The "expert" mock drafter. Rick Gosselin

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, if we landed him, I'd be thrilled!  I don't know if it will turn out that way, but it sure would be nice if it did.

665998[/snapback]

Hey Rich - Rick is the 'expert" right? Might as well put this draft in the bank, huh? <_<

this guy has the Saints taking leinert. Also he has tennesee taking cutler. This wil never happen. However....I do see OAKLAND trading up for leinert at the 2 spot and tennesee taking young(this scenario may have d'brick falling a little but if young and leinert are gone by pick 4 then thats where d'brick goes).

I really think Oakland is going to steal leinert from the titans. Question is how many picks besides the 7 will they have to give up to get the 2 spot?

It's all a crap shoot, but Gosselin is very good. Somewhere on page 2 or 3 or...is a similar thread that includes a link 'ranking' the mocks. Gosselin came in first by virtue of having the highest percentage of his top 100 actually chosen in the top 100. The ranking didn't include getting the proper team, but I hope to heck that he's got this one right.

It's all a crap shoot, but Gosselin is very good.  Somewhere on page 2 or 3 or...is a similar thread that includes a link 'ranking' the mocks.  Gosselin came in first by virtue of having the highest percentage of his top 100 actually chosen in the top 100.  The ranking didn't include getting the proper team, but I hope to heck that he's got this one right.

666032[/snapback]

Beerball - that was the second link I provided.....I put it under "skill" (ha ha)

PIZ: I remember the Walker draft vividly - and I was irate. It worked out great though didn't it?

l

But, I almost always want the Bills to draft OT's. I still cry over the old days of the Bils having a great offensive line. Surprise surprise...it was wthe last time the Bills were any good.....

SO, in reply, I will cry my eyes out if D'Brick is there at 8 and we pass on him for ANYBODY ELSE

(except Mario Williams but...c'mon. Brick and Wiliams being available at 8???? <_< )

Houston could really make things interesting if they can't come to contract terms with Bush before the draft.

From a business standpoint, they really need to sign their guy or trade the pick. They don't want to be the team breaking new ground on rookie contracts under the new CBA.

Sounds great, but I really don't see the Saints using a top 5 pick on a QB - they simply would have too much money tied into that position after signing Brees. Unless they realize that Brees isn't going to be healthy and they need another top QB I just don't see them going for that position so early.

Sounds great, but I really don't see the Saints using a top 5 pick on a QB - they simply would have too much money tied into that position after signing Brees. Unless they realize that Brees isn't going to be healthy and they need another top QB I just don't see them going for that position so early.

666103[/snapback]

At the risk of being a bit facetious....

They won't pick a top QB....unless they do pick a top QB?

At the risk of being a bit facetious....

They won't pick a top QB....unless they do pick a top QB?

666111[/snapback]

????

I think they have their top guy in Brees, so they don't need a top QB this year UNLESS they realize Brees isn't healthy - that's the only way I see them picking QB with their first pick.

What would you do if he lasted until #8 and the Bills picked someone else?  I remember thinking we were going to get Kenyatta Walker, then we traded down and got Nate Clements.

666006[/snapback]

And that worked out poorly somehow?? <_<

????

I think they have their top guy in Brees, so they don't need a top QB this year UNLESS they realize Brees isn't healthy - that's the only way I see them picking QB with their first pick.

666117[/snapback]

That's exactly right....

They won't pick a top QB....unless they do pick a top QB <_<

Man, if we landed him, I'd be thrilled!  I don't know if it will turn out that way, but it sure would be nice if it did.

665998[/snapback]

For some reaosn, D'brick is the one top marquee player i see as a likely candidate to fall to the bills over any other of the top 5. hawk could fall, but i think the saints are going to find a way to get him. I see D'brick falling to us in this way...

Hou - bush (obviously)

NYJ (from NO) - leinart (they need some big name to get the fans pumped again, plus they can adress other needs at the #29)

Ten - young (who they want all along)

NO - Hawk

GB - Williams (they might take D'brick, but with williams slipping to 5, they cant pass on him)

SF - Davis

Oak - Huff

Buffalo - Ferguson...and all is well <_<

666103[/snapback]

Actually they dont have as much money tied up as it seems. Brees got a big contract, but essentially its a 1 year 10 million deal. after this upcoming season, they owe him a $12 mil roster bonus to keep him, or they can cut him free. So Brees is making 10 mil for a 1 year tryout for ther saints. But they are not as tied to him as it seems.