. Still, the Bills could be tempted to trade down a few spots if they get the right offer and still be in position to come up with Bunkley.

After reading the bios on both players I am completely stuck on who to pick. Hopefully D'Brick.

The Bills sound as though they are focused on taking Florida State defensive tackle Brodrick Bunkley with the eighth pick in the first round. Though left tackle is a need position, the Bills don't want to take Winston Justice of USC that high. Haloti Ngata of Oregon is too big and not quick enough for their new Cover 2 defensive scheme, which needs quicker defensive linemen. Cornerback Michael Huff of Texas would be a consideration but the team looks at him as more of a safety. Still, the Bills could be tempted to trade down a few spots if they get the right offer and still be in position to come up with Bunkley.

After reading the bios on both players I am completely stuck on who to pick. Hopefully D'Brick.

668875[/snapback]

Clayton said this?

Now I expect the Bills to take a QB and hire Jim Fassell :w00t:

What's wrong with Huff as a safety? Last time I checked the Bills need a legit starting S.

668876[/snapback]

What is wrong with Huff and Even Davis is... They are not lineman... We have been told/promised to get better on the lines. Do you expect the Bills to take anything but a offensive or defensive lineman this year? No way. Marv Levy and Ralph Wilson know that they cannot possibly sell to the fans taking a skill type position...

What is wrong with Huff and Even Davis is...  They are not lineman...  We have been told/promised to get better on the lines. Do you expect the Bills to take anything but a offensive or defensive lineman this year?  No way.  Marv Levy and Ralph Wilson know that they cannot possibly sell to the fans taking a skill type position...

668978[/snapback]

:w00t:

The team can STILL improve on the lines even if they don't take a lineman with the first round pick.

There is a ton of depth in this draft. You don't pass on a player like Davis just because "we have been told/promised to get better on the lines".

Regardless, Davis will be gone by 8 so I guess it's moot.

What's wrong with Huff as a safety? Last time I checked the Bills need a legit starting S.

668876[/snapback]

Last time I checked there were 2 Safties in the league that one could say make a big enough impact to be chosen in the top 10...and one of them wasn't chosen that high. S is one of the easiest spots to fill with mid-round guys. Unless the Bills staff feels that Huff is one of the select few guys that can be difference makers at the S position he'd be a luxury pick.

668875[/snapback]

So we can safely assume the Bills are not taking Bunkley, then.

My money's on Winston Justice...Clayton hasn't mentioned him as a rumor yet, has he?

So we can safely assume the Bills are not taking Bunkley, then.

My money's on Winston Justice...Clayton hasn't mentioned him as a rumor yet, has he?

668997[/snapback]

I got this strait from ESPN.com in the NFL section. The headline says Bills covet Bunkley and then this was the story.

I'm not doubting you.  I'm doubting ESPN.

Specifically, I'm assuming ESPN - and Clayton in particular - is an excellent contra-indication of what will REALLY happen.

669000[/snapback]

I know I was just sayin, but if you read the article it has a nice comparison of both Ngata and Bunkley. Clayton is unbelievable wishy washy, I dont know how this guy holds a job there.

Last time I checked there were 2 Safties in the league that one could say make a big enough impact to be chosen in the top 10...and one of them wasn't chosen that high.  S is one of the easiest spots to fill with mid-round guys.  Unless the Bills staff feels that Huff is one of the select few guys that can be difference makers at the S position he'd be a luxury pick.

668992[/snapback]

2?? i think your missing someone - either reed, polamalu, or williams