Thank You Congress and TV

Hope you loved your monthly Bush Bash

You are beginning to see the ripple effects our political heros and wise news executives are having on our strategic security. For me, I would hope they will choke on it - but they never will. When everyone's gas is $8.00 per gallon, make sure you blame someone in the White House.  And that is just one problem.

You don't let TV (or Congress) dictate foreign policy. The last thing we needed to do was to give China leverage against our own middle eastern interests. But, "Bush was going to sell our ports to terrorists".

This stuff just pisses me off.

For those of you with the knee-jerk "Who cares what they think" response, the world just doesn't work that way. It's a chess game, and you don't spot a knight and a bishop for some self interest airtime. Don't think that China has forgotten it runs terminals at a few west coast ports.

668118[/snapback]

So you want me to believe that this deal wouldn't have happened without the Ports deal collapse??

Except for the occasional Ebola outbreak.

Except they're not reporting on Angola, either.  I guess Ebola is passe.

668417[/snapback]

Didn't they cure that in a movie 5 or 10 years ago? How could it not be passe?

I knew about it. And I knew it was going to happen. Look, it's simple economics. Ina matter of years there will be more middle-class Chinese than there are Americans of ALL financial backgrounds.

It makes economic sense for the Saudis to get in bed with the Chinese.

So you want me to believe that this deal wouldn't have happened without the Ports deal collapse??

668521[/snapback]

Maybe, maybe not. My point is not to hand over an advantage on a silver platter - hence my highlighted section from the article. That is a ready made made trump card for anyone who cares to use it. A Saudi Arabia less allied with us and more allied with China is also not going to be much help when dealing with Iran.