from a Philadelphia flyspeck fan page

dib

OLN showed it (best Bill Murray/Groundhog Day voice) over, and over, and over again. Since the Jumbotron obviously is tuned into OLN 24/7, Flyers fans should feel vindicated.

669059[/snapback]

:w00t: The Jumbotron's using the TV feed? Every hockey game I've ever been to, TV and Jumbotron are entirely different feeds.

Or were you being sarcastic?

:w00t: The Jumbotron's using the TV feed?  Every hockey game I've ever been to, TV and Jumbotron are entirely different feeds.

Or were you being sarcastic?

669063[/snapback]

Sarcasm. Obviously I need to work on my delivery.

The Cryer fans are bitching because Jim Jackson, Al Morganti and Jim Dornheffer were saying that the Arena scroeboard monitor showed it over and over and over.

You should have heard em. they sounded like whiny little girls. "I can't believe it! I can't believe that they're showing that again! That's classless!"

I felt like reaching thru the screen and choking the life out of those bastards.

669055[/snapback]

Thanks for the explanation.

I still have no idea why Morganti would make something like that up. That is bordering on mind-numbingly pointless. Oh, well. :w00t:

The Cryer fans are bitching because Jim Jackson, Al Morganti and Jim Dornheffer were saying that the Arena scroeboard monitor showed it over and over and over.

You should have heard em. they sounded like whiny little girls. "I can't believe it! I can't believe that they're showing that again! That's classless!"

I felt like reaching thru the screen and choking the life out of those bastards.

669055[/snapback]

I felt like calling 610 WIP this morning listening on my way to work (Al is on there, and I forget the host's name, some tool) and all they were talking about was "I want a Buffalo player injured tonight"

Yep. Real class by a radio show HOST.

WIP < RJ

If the Sabres win tonight, I plan on calling that station tomorrow.

I felt like calling 610 WIP this morning listening on my way to work (Al is on there, and I forget the host's name, some tool) and all they were talking about was "I want a Buffalo player injured tonight"

669116[/snapback]

That's really low. Is there any Sabres fan who, while appreciating Campbell's hit as a great play, wasn't simultaneously hoping Umberger wasn't badly hurt? Judging by the post-game, even Campbell felt bad about it.

Calling for an injury to any sports player is simply retarded. Unless they play for the Dolphins, of course. :w00t:

That's really low.  Is there any Sabres fan who, while appreciating Campbell's hit as a great play, wasn't simultaneously hoping Umberger wasn't badly hurt?  Judging by the post-game, even Campbell felt bad about it.

Calling for an injury to any sports player is simply retarded.  Unless they play for the Dolphins, of course.  ;)

669150[/snapback]

Now we know where part of Philly's fans problems come from. Absolutely disgusting...

And yes, I was blown away by the hit, but initial reaction was "I hope Umberger is ok, you don't want to see serious injuries like that"

Philly fans boo Santa Claus and yet they call Buffalo fans classless? Please! :):w00t:

That's really low.  Is there any Sabres fan who, while appreciating Campbell's hit as a great play, wasn't simultaneously hoping Umberger wasn't badly hurt?  Judging by the post-game, even Campbell felt bad about it.

Calling for an injury to any sports player is simply retarded.  Unless they play for the Dolphins, of course.  :)

669150[/snapback]

Thats what I find hilarious out of all of this. Read through the posts here on the Go Sabres message board and most people said the same thing...that they hoped Umberger was okay. No ill-will. No hate towards the guy just because he plays for the Flyers, we're all human beings after all.

And yet Philly fans are calling to hurt our players because of a totally legal hit that even the Flyers themselves said they were perfectly fine with. Talk about heaping bad hockey karma on your own team.

Yeah, we're the scumbags in this equation :w00t:

Thats what I find hilarious out of all of this.  Read through the posts here on the Go Sabres message board and most people said the same thing...that they hoped Umberger was okay.  No ill-will.  No hate towards the guy just because he plays for the Flyers, we're all human beings after all.

And yet Philly fans are calling to hurt our players because of a totally legal hit that even the Flyers themselves said they were perfectly fine with.  Talk about heaping bad hockey karma on your own team.

Yeah, we're the scumbags in this equation  :w00t:

669166[/snapback]

While that wouldn't surprise me, Clements22 stated that the radio show HOST was saying he wants Sabres injured.

For some reason that strikes me as being far worse.

Now we know where part of Philly's fans problems come from.  Absolutely disgusting...

And yes, I was blown away by the hit, but initial reaction was "I hope Umberger is ok, you don't want to see serious injuries like that"

Philly fans boo Santa Claus and yet they call Buffalo fans classless?  Please!  :)  :w00t:

669163[/snapback]

I love the Bang cartoon from a few years back about the NFL Draft..."And with their pick the Philadelphia Eagles select...Jesus Christ!" "Boooooo....."

Or there's Bob Uecker's classic: "One of my biggest thrills in baseball was watching a guy fall out of the upper deck of Connie Mack Stadium. The crowd booed when he got up."

Yep.  Real class by a radio show HOST.

WIP < RJ

If the Sabres win tonight, I plan on calling that station tomorrow.

669116[/snapback]

Please let me know....I might actually listen to that joke of a station for once.

BTW did you know the Bills gave up draft picks for Takeo Spikes? That's what Howard Eskin said :w00t: