If DaBrick is there at #3, how much (if anything)

I would never trade multiple draft picks for an OL player. In fact, any OL player had better be pretty special for me to even consider taking him with a top-10 pick. Don't forget, playmakers win championships, while grunts like Da Brick merely support the playmakers. <_<

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With all due respect, this is simply not true imo. In fact, I would guess that OTs have a higher success rate in the early first round than any other position, except for perhaps Guards

Check out how many of the OGs drafted in the 1st round have made it to the superbowl/playoffs!  <_<

666097[/snapback]

Agreed(though I can't be bothered researching again)

It has only been the last few years that the busts have been common.

You wrote that just to get a response didn't you???

#4 1983 Chris Hinton 7 pro bowls

#2 1984 Dean Steinkuhler 5 pro bowls

#2 1995 Tony Boselli 5 pro bowls

#4 1996 Jonathan Ogden 9 pro bowls

#1 1997 Orlando Pace 7 pro bowls

666084[/snapback]

none - 2005

#2 2004 Robert Gallery (OAK)

#8 2003 Jordan Gross (Car)

#4 2002 Mike Williams (BUF)

#2 2001 Leonard Davis (ARZ)

#3 2000 Chris Samuels (WSH)

none 1999

#7 1998 Kyle Turley (NO)

#1 1997 Orlando Pace (STL)

#6 1997 Walter Jones (SEA)

#4 1996 Jonathan Ogden (BAL)

#2 1995 Tony Boselli (JAX)

none 1993 and 1994

#7 1992 Bob Whitfield (ATL)

none - 1991

#9 1990 Richmond Webb (MIA)

#2 1989 Tony Mandarich (GB)

# 4 1988 Paul Gruber (TB)

The rise of the passing game in the 1990s put a premium on OTs. I don't think O-linemen drafted prior to then were considered to be as worthy of premium picks as today.

The rise of the passing game in the 1990s put a premium on OTs.  I don't think O-linemen drafted prior to then were considered to be as worthy of premium picks as today.

666115[/snapback]

That being the case perhaps OTs outside the top 10 should also be considered when assessing their bustability. <_<

The rise of the passing game in the 1990s put a premium on OTs.  I don't think O-linemen drafted prior to then were considered to be as worthy of premium picks as today.

666115[/snapback]

Perhaps, but holding a block while bump 'n run DB's poked your receivers in the eyes while DL's head-slapped you until your ears bled, with your QB 100% fair game, wasn't exactly a stroll in the park. <_<

My preference would be to trade away Nate Clements plus our first for their first.  It's not clear how much longer the Bills can hold onto him anyway, so we may as well extract the trade value.  Besides, this team could use a franchise LT such as Ferguson.

666045[/snapback]

I fail to see the value in your proposal.

I would not trade up to get him.  I don't think he's a "can't miss" like Boselli, Ogden, or Pace.  If he were, he wouldn't get past the Texans.

666178[/snapback]

but the texans are looking for a running back and seem to have addressed their OL as well so dont see them needing Dbrick that bad to make him number 1. I have seen mock drafts showing him dropping to 8th anyways so why trade to get someone ya will end up with anyways??? Now trading Nate for a first round pick from some other team wouldnt be so bad but than wed have to use it for a cover corner since our secondary is still exposed from my view.

That being the case perhaps OTs outside the top 10 should also be considered when assessing their bustability.  <_<

666141[/snapback]

#13 2005 Jamal Brown (NO)

#19 2005 Alex Barron (STL)

#19 2004 Vernon Carry (MIA)

none - 2003

#7 2002 Bryant McKinney (MIN)

#10 2002 Levi Jones (CIN)

#14 2001 Kenyatta Walker (TB)

#18 2001 Jeff Backus (DET)

#20 2000 Stocker McDougal (DET)

#14 1999 John Tait (KC)

#19 1999 Luke Petitgout (NYG)

#21 1999 L.J. Shelton (ARZ)

#11 1998 Tra Thomas (PHI)

#19 1997 Tarik Glenn (IND)

#10 1996 Willie Anderson (CIN)

none - 1995

#14 1994 Bernard Williams (PHI)

#15 1994 Wayne Gandy (LA Rams)

#16 1994 Aaron Taylor (GB)

#19 1994 Todd Steuesie (TB)

#8 1993 Willie Roaf (NO)

#9 1993 Lincoln Kennedy (ATL)

#13 1993 Brad Hopkins (HOU)

#18 1993 Ernest Dye (ARZ)

#10 1992 Ray Roberts (SEA)

#11 1992 Leon Searcy (PGH)

#7 1991 Charles McRae (TB)

#8 1991 Antone Davis (PHI)

#11 1991 Pat Harlow (NE)

but the texans are looking for a running back and seem to have addressed their OL as well so dont see them needing Dbrick that bad to make him number 1.  I have seen mock drafts showing him dropping to 8th anyways so why trade to get someone ya will end up with anyways???  Now trading Nate for a first round pick from some other team wouldnt be so bad but than wed have to use it for a cover corner since our secondary is still exposed from my view.

666182[/snapback]

IMO, the Texans don't need a RB with Dom Davis aboard. They should move to the 4 hole and draft D'Brick. Bush is terriffic, just not what the Texans need.

IMO, the Texans don't need a RB with Dom Davis aboard. They should move to the 4 hole and draft D'Brick. Bush is terriffic, just not what the Texans need.

666195[/snapback]

Hasn't Davis been in and out of their lineup because of injuries?

I don't know how HOU's gate is, but I'd think they would make a nice bundle selling trinkets if they picked Bush.

but the texans are looking for a running back and seem to have addressed their OL as well so dont see them needing Dbrick that bad to make him number 1.   I have seen mock drafts showing him dropping to 8th anyways so why trade to get someone ya will end up with anyways???   Now trading Nate for a first round pick from some other team wouldnt be so bad but than wed have to use it for a cover corner since our secondary is still exposed from my view.

666182[/snapback]

I've only seen one offensive line signing for the Texans - so saying they've addressed their problem is premature.

The only reason they aren't picking Ferguson is he's not in the same class as the guys I mentioned in my earlier post. It's a hell of alot tougher to find a franchise LT than it is a running back. While Bush is a spectacular athlete, it remains to be seen if he's durable enough to withstand the punishment he's going to endure in the NFL. He wouldn't be my choice, were I the Texans.

Our team has too many needs to give up high percentage chances on players. Few teams hit on all their early round draft picks, so giving any of them up on a player who isn't a guaranteed NFL star would not be wise and would reduce our chances of finding any difference makers this season.

I've only seen one offensive line signing for the Texans - so saying they've addressed their problem is premature.

The only reason they aren't picking Ferguson is he's not in the same class as the guys I mentioned in my earlier post.  It's a hell of alot tougher to find a franchise LT than it is a running back.  While Bush is a spectacular athlete, it remains to be seen if he's durable enough to withstand the punishment he's going to endure in the NFL.  He wouldn't be my choice, where I the Texans.

Our team has too many needs to give up high percentage chances on players.  Few teams hit on all their early round draft picks, so giving any of them up on a player who isn't a guaranteed NFL star would not be wise and would reduce our chances of finding any difference makers this season.

666227[/snapback]

I am not promoting trading nate just addressed one poster that implied it was a good trade from my view it isnt since as you state the draft is a crap shoot. I still am not sure who would be a sure shot at 8 I would have rathered traded 8th for denvers 2 first round picks but that cant happen now.