Michael Huff Career Highlight video

ofiba

Huff

Impressive video, but I couldn't help but notice he went pretty high on most of his tackles. It worked well most of the time, but I wonder how that kind of tackling translates to the pros. That being said, he certainly has a nose for the ball and some amazing closing speed.

Huff

Impressive video, but I couldn't help but notice he went pretty high on most of his tackles.  It worked well most of the time, but I wonder how that kind of tackling translates to the pros.  That being said, he certainly has a nose for the ball and some amazing closing speed.

667360[/snapback]

............. already posted lol like 2 months ago

Huff

Impressive video, but I couldn't help but notice he went pretty high on most of his tackles.  It worked well most of the time, but I wonder how that kind of tackling translates to the pros.  That being said, he certainly has a nose for the ball and some amazing closing speed.

667360[/snapback]

I agree. All but about 3 were high tackles. The 3(?) that weren't were all below the knee hits. Didn't see him do 1 decent hitting tackle.

It's hard to see that tackle style bringing down big strong Pro RBs or TEs.

Now I don't think I want us to draft him anymore.

......I wish people would stop posting about things being previously posted. If nobody is interested, it quickly drops.

Thanks for the link ofiba.

Look at the last play though. That's Dominique Byrd who is a late first early 2nd talent who is massive. Huff drags him down with one arm. He can play that way because he initially hits you hard and then takes you down with his amazing strength.

Who cares if it was posted before? And why is that funny?

Thanks for the link, i've never seen it before.

667381[/snapback]

it was funny because of the original poster's comment about huff's tackling, back when the other video was posted there was a huge controversy on the thread with people arguing for days about huff's tackling. I saw this post and chuckled because i was wondering if that argument would occur all over again. Nothing too serious so everyone needs to relax a bit.

He tackles like Troy Vincent.  Don't like him (I'm serious).

667426[/snapback]

While Troy is occasionally guilty of jumping on and going for a ride, the difference is that when Huff jumps on a guy he always gets his legs involved too and invariably the ballcarrier ends up on the ground in very short order. He's smart, understands angles, attacks the ball or the ballcarrier well and is going to be an impact pro imo.

But with Clements, McGee and Vincent already in the secondary, I don't think the Bills will want to overload one unit and will take a pass on him on draft day.

While Troy is occasionally guilty of jumping on and going for a ride, the difference is that when Huff jumps on a guy he always gets his legs involved too and invariably the ballcarrier ends up on the ground in very short order. He's smart, understands angles, attacks the ball or the ballcarrier well and is going to be an impact pro imo.

But with Clements, McGee and Vincent already in the secondary, I don't think the Bills will want to overload one unit and will take a pass on him on draft day.

667500[/snapback]

also the fact that huff gives way more with his game outside of tackling, unlike vincent. With huff, you can live with his poor form because he can change a came in an instant, vincent cant.

he does tackle high a lot but he was also chasing people down most of the time. He wraps up and brings people down and doesnt just try and knock them down. When he came up from the defensive backfield and hit the guy right on he did tackle low.

I dont think its anything that couldnt be corrected at the pro level if its a problem at all. The guy is always around the ball and has amazing closing speed, I just think 8 is way too high to take a safety

If Davis isnt there and it looks like he wont be the pick should be Ngata or Bunkley if they dont trade down