With the Denver/San Fran trading draft picks...

I fully expect San Fran to trade the #6 pick overall now that they secured a 1st rd pick from Denver. Owner John York is a cheapskate and hates to pay big $$$ to such early round selections. He agonized last year when it was time to cough up the ducketts to QB Alex Smith. Do you really think that he wants to pay 6th pick bucks to a TE? No, there need is in the secondary, linebackers, and yes, some offensive weapons. There is a good amount of quality DBs and LBs in this draft and while the TEs that are available in the 2nd and 3rd rds are not Vernon Davis' caliber, they are more than serviceable and come at a good value.

Look for the 49'ers to trade back and recoup their 2nd and 3rd rd picks with even better picks and save money as they do it. Could Minnesota be on the prowl? If not, you get the picture.

Players who could help fill their needs that would be available in the mid to late 1st rd and at a decent level in the 2nd rd would be good value players.

Mid 1st to early 2nd rd players.

LB Chad Greenway

WR Chad Jackson

WR Santonio Holmes

LB Bobby Carpenter

LB Ernie Sims

CB Tye Hill

TE Marcedes Lewis

S Darnell Bing

TE Leonard Pope

There is still alot more to mention but these players could all be solid selections for San Fran.

Denver was supposed to be the favorite to try and move up for Davis but now they just weaken their clout to get in such a position to draft him. This leads me to believe that whatever team were to trade for San Fran's #6 pick would be to get one of the highly touted QBs. That would leave Oakland at #7 and I don't see them taking a TE.

I think that if we stay with our pick we could select either Davis or S Michael Huff and they would be a good solid pick for us. Would this be satisfactory for our value?

I think that if we stay with our pick we could select either Davis or S Michael Huff and they would be a good solid pick for us. Would this be satisfactory for our value?

665770[/snapback]

No. Last year, people ran the ball down our throat and the QB's were running for their life or completing 6 inch passes.

I think SF could just stay where they are and they just want 2 guys that they think could start immediately for them. They have a lot of holes to fill.

As for Huuf and Davis, I read today that Oakland is really interested in Huff, but otherwise they are looking at Davis or Young

Bringing in Huff or Davis would be great pickups at #8 and worth the money of a #8 pick

A buddy of mine who is a 49ers fan, (yes, they seemingly still have a few) said this trade actually makes it a near sure thing that San Fran will draft Davis as they really need an offensive weapon and defensive help. He sees the 49ers taking Greenway or a d-back with the newly acquired pick.

A buddy of mine who is a 49ers fan, (yes, they seemingly still have a few) said this trade actually makes it a near sure thing that San Fran will draft Davis as they really need an offensive weapon and defensive help. He sees the 49ers taking Greenway or a d-back with the newly acquired pick.

665912[/snapback]

Makes sense to me. Davis gives Smith a target and Greenway replaces Peterson, provided he's there at #22.

Unfortunately I see this trade as lessening the chances that we see Davis at #8. ;)

With the Niners now having two 1strounders they have the wiggle room to use one of them as sort of a TE luxury pick. Or they now have the flexibility to deal away that early 1strounder to anybody else who wants to jump up and snag Davis in front of us and the Raiders.

We're fragged..... <_<

665912[/snapback]

But a buddy of mine, another 49ers fan, sees it differently. He thinks this is a sure sign the 49ers are going to trade out of #6. There was a rumor going around about Dallas wanting to trade up and get Huff last week so maybe Dallas trades up into #6, 49ers now have two first round picks and regain a 2nd & 3rd. And Davis is sitting there for Buffalo at #8. Of course it's all speculation at this point, but it's fun to wonder.

So what? We need more gimmick or skill players with the 8th pick of the 06 draft.

One can't argue with success.

665929[/snapback]

I agree, I hope we trade down and draft Sinorice Moss, guy's a deamon. (and I heard he doesn't mind snow, big plus there)

With the added pick, I don't know... maybe a good 3rd down RB would make sense IMO.