Bush could be ruled ineligible?

I read it as it could make him ineligible to be a NCAA athlete.  I think he could get into legal trouble (fines?), but I doubt it would have any bearing on his draft eligiblity.

Would make things a bit interesting though...

668537[/snapback]

If he were ruled ineligible for the 05 season that may get tricky.......Maybe?

Bush                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Did I read that correctly on Yahoo? Wow would that frig up the draft.

668531[/snapback]

Ineligible to play in NCAA games is the way I read it. The article said nothing about the draft.

Bush                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Did I read that correctly on Yahoo? Wow would that frig up the draft.

668531[/snapback]

that wouldnt have anything to do with him being eligible for the draft

If he were ruled ineligible for the 05 season that may get tricky.......Maybe?

668538[/snapback]

Yeah...I like where you're going with that. I considered it too briefly.

I don't wish trouble on anyone but I have to say that it would warm my heart a little to have TWO Southern Cal players be locked out of the draft and then barred from returning to school (Bush and Mike Williams). :)

Ineligible to play in NCAA games is the way I read it.  The article said nothing about the draft.

668540[/snapback]

Okay......I was wondering how it could affect him with the NFL...... I guess it doesn't or could it?

I read it as it could make him ineligible to be a NCAA athlete.  I think he could get into legal trouble (fines?), but I doubt it would have any bearing on his draft eligiblity.

Would make things a bit interesting though...

668537[/snapback]

It also said the team could forfeit any games he played. That would mean USC would lose their 2003 and 2004 Championships?? :)

Yeah...I like where you're going with that.  I considered it too briefly.

I don't wish trouble on anyone but I have to say that it would warm my heart a little to have TWO Southern Cal players be locked out of the draft and then barred from returning to school (Bush and Mike Williams). :)

668543[/snapback]

Being a UCLA fan I hate USC as much as anybody but what happened to Mike Williams was complete BS.

Being a UCLA fan I hate USC as much as anybody but what happened to Mike Williams was complete BS.

668549[/snapback]

Oh no doubt. It was a travesty. He was thrown on the street by the NFL and then kicked in the teeth by NCAA. He should never have been removed from the draft. He entered under the (then) current rules.

It was messed up...

Okay......I was wondering how it could affect him with the NFL...... I guess it doesn't or could it?

668544[/snapback]

As previously noted: he's already going pro. NCAA eligibility has no bearing on that. And as a junior (unlike Clarett and Williams, who ran afoul of the draft process when they tried to come out after their sophomore seasons), he'd have no reason to attempt to regain his college eligibility...

Addendum: agree with y'all on Williams. He only declared because it was legal to do so at the time; not his fault the Clarett decision was overturned.

As previously noted: he's already going pro. NCAA eligibility has no bearing on that. And as a junior (unlike Clarett and Williams, who ran afoul of the draft process when they tried to come out after their sophomore seasons), he'd have no reason to attempt to regain his college eligibility...

Addendum: agree with y'all on Williams. He only declared because it was legal to do so at the time; not his fault the Clarett decision was overturned.

668554[/snapback]

But what about USC having to forfeit the games he played, how does that affect their championships?

But what about USC having to forfeit the games he played, how does that affect their championships?

668557[/snapback]

I took that as he would forfeit the games he played, not USC. But just to be safe I am going to go ahead and add a victory to each of ND's 2003-2005 seasons. :)

668557[/snapback]

Ah, now that could get interesting. Probably won't get that far, since USC's a Big Football School... but wouldn't it be fun if it did?

Ah, now that could get interesting. Probably won't get that far, since USC's a Big Football School... but wouldn't it be fun if it did?

668561[/snapback]

I'm a big 'SC fan but I'm really getting sick and tired of atheletes and their families getting these free rides. I hope they get screwed.

ok, I am a tad niave at times, but something seems wrong here. Since everyone KNOWS this kind of crap is against the rules, how does one score a $750,000 house for the family and not have that noticed?

Pocket money is one thing, but isn't this just a tad over the top for such a high profile player?

ok, I am a tad niave at times, but something seems wrong here.  Since everyone KNOWS this kind of crap is against the rules, how does one score a $750,000 house for the family and not have that noticed?

Pocket money is one thing, but isn't this just a tad over the top for such a high profile player?

668585[/snapback]

It took a reporter to report it. Locals probably didn't want to stir things up and kill their golden goose.

668557[/snapback]

OSU got disclplined recently for some dirty deeds that occured a few years ago. IIRC, they are supposed to hand over $$$ earned by a bowl appearance or two, and remove trophies, pennants, etc.

But no forfeits.