Sabres Game: Campbell just destroyed a Flyer

Talonz

You should hear Al Morganti bitching about the HSBC crew showing the hit over and over.

667919[/snapback]

Over and over? I was at the game, and the whole place was on their feet for five minutes after that hit...It was louder than after any goal. The fans were begging for a replay. Finally, after they got Umberger off the ice (see also: any scene from 'Weekend at Bernie's' when they were propping up the dead guy) they showed the replay one time from one angle on the Jumbotron. I thought it was proper. There was 18000 people who couldn't believe what they just saw and wanted to see it again. They waited for the dead guy to get off the ice, the crowd gave him a nice hand, and then they showed the replay once. Anyone who thought that was excessive is nuts.

Possibly the greatest check in Sabres history...Has to rank with Schoenfeld check through the boards and fight in zamboni hallway.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the NHL playoffs, rook.    Doubt he'll forget that lesson.

668134[/snapback]

Forget?

He doesn't remember the hit. He doesn't remember the game. He doesn't remember the entire second half of his life.

Forget?

He doesn't remember the hit.  He doesn't remember the game.  He doesn't remember the entire second half of his life.

668140[/snapback]

The vacant look on his face right after he hits the ice is fantastic. Good night, little RJ.

Freakin wow. I just watched it again and it was fuggin awesome. First thing they teach you when you start playing check hockey: keep your head up. I broke my arm in a game in high school on the same type of play. (although I didn't get owned that bad, and I didn't need a trainer to tell me I was still alive :lol: )

Freakin wow. I just watched it again and it was fuggin awesome. First thing they teach you when you start playing check hockey: keep your head up. I broke my arm in a game in high school on the same type of play. (although I didn't get owned that bad, and I didn't need a trainer to tell me I was still alive  :) )

668214[/snapback]

I got destroyed like that too in HS hockey. Took a pass from the defenseman, turned to head man the puck, and got leveled. Snapped the cage off my helmet. But i got up and went to the bench. Only a bit woozy.

I did get the pass off tho, which fed our winger on a breakaway. He choked tho, so my getting wrecked was all for naught. The coach gave him all sorts of hell for it. ;)