Davis & Huff, 2 players that are the best at their

Yes, because we all know that the draft begins AND ends after round 1.  :)

669717[/snapback]

News flash...rounds one through eight are not fungible. Ngata/Bunkley is not Jesse Mahelona. You can get a DT at round two or even at reound 7...hell you can get one in free agency...or as is suggested you can miracle coach our existing DT's. But I think you better get the best one you can...and that's the one that is available at 8.

News flash...rounds one through eight are not fungible.  Ngata/Bunkley is not Jesse Mahelona.  You can get a DT at round two or even at reound 7...hell you can get one in free agency...or as is suggested you can miracle coach our existing DT's.  But I think you better get the best one you can...and that's the one that is available at 8.

669733[/snapback]

1. Huff

2. McCargo

3a. Lutui

3b. Trueblood

What would be bad about this scenario for the first 3 rounds? To get a playmaker in the secondary, a very good DT, a guard who has tremendous upside, and a very good OT?

McCargo is a late first round pick. Very little chance of him or Wroten being there in the second. And there is a difference between him and Ngata/Bunkley. mcCargo

669744[/snapback]

There's a difference between any two players. None are alike. McCargo in the late first? To who?

Ngata/Bunkley is not Jesse Mahelona. 

669733[/snapback]

I like Jesse Mahelona. He's one of the guys I have marked down for the 3rd-4th round. 6-1 310. Fits the Cover 2.

Street & Smith - AFC Scout - " Can get through the gap and absolutely destroy plays. He can be a difference maker "

There's a difference between any two players.  None are alike.  McCargo in the late first?  To who?

669749[/snapback]

McCargo, Wroten, Colledge (second tier DT's should be targeted late first (Dallas comes to mind) and early second. Second tier is not what we should be looking at and a Bunkley/Ngata at 8 and a Wroten, Colledge or McCargo (whoever is left) in the second would not be a bad selection, although I would probably be more inclined to find a first rate offensive lineman in the second.

McCargo, Wroten, Colledge (second tier DT's should be targeted late first (Dallas comes to mind) and early second.  Second tier is not what we should be looking at  and a Bunkley/Ngata at 8 and a Wroten, Colledge or McCargo (whoever is left) in the second would not be a bad selection, although I would probably be more inclined to find a first rate offensive lineman in the second.

669780[/snapback]

Dallas pass up a LB in the first round for any of those guys? No way. I'd expect the 'Boys to snare Manny Lawson if he's there, if not probably a guy like Thomas Howard. If they were to go away from LB, it'll be for a DB, not a DT. I just don't see that.

Colledge is an OT.

Wroten is a guy whose name I've seen thrown around on this board, but I don't want him. Too many off the field issues for me.

First rate OL in the second? I could live w/ that. We should be in the running for any of the top 3 guards (Jean-Gilles, Joseph, Spencer). Mangold will be gone, as will Winston, more than likely.

McCargo, Mangold Winston or Colledge would be great second round choices, but I think you are right that they may not be around for us in the second. I like Jason Allen of Tennessee (no surprise!) but I think he has moved up. Seriously I think McCargo is getting a lot of late notice and might show up in the late first. He's the "sleeper" but I think he is kind of skyrocketing this week.

1.  Huff

2.  McCargo

3a.  Lutui

3b.  Trueblood

What would be bad about this scenario for the first 3 rounds?  To get a playmaker in the secondary, a very good DT, a guard who has tremendous upside, and a very good OT?

669738[/snapback]

Wow, i just posted this before reading this thread...you know what they say about great minds...

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showt...ndpost&p=669856

McCargo, Wroten, Colledge (second tier DT's should be targeted late first (Dallas comes to mind) and early second.  Second tier is not what we should be looking at  and a Bunkley/Ngata at 8 and a Wroten, Colledge or McCargo (whoever is left) in the second would not be a bad selection, although I would probably be more inclined to find a first rate offensive lineman in the second.

669780[/snapback]

Yeah, cause second Tier guys in a draft never pan out to be good football players, only the top Tier guys become Pro Bowlers and win games. Buffalo should trade all their other picks in the later rounds just to get a couple more first round picks so we can get only top tier players, since they never become Busts

Davis isn't a need.  I'd rather have Ferguson or Huff.   They would fill a void immediately and would be major upgrades.

668634[/snapback]

Tight End is a not a need?..:)

For christ sake....every year we hear the same thing before the draft (Well TE isn't a need we need other things)

and then by the mid point of the season we B word about not having a quality pro Tight End to give our QB a big target.....

I personally at this point dont care if it is Vernon Davis...there are THREE quality TE's in this draft.....but I think we need one of them

Yeah, cause second Tier guys in a draft never pan out to be good football players, only the top Tier guys become Pro Bowlers and win games. Buffalo should trade all their other picks in the later rounds just to get a couple more first round picks so we can get only top tier players, since they never become Busts

670253[/snapback]

Good rule of thumb. When you have a choice between a top tier guy and a second tier guy...you should probably go with the top tier guy. Especially if it fills a position of critical need. Like ....say....Defensive Tackle? :)

669780[/snapback]

I don't see the Cowboys taking McCargo or Wroten as both are more 1 gap type DTs (unless your suggesting they draft either to play DE). Instead I could see them taking a chance on Gabe Watson though as he offers better size and could be a replacement for Jason Ferguson who is on the wrong side of 30.