Minnesota at Buffalo

Fezmid

Anyone watching the Bandits? How popular are they in Buffalo? I know they used to be relatively big when I was there (I was at the first ever Bandits game, against the New York Saints (now defunct) ).

First round of the playoffs are tomorrow, and the Swarm (in their 2nd year of existance) are the 4th seed and on the road against Buffalo. The Bandits had the best record in the league (tied with Portland at 11-5). Minnesota is 8-8.

To draw more interest, I'll provide these links:

http://www.mnswarm.com/PerformanceTeam2006.asp

I'd link to the Bandettes, but it apparantly requires registration. Go figure.

CW

Anyone watching the Bandits?  How popular are they in Buffalo? 

667574[/snapback]

I had no idea we still had a Lacrosse team until you posted this. Seriously.

For me to be interested in a team, I have to care if they win or lose. It's like the Bisons... I will go to a Bisons game simply to have a beer or two and sit in the sun. But I could care less if they lose.

Anyone watching the Bandits?  How popular are they in Buffalo?  I know they used to be relatively big when I was there (I was at the first ever Bandits game, against the New York Saints (now defunct) ).

First round of the playoffs are tomorrow, and the Swarm (in their 2nd year of existance) are the 4th seed and on the road against Buffalo.  The Bandits had the best record in the league (tied with Portland at 11-5).  Minnesota is 8-8.

To draw more interest, I'll provide these links:

http://www.mnswarm.com/PerformanceTeam2006.asp

I'd link to the Bandettes, but it apparantly requires registration.  Go figure.

CW

667574[/snapback]

No data on attendance. Since I moved to Rochester, I make it to about 1 Bandits game every 2-3 years in HSBC. Try to go to a game in Rochester as well, but didn't make it this year.

Bandits will crush your pathetic swarm. Bwah, ha, ha, ha, ha.

Bandits will crush your pathetic swarm. Bwah, ha, ha, ha, ha.

667611[/snapback]

Most likely... But I gotta root for the Swarm, since I have season tickets and all :lol:

Just checked attendance, and Buffalo does well. The smallest crowd I saw aws 10,400, and the largest was over 14,000.

Just checked attendance, and Buffalo does well.  The smallest crowd I saw aws 10,400, and the largest was over 14,000.

667614[/snapback]

Thats kinda surprising....I remember going to Bandits games when they first started, and the place was packed. However, I went to one 3 or 4 years ago, and there was hardly anyone there.

Good to see they are getting crowds there again though. I wonder if the Sabres' success has anything to do with that (getting people excited to go out to the arena)

Most likely...  But I gotta root for the Swarm, since I have season tickets and all :lol:

Just checked attendance, and Buffalo does well.  The smallest crowd I saw aws 10,400, and the largest was over 14,000.

667614[/snapback]

From what I understand you're a Buffalo native who moved away fairly recently. How can you root for the team of another city? I find that blasphemous.

It's one thing to root for them when they're playing non-Buffalo teams, but for crying out loud, it's like you've betrayed your roots when you root against a Buffalo team.

From what I understand you're a Buffalo native who moved away fairly recently.  How can you root for the team of another city?  I find that blasphemous.

It's one thing to root for them when they're playing non-Buffalo teams, but for crying out loud, it's like you've betrayed your roots when you root against a Buffalo team.

667693[/snapback]

I moved away nearly 13 years ago... :lol:

I root for the Bills/Sabres (especially when they play the Wild!), so I'm hardly a traitor or anything. :lol:

CW

I have been in Baltimore for quite a while. I didn't give a rat's ass when the Ravens won the Super Bowl. I don't follow the Orioles. Clapped one time I was at a game when Ripken had two home runs as his career was winding down.

If the Bandits were playing here in Baltimore, I would be rooting for the Bandits.

Bandits  eek out a 11-10 win over Swarm ...... Bandits will now play next week in eastern division final....  sorry Chris..

668338[/snapback]

Yeah, I saw that. They came from behind nicely - were down 8-4 at the half. Too little, too late.

CW

The Swarm actually came back from being down 10 - 5 and tied it with five straight goals, before the Bandits scored winner with three minutes remaining and then just hung on..

Yeah, I saw that.  They came from behind nicely - were down 8-4 at the half.  Too little, too late.

CW

668355[/snapback]