Dbickashaw Ferguson is the Bills pick in several

This would be an early Xmas gift for the Bills.

Will it happen? Probably not,  but Gosselin has one of the better mocks out there.

:w00t:

668866[/snapback]

If Brick is there at #8, hell yes. Or, you shop the pick for some monster picks if you've got other ideas.

If all three of the big quarterbacks are taken before the Bills pick... they will probably have an opportunity to pick up Da'Brick!

668894[/snapback]

2 QB's taken for buffalo would give us either hawk, brick, mario, huff, or davis

3 QB's taken before we pick would give us a choice fomr at least 2 of the above list.

Worst case scenario: only leinart is taken, and all of the above guys are gone by #8, and we cant find a trade down partner...

It would be great, but there is no way, IMHO, that D'Brick is still on the board even by the time Green Bay picks.

668889[/snapback]

Actually I am getting more excited this will be possible. Scenarios where D'Brick is available to us at #8:

Scenario 1 - Reggie Bush shocker

based on this blog: http://www.thehuddlereport.com/NickelPacka...BLog4.20.06.htm

Texans - M. Williams (read above to find out why)

Saints - Hawk

Titans - Leinart

Jets - R. Bush

Packers - Huff/Ngata

49ers - V. Davis

Raiders - V. Young

Bills - D'Brick!!!

Scenario 2 - QBs always go high

based on the fact that whenever there are 2 QBs near the top like this year (Young / Leinart), they always seem to go early

Texans - R. Bush

Jets (or someone) trades to this spot - V. Young / Leinart

Titans - V. Young / Leinart

Saints (from Jets) - Hawk

Packers - M. Williams

49ers - V. Davis

Raiders - Huff (with QBs gone they decide to go for Huff)

Bills - D' Brick!!!

The idea is I keep hearing that the Saints really want Hawk when all is said and done and I am also assuming that

Packers will pick Defense

49ers are a lock to get Davis over D'Brick due to the money they spent on J. Jennings

Raiders will pick either QB or Huff based on recent pick of R. Gallery

A lot of assumptions I know....but I can dream!

I think Jason Peters is our future LT....so I would trade down if possible should this happen....

Not that I wouldn't be upset if we had brick.....

669096[/snapback]

Why can't Peters, if he's that good, stay at RT? We need one of those, too...

I think Jason Peters is our future LT....so I would trade down if possible should this happen....

Not that I wouldn't be upset if we had brick.....

669096[/snapback]

My thinking is that Gandy would be much better on the right side (he has actually shown this in the past) while Peters is more of the agile foot mover we will need on the left.....

I dont really consider these to be our positions of need anyway.....C may have been fixed with Fowler....we need a crushing agile LG to pair along side of him...

What we dont have is:

- A quality TE

- Ability to stop the run

- Ability to generate a consistant pass rush

I like Ferguson, but i think we already had an experience with an extremely nice and polite tackle and i really don't feel like trying to find the beast in another. But i just have to say that if Ferguson does fall, not based on the fact that i would be excited but instead on the fact that i would be utterly shocked, i would piss my pants.

It's not going to happen so i think my boxers will remain dry.

Anything is possible in drafts.  Problem is there are SO many mock drafts, how can any of them be taken seriously???

669086[/snapback]

Take them all seriously!! Here's how. Each time a mock draft comes your way, enter the results into a spreadsheet. Keep track of the percentage of mock drafts that have Ferguson falling to us, or Davis falling, etc. If one mock out of every ten has Ferguson available at #8, you could say there's a 10% chance of him being there.

This wouldn't exactly be the most productive possible use for your time, but if you're bored . . .

Maybe I am crazy, but d'brick does not excite me at all. I personal think that he is the most overhyped player in the last 3 drafts. Listen the man is light, and will not be able to handle the NE DL. double moves destroy him, take a step outside than a strong cut to his inside leg and you are in the backfield. He is a wall off run blocker, and he gets lazy. after you beat him he'll hold, and because he has long arms he can't hide it. I am hopefull that he ends up in NY. he also play flat footed. I say get a veteran, and wait for FA next year.

See my newest 7 round wish list, in another post