Overrated! Home theaters/sound systems

Beerball

Bunch of overpriced stevestojantty products that won't increase your quality of life. Have a consultant come to your home? Fergitaboutit. Might as well flush money down the toilet (not tennis balls though).

LA....come out come out wherever you are!

I'd still like to have one.  I used to love seeing the setup at Best Buy where they would play the scene from Jurassic Park where the T Rex confronts the people in the car.  That will be the first thing I watch when I can afford to get a home theater.

49380[/snapback]

When we got our sub-woofer, the first thing we did was throw JP in and FF to the footstep scene...when they hear it coming

Bunch of overpriced stevestojantty products that won't increase your quality of life.  Have a consultant come to your home?  Fergitaboutit.  Might as well flush money down the toilet (not tennis balls though).

LA....come out come out wherever you are!

49374[/snapback]

I agree back in December my grandfather died and left me his. It was only about 6 mos. old, anyway its set up in my living room and quite frankly I hardly notice it. I'd probably be just as happy with my old 27" t.v and the same old Kenwood I got back in college. On the other hand if I hadn't inherited this one I would probably be shopping them, and eventualy purchased one, which in hindsight would have been a waste of money. IMO

Over the course of a year or two I assembled my own, and I wont watch a DVD wqithout it. My family knows when I have the sub woofer cooking because they can 'feel' it in the garage when they come home.

When we got our sub-woofer, the first thing we did was throw JP in and FF to the footstep scene...when they hear it coming

49384[/snapback]

That's exactly the scene I was referring to. It was awesome to see that w/home theater. Like you, it will be the first DVD I watch once I get a home theater.