Anyone hear anything about Reyes?

Rubes

I know he was supposed to meet with the Lions after us, but it sounded like he was very pleased with his visit to Buffalo. I was hoping we would sign him. Even if he doesn't end up the starting LG he would be a heck of a backup.

To bad we couldn't sign this guard just before the draft. It would fill a big hole for us before the draft and we could focus our needs in other positions.

665737[/snapback]

We still definitely could. Apparently Peerless visited a good week and a half before he ended up signing, so it could be tomorrow when we hear that Reyes has signed.

We still definitely could.  Apparently Peerless visited a good week and a half before he ended up signing, so it could be tomorrow when we hear that Reyes has signed.

665811[/snapback]

I thought Peerless said he visited just after the Bills anounced the moulds trade?

Who knows, maybe he is in Buffalo right now working out the fine print of a deal?

I thought Peerless said he visited just after the Bills anounced the moulds trade?

Who knows, maybe he is in Buffalo right now working out the fine print of a deal?

665832[/snapback]

According to this, he signed after visiting Buffalo "last week" (of when the article was posted).

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3707

I really like what I've read and seen out of Reyes so I got my fingers crossed he's a Bill by the end of the week.

Reyes really isn't that good.  I would still take Davin Joseph or Charles Spencer over him in a heartbeat.

665839[/snapback]

I would take one of them regardless of whether we sign Reyes. Chances are Villarial won't start and finish all 16 games, so having three starter-quality guards puts us in a great position.

Reyes really isn't that good.  I would still take Davin Joseph or Charles Spencer over him in a heartbeat.

665839[/snapback]

And what if both are gone by our second rounder? Wouldnt you feel at least slightly more comfortable bringing Reyes in for, at the very least, depth purposes before the draft?

As the Draft starts getting closer and closer, I'm getting the sense there is going to be a run on the Guards in the early 2nd round with teams like the Texans, Titans and Packers picking them over before we even get a choice.

Lets face it, with whats left in FA we arent going to get the perfect player, they all have faults..but Reyes looks like he's got some valuable starting experience and has some talent...with the oodles of cap space we got, why not?

Theres an article ( http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/article...Reyes060420.php ) from the front page talking about Reyes and saying Buffalo should wait until after the draft to sign him. I would rather the Bills sign him now and have the insurance of having him and take some of the pressure off of needing to draft someone to play guard. This way if someone we want is there, you take him and don't have to rush him into a starting position. If you don't get him, you have to find someone to fill a spot and rush them into the starting job.

Well, I think that signing Reyes would only eliminate the need to draft a second guard in the later rounds of the draft. Drafting a guard in the second round is almost a no-brainer, imo, and Reyes doesn't change that because he's quite ordinary and doesn't runblock well. Reyes is worth a sixth rounder to me.

Theres an article ( http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/article...Reyes060420.php ) from the front page talking about Reyes and saying Buffalo should wait until after the draft to sign him. I would rather the Bills sign him now and have the insurance of having him and take some of the pressure off of needing to draft someone to play guard. This way if someone we want is there, you take him and don't have to rush him into a starting position. If you don't get him, you have to find someone to fill a spot and rush them into the starting job.

666095[/snapback]

Strange how that article happened to appear today...Ozymandius? Are you really Connor Byrne?

http://buffalobills.com/blog/?blogger_id=1

REYES STILL ON RADAR: The Bills have kept in contact with the representatives of Carolina free agent guard Tutan Reyes, but nothing appears to be imminent. Reyes visited with the Lions after touring Buffalo's facilities, but remains unsigned.

The interest in Jonathan Wells doesn't appear to be significant. There has been no contact with his agent since his visit to One Bills Drive. For Wells the situation here wouldn't be much different than it was for him in Houston aside from the fact that the Bills would let him play tailback instead of fullback.