Guessing the Bills draft

nodnarb

Ravens want Ngata and don't think he'll get past cleveland, so they swap 1st round picks with us to take him. They give us their second round pick, #44, and their fifth round pick, #146, and we give them our second third round pick, #73. This gives the Bills a net gain of 18 points per the standard value chart.

Leaves the Bills with picks 13, 42, 44, 70, 105, 134, 143, 146, 178, 216, and 248.

1. DT Bunkley

2a. G Davin Joseph

2b. DT John McCargo

3. RB Maurice Drew

4. OT Joe Toledo

Trade 5b and 5c to get back into the 4th to take S Greg Blue

5a. LB Spencer Havner

6.G Jason Spitz

7a. QB Ingle Martin

7b. DE/LB Ryan LeCasse

7a. QB Ingle Martin

668173[/snapback]

Hey, I like Martin as well. I saw a clip of him at the combine on the NFL network and he had a real good release. Send him to the NFLE for a year or two and he can take Holcomb's spot. Still, taking a 4th string QB is a considerable luxury for this team right now.

Scouts Inc. Bio

Strengths: Possesses good size, can see the entire field and has improved ability to read defenses. Has a strong arm and puts adequate zip on downfield passes. Can be accurate when sets his feet and flashes the ability to lead receivers. Has quick feet, shows good lateral mobility and can buy time in the pocket. Possesses adequate top-end speed, flashes the ability to make the first defender miss and can pick up critical yards when nothing is available downfield. Plays with confidence and is a leader on the field. Has extensive experienced punting the ball, has practiced place kicking and has some experience lining up at receiver so is versatile and athletic.

Weaknesses: Most of production came at the small school level and ability to adjust to a much higher level of competition remains to be seen. Doesn't have elite elusiveness, doesn't show a second gear and isn't much of a big play threat as an open field runner. Appears to put too much faith in arm strength at times, tries to make too much happen when gets into trouble and needs to make better decisions. Is streaky and loses the strike zone when isn't allowed to get into a rhythm. Doesn't always show great poise in the pocket and locks onto receivers too much allowing defenders to jump routes. While durability isn't a substantial concern at this point he sustained a concussion during the 2003 season.

Overall: Florida red-shirted Martin in 2001. He played in 12 of 13 games in 2002. While he saw some time at quarterback, Martin was the Gators' starting punter for seven games and saw action at wide receiver in eight games. Martin started the first four games of the 2003 season at quarterback but Florida replaced him with Chris Leake. He threw for 654 yards and three touchdowns while completing 61% of his passes that year.

Martin transferred to Furman in 2004 and he threw for 2,792 yards as well as 22 touchdowns. He also placed five of his eight punts inside the opponents' 20-yardline. Martin played in 14 games in 2005 throwing for 2,959 yards, 20 touchdowns and 13 interceptions while completing 60.7% of his passes. He also rushed 78 times for 234 yards and five touchdowns.

There's a lot to like about Martin's upside, as he is mobile, he puts good velocity on his passes and his versatility makes him a valuable asset when running gadget plays. However, he isn't fundamentally sound, he makes some poor decisions and he is inconsistent. With all that in mind, Martin is worth the risk in the final two rounds of the 2006 draft.

Ravens want Ngata and don't think he'll get past cleveland, so they swap 1st round picks with us to take him. They give us their second round pick, #44, and their fifth round pick, #146, and we give them our second third round pick, #73. This gives the Bills a net gain of 18 points per the standard value chart.

Leaves the Bills with picks 13, 42, 44, 70, 105, 134, 143, 146, 178, 216, and 248.

1. DT Bunkley

2a. G Davin Joseph

2b. DT John McCargo

3. RB Maurice Drew

4. OT Joe Toledo

5a. LB Spencer Havner

6.G Jason Spitz

7a. QB Ingle Martin

7b. DE/LB Ryan LeCasse

668173[/snapback]

If Drew is sitting there in the 3rd round he'd be a great pick. The guy plays as hard as any RB I've seen in a long time and is a demon catching the ball out of the backfield and working in open space. If Drew could stay healthy (a big if) he'd push Willis and (hopefully) make him better in the process. Willis definitely needs a push, he seemed complacent last year.

That being said, I don't think Drew is there in the 3rd. I wouldn't mind seeing the Bills grab Riggs Jr. in the 4th or 5th.

I would honestly be shocked if Marv did any sort of wheeling and dealing whatsoever. I think he'll just make his picks at the spots we already have and call it a day. The more I read about the draft, the more I am in favor of trading out of the #8 spot for an extra pick, but I just don't see it happening.

1. DT Bunkley

2a. G Davin Joseph

2b. DT John McCargo

3. RB Maurice Drew

4. OT Joe Toledo

5a. LB Spencer Havner

6.G Jason Spitz

7a. QB Ingle Martin

7b. DE/LB Ryan LeCasse

668173[/snapback]

I like the 1st round trade. However I think The 3rd-5th rounds could be better.

Keep both 5th rounds.

3. Roman Harper/Pat Watkins (You choose) S

4. Leon Washington RB

5. Rashad Butler OT

5. Darrell Hunter CB

But thats just me... What does everybody else think?

1. DT Bunkley

2a. G Davin Joseph

2b. DT John McCargo

3. RB Maurice Drew

4. OT Joe Toledo

5a. LB Spencer Havner

6.G Jason Spitz

7a. QB Ingle Martin

7b. DE/LB Ryan LeCasse

I think it's a great draft, and very believable. The Cleveland trade scenario is the most believable of the trade-downs Marv would do. If we got Bunkley-Joseph-McCargo I'd be buying tickets. Will Joe Toledo last until RD#4?