from a Philadelphia flyspeck fan page

dib

The worst part, the arena kept showing it over and over while Umberger was down. Poor judgement on the arena's part, even worse behavior from the class-less Sabres fans.

Finally Daniel Briere sent us to bed when Jochen Hecht fed a pass across the crease to him for a tap in goal.

This series should be great. This game was great. If the Flyers can stay away from the penalties, they can still win this series. Huge effort from Esche. Note to NHL; We can do without the chickenbleep calls from refs, especially the ones from half the ice away

The 'fan' also says that Philly should be able to take advantage of Buffalo's "inexperienced" goal tending

I unfortunately was not there but heard several first-hand reports that the replay was shown once, it was the play only (not the eyes-rolling close-ups that OLN was showing of him after the play), and it was not shown until he was in the tunnel.

I unfortunately was not there but heard several first-hand reports that the replay was shown once, it was the play only (not the eyes-rolling close-ups that OLN was showing of him after the play), and it was not shown until he was in the tunnel.

668873[/snapback]

That is correct. The crowd was in a frenzy and deserved to see the hit one time. Umberger was off the ice, and play was about to resume. They showed the hit once at regular speed, and you are correct, it was the hit only, not the 'Where am I?' aftermath.

That is correct.  The crowd was in a frenzy and deserved to see the hit one time.  Umberger was off the ice, and play was about to resume.  They showed the hit once at regular speed, and you are correct, it was the hit only, not the 'Where am I?' aftermath.

668886[/snapback]

where were you sitting? we were at the Cobblestone before the game...

yeah they showed it like 3 or 4 minutes after the hit...

You can hear the Crowd in the Video go, OOOOOOOooooooo in the background....

That was the only time they showed it

Flyers fans, what a great bunch...

where were you sitting? we were at the Cobblestone before the game...

668898[/snapback]

I was in 316, not bad seats. Upper deck corner at the end where the Sabres shoot twice, and where Briere pumped in the winner.

We had six seats, and we all started drinking at my place at about 3pm. Drove downtown and parked and went to the Cobblestone as well. We got there around 5:30, drank for about an hour, and then headed back after the game. I never made it inside the Cobblestone after the game, just got a beer outside and hung out there. Then we went to a my friend's stag, arriving just in time for the entertainment.

I was in 316, not bad seats.  Upper deck corner at the end where the Sabres shoot twice, and where Briere pumped in the winner.

We had six seats, and we all started drinking at my place at about 3pm.  Drove downtown and parked and went to the Cobblestone as well.  We got there around 5:30, drank for about an hour, and then headed back after the game.  I never made it inside the Cobblestone after the game, just got a beer outside and hung out there.  Then we went to a my friend's stag, arriving just in time for the entertainment.

668915[/snapback]

we wer ein 312...I was the idiot screaming MILLLLLLLLLLLLLER TIME at the Cobblestone and the game...EZC was the idiot banging a cowbell all game

we wer ein 312...I was the idiot screaming MILLLLLLLLLLLLLER TIME at the Cobblestone and the game...EZC was the idiot banging a cowbell all game

668917[/snapback]

:w00t: Nice!

I was the idiot in the hallway attempting to negotiate a beer sale throughout the end of the 3rd and OT. I believe I was offering a vendor upwards of $50 for a cold brew.

Cutting off beer sales with 10 minutes left in the 3rd was not always the way at HSBC, was it? I swear I remember Bondra scoring in OT (or maybe even double OT) in 1998 and my friend and I had just gotten tallboys. We sat in our seats and finished them, last two out of the arena!

yeah they showed it like 3 or 4 minutes after the hit...

You can hear the Crowd in the Video go, OOOOOOOooooooo in the background....

That was the only time they showed it

Flyers fans, what a great bunch...

668907[/snapback]

Here's what I posted yesterday over on TSR about the showing of the hit. Apologies to anyone that already read it over there.

Just another aside about the hit. Over on the Phlyers Phan board, there was a lot of whining about the hit being shown multiple times on the Jumbotron. (5+ times seems to be a common perception.) I was at the game and just watched the MSG version of that portion of the game and can honestly state I would like to know what drugs those guys (and the OLN guys that goaded them on) were smoking because it must be some reeeaaally incredible stuff.

The Jumbotron shows the game in real time, so the hit (most likely) made it to the jumbotron when it occurred. The hit was repeated ONCE about 4 minutes after Umberger went down (which was actually about 2 minutes after he skated off the ice) as the game was being delayed by Captain Kangaroo's continued discussion with the referees.

Apparently, the hit was then reshown during the intermission on the Jumbotron during the MSG intermission simulcast. (I was talking with some friends in the concourse and didn't see the simulcast.) Assuming the feed in the rink is the same one that went out to the home viewers, the hit was shown exactly 1 more time. About 4 seconds after showing the hit, Kevin Sylvester said (and this is paraphrasing) "Just so everyone knows, we were told Umberger is alright. We would not have shown that if he was injured."

So, I have no idea what the OLN guys (and Phlyer Phans) are whining about; as the hit (if you include showing it real time) was shown on the Jumbotron exactly 3 times. (Once real time, once during a Phlyer induced delay in the action, and once 15 minutes later with a disclaimer.) Also, if there are any Phlyer Lurkers out there, the Sabre fans DID cheer for Umberger when he got up.

I was there.. it *was* only shown once, and it was well after the hit was over. Sometime after the refs put everyone in the penalty boxes. I remember specifically because my GF missed the original hit and wanted to see it. I stared at the screen waiting for them to show it, and once they did she was looking elsewhere and missed it again. I kept my eye on the screen, but it was never shown again.

.. just goes to show you how people can lie to themselves to only know and hear what they want. If they want to think HSBC Arena officials are tasteless, they will.. no matter what we say or do.

:w00t:  Nice!

I was the idiot in the hallway attempting to negotiate a beer sale throughout the end of the 3rd and OT.  I believe I was offering a vendor upwards of $50 for a cold brew.

Cutting off beer sales with 10 minutes left in the 3rd was not always the way at HSBC, was it?  I swear I remember Bondra scoring in OT (or maybe even double OT) in 1998 and my friend and I had just gotten tallboys.  We sat in our seats and finished them, last two out of the arena!

668921[/snapback]

Sure was not that way when I went to Game 7, 1997 Eastern Conference Quarterfinals, Sabres/Sens, at the end of regulation I downed 3 beers at intermission...I bought 2, my Dad bought 2 and I took his spare!! :)

:w00t:  Nice!

I was the idiot in the hallway attempting to negotiate a beer sale throughout the end of the 3rd and OT.  I believe I was offering a vendor upwards of $50 for a cold brew.

Cutting off beer sales with 10 minutes left in the 3rd was not always the way at HSBC, was it?  I swear I remember Bondra scoring in OT (or maybe even double OT) in 1998 and my friend and I had just gotten tallboys.  We sat in our seats and finished them, last two out of the arena!

668921[/snapback]

smokin, i believe you are correct. That was the last sabre playoff game i was at, game 7 agaisn't the Caps in Conference finals. I swear i remember getting beers in the third and OT, and even getting em and bringem outside for smokes.

That sucks if they cut off in the playoffs

ok, heres the answer everyone is looking for...

unfortunately i am a buffalo guy trapped in philly. the local network is what everyone watches the game on, not OLN or anything else. i watched the same channel they did, the announcers and replays are different. Here in philly, they showed the replay like a hundred times over, however the announcer complained as to why "buffalo" would show it over and over and thats why everyone in philly thinks it was the jumbotron. From what i hear it seems like we only showed it once, but here in philly it was shown greater than 5 times, so im guessing it was the network cameras here that covered the game and they were the ones the showed it, the only thing is that no one knows this because they dont view our board to know we only showed it once, thats why they blame buffalo.

So, I have no idea what the OLN guys (and Phlyer Phans) are whining about; as the hit (if you include showing it real time) was shown on the Jumbotron exactly 3 times. (Once real time, once during a Phlyer induced delay in the action, and once 15 minutes later with a disclaimer.) Also, if there are any Phlyer Lurkers out there, the Sabre fans DID cheer for Umberger when he got up.

668932[/snapback]

The Cryer fans are bitching because Jim Jackson, Al Morganti and Jim Dornheffer were saying that the Arena scroeboard monitor showed it over and over and over.

You should have heard em. they sounded like whiny little girls. "I can't believe it! I can't believe that they're showing that again! That's classless!"

I felt like reaching thru the screen and choking the life out of those bastards.