The Bills WONT Draft Bunkley because he doesn't

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what he did at the combine, but his 1st Wonderlic was a 15, so if he scored a 31, he did it by studying for it before the combine. I prefer a non "coached up" Wonderlic:

Campus: 4.92 in the 40-yard dash...1.76 in the 10-yard dash...4.7 20-yard shuttle...365-pound bench press...365-pound squat...277-pound power clean...28-inch vertical jump...33 ¾-inch arm length...9 7/8-inch hands...Right-handed...15/24 Wonderlic score.

667666[/snapback]

[/quote

Bunkley is not very strong is he.

Marv just gave 10 million dollars to Gearless Price, a lazy, whiny gutless malcontent who is utterly and completely devoid of any character whatsoever.

So you can pretty much throw Marv's quote on character right out the window.

667662[/snapback]

I think Price was a good gamble and as cheap as you are going to get a backup receiver these days in the new NFL. I can;t remember a year in history that such marginal talent got HUGE contracts. #2 receivers are being given crazy amounts of money. Do you think Randel El and David Givens are any better than Price was when Atlanta thought he could be a number 1 a couple years back? They were both products of having a more talented wide receiver on the roster opposite them just like Price was. The redskins and Titans will find that out too. This time around Price understands his role and embraces it. As far as I am concerned he is a low cost #2 & worth the gamble.

If the Bills draft Bunkley then Marv will be contradicting himself because he stated that he's looking for high character guys and smart football players.  Bunkley is dumber than a box of rocks (sorry rocks) and has had issues off the field.

:lol:

667581[/snapback]

Marv just gave 10 million dollars to Gearless Price, a lazy, whiny gutless malcontent who is utterly and completely devoid of any character whatsoever.

So you can pretty much throw Marv's quote on character right out the window.

667662[/snapback]

I think Price was a good gamble and as cheap as you are going to get a backup receiver these days in the new NFL. I can;t remember a year in history that such marginal talent got HUGE contracts. #2 receivers are being given crazy amounts of money. Do you think Randel El and David Givens are any better than Price was when Atlanta thought he could be a number 1 a couple years back? They were both products of having a more talented wide receiver on the roster opposite them just like Price was. The redskins and Titans will find that out too. This time around Price understands his role and embraces it. As far as I am concerned he is a low cost #2 & worth the gamble.

668097[/snapback]

While I delight in Simon's characterization of Gearless, I note he did not cheap-shot him with a "blind eye." :P However, he did set the record straight regarding Marv's statement on the importance of "Character." That said, I think if he (Marv) believes Gearless is worthy of a second chance, perhaps he thinks Mr. Bunkley is as well.

My question is, if it's Cleveland (at "12") that will move to our 8 to pickup Nagata because he wouldn't be there at 12, why would Bunkley be there at 12 if we swap with Cleveland? Cleveland wants Nagata that much more than they want Bunkley? Or do they think Detroit, Arizona or St Louie would take Bunkley? Certainly Marv doesn't seem to think so. Of course, that's all predicated on Bunkley being the guy Modrak/Marv really wants.

It seems Crenell likes and values the wide body stay-at-home kinda guy that much more than Bunkley. If Marv's right and Cleveland wants to take Nagata to keep The Bills from getting him we should get Cleveland's 3rd OR extra two players (4th and 5th round) to move down.

Bobblehead and chickenwing 73...good posts.

4 years 10 mil for a receiver is pretty cheap considering the potential involved.

"Levy is not necessarily talking about personal character, but rather professional character."

That's a great point. Made me think of Vince Young showing up to the white house wearing jeans and a sweatshirt instead of a suit or at least a blazer. It's just not professional. Makes him look like a fool to me.

I really dont have any problem with Bunkley's "character" problems, as nod was saying, he stole a video game from a Wal-Mart 3 years ago but thats not going to make me get the vapors and start calling for the smelling salts.

I'm more concerned with how in every report I've read about them, all of them use the word "soft" when they describe him.  Not very tough at all, and that scares the hell out of me.  Also, the fact that he only was good for one season and before that he was just another backup DT in the FSU rotation.  It makes me think he hyped up his game because he knew a big time NFL contract depended on it...and without that carrot dangling in front of him, he'll go back to just simply not producing.  I'm very reluctant to give a big-time contract to someone who has only on year of solid play under his belt.

667631[/snapback]

Bunkley reminds me of Conlan a bit. Great upper body strength but his legs are always injured. That Wal*Mart thing is the icing. He wasn't a little kid, he was a young adult playing for FSU. Of course he is a good workout warrior... he spent half of his college time rehabbing. :lol:

It's draft week. Time to change your Mock...I'm curious to see if you will take the character question guys Justice and Dvorcek off your mock. :P

I don't know what he did at the combine, but his 1st Wonderlic was a 15, so if he scored a 31, he did it by studying for it before the combine.  I prefer a non "coached up" Wonderlic:

Campus: 4.92 in the 40-yard dash...1.76 in the 10-yard dash...4.7 20-yard shuttle...365-pound bench press...365-pound squat...277-pound power clean...28-inch vertical jump...33 ¾-inch arm length...9 7/8-inch hands...Right-handed...15/24 Wonderlic score.

667666[/snapback]

These numbers can't be right...the guy benched 225 lbs. 44 times and he has a 365 lb bench press? I'm 170 lbs and I squat 350, no way does Bunkley only squat 365lbs, these aren't correct numbers.

These numbers can't be right...the guy benched 225 lbs. 44 times and he has a 365 lb bench press?  I'm 170 lbs and I squat 350, no way does Bunkley only squat 365lbs, these aren't correct numbers.

668163[/snapback]

i thought the same thing, Unless he is just full of slow Twitch muscle?

These numbers can't be right...the guy benched 225 lbs. 44 times and he has a 365 lb bench press?  I'm 170 lbs and I squat 350, no way does Bunkley only squat 365lbs, these aren't correct numbers.

668163[/snapback]

unless he's a putz and only benches, totally ignoring his truck

While I delight in Simon's characterization of Gearless, I note he did not cheap-shot him with a "blind eye."  :) However, he did set the record straight regarding Marv's statement on the importance of "Character." That said, I think if he (Marv) believes Gearless is worthy of a second chance, perhaps he thinks Mr. Bunkley is as well.

My question is, if it's Cleveland (at "12") that will move to our 8 to pickup Nagata because he wouldn't be there at 12, why would Bunkley be there at 12 if we swap with Cleveland? Cleveland wants Nagata that much more than they want Bunkley? Or do they think Detroit, Arizona or St Louie would take Bunkley? Certainly Marv doesn't seem to think so. Of course, that's all predicated on Bunkley being the guy Modrak/Marv really wants.

It seems Crenell likes and values the wide body stay-at-home kinda guy that much more than Bunkley. If Marv's right and Cleveland wants to take Nagata to keep The Bills from getting him we should get Cleveland's 3rd OR extra two players (4th and 5th round) to move down.

668132[/snapback]

Cleveland needs a nose tackle to anchor the 3-4, the Bills don't.

I really dont have any problem with Bunkley's "character" problems, as nod was saying, he stole a video game from a Wal-Mart 3 years ago but thats not going to make me get the vapors and start calling for the smelling salts.

I'm more concerned with how in every report I've read about them, all of them use the word "soft" when they describe him. Not very tough at all, and that scares the hell out of me. Also, the fact that he only was good for one season and before that he was just another backup DT in the FSU rotation. It makes me think he hyped up his game because he knew a big time NFL contract depended on it...and without that carrot dangling in front of him, he'll go back to just simply not producing. I'm very reluctant to give a big-time contract to someone who has only on year of solid play under his belt.

667631[/snapback]

[/quote

Ngata was only good for one year also.

The difference being he recognized he was missing out on a great opportunity and by recent ( meaning last year ) accounts he pulled himself up and not only had a very good year in football but also pulled his grades up dramatically. There is a difference between a barin dead slug acting in said fashion and a KID that looks at himself and says OH S$$t I better get my act together or its' Do you want FRies with that for me. I'll take the guy that falls down and gets back up over the one that never stumbles and never pushes himself evry time.

667646[/snapback]

Nice, couldnt agree more.

I don't know what he did at the combine, but his 1st Wonderlic was a 15, so if he scored a 31, he did it by studying for it before the combine.  I prefer a non "coached up" Wonderlic:

667666[/snapback]

365 cannot be his max on the bench, he did 225lbs 44 times. that is ridiculous.

Would we be drafting Bunkley to play QB, cure cancer, re-design the space shuttle . . . ?

If not, I am not particularly concerned whether he got a 15 or a 31. If we draft him, his job is going to be to shut down any player going through his gap and to get after the QB. I think the guy can handle that.

I really have no vested interest in whether we take him or someone else. I just want the Bills to take the best player available whenever we pick (whether that is at 8 or later).

I'm more concerned with how in every report I've read about them, all of them use the word "soft" when they describe him. Not very tough at all, and that scares the hell out of me. Also, the fact that he only was good for one season and before that he was just another backup DT in the FSU rotation. It makes me think he hyped up his game because he knew a big time NFL contract depended on it...and without that carrot dangling in front of him, he'll go back to just simply not producing. I'm very reluctant to give a big-time contract to someone who has only on year of solid play under his belt.

667631[/snapback]

[/quote

Ngata was only good for one year also.

669841[/snapback]

Thats why I dont want to see the Bills drafting EITHER of them.

That's a great point. Made me think of Vince Young showing up to the white house wearing jeans and a sweatshirt instead of a suit or at least a blazer. It's just not professional. Makes him look like a fool to me.

668143[/snapback]

Maybe he thought they meant he was going to go visit Reggie Bush at his White house that day so he wore his play clothes

He should know better, as an athlete they are told to dress a certain way when showing up to games and when at a football related event are expected to dress in a certain manner. I know in some of the Hockey leagues the little kids play in around here, they are already being taught to wear a shirt and tie to any away game they go to and are to be dress appropriately. i would assume things would be the same for a college QB at a big name school