The Bill will need at least 3 starters

Will Marv build a champion level team or go for immediate needs.

Version 1 AKA plug holes

A DT - most likely our first selection in the draft

an OT or OG - Second round selection

and a Safety... That is just to have a chance of going 7 - 9 for the season

If we are willing ot have a 4- 12 season and build for the future

We should draft

V Davis or Huff in the first round

followed by an OT then a G and then a DT

I will be curious to see how marv will run this draft. Will he look building a championsip team in 4 years or a competitive team that might win 9 games in 2007

Will Marv build a champion level team or go for immediate needs.

Version 1 AKA plug holes

If we are willing ot have a 4- 12 season and build for the future

We should draft

V Davis or Huff in the first round

followed by an OT then a G and then a DT

I will be curious to see how marv will run this draft.  Will he look building a championsip team in 4 years or a competitive team that might win 9 games in 2007

665679[/snapback]

Huff might not even make it to #8, I just read today that the Raiders are really interested in him (especially if SF takes Davis and someone else takes Young)

Trade down and we can get threse three in the first two rounds.

665700[/snapback]

I agree. This years draft seems tailor made for our needs. I'd love to trade down our first for a mid to late 1st and a couple of other day 1 picks.

I can't see Huff. IF the DL doesn't improve run and pass pressure, he'll be another one running around to tackle a guy ten yards or more downfield.

If they are successful in trading down, DT Claude Wroten, and DE's Tamba Hali and Mathias Kiwanuka seem to be possibilities.

DT McCargo had the luxury of DE's Mario Williams and Manny Lawson on the line with him.

I'm not sold on Bunkley...from what I've read, he's not noted for run-stopping.

But I would like to see them spend the #8 on an OL if they remain at that position.

But I would like to see them spend the #8 on an OL if they remain at that position.

665707[/snapback]

I'd like to see them try to move down 2-4 spots and pick up Justice. If they can't find a trade partner then just use the 8th pick on Justice. Then I’d like to see them pick up Deuce Lutui with the second round pick.

The more I think about it the more it pisses me off that they cut Fat Sam. He wasn't a world-beater but he was serviceable. By cutting him it created a huge hole that has yet to be filled. This draft is deep at the DT position though and I see no reason to use the top pick on a DT.

I'd like to see them try to move down 2-4 spots and pick up Justice.  If they can't find a trade partner then just use the 8th pick on Justice.  Then I’d like to see them pick up Deuce Lutui with the second round pick.

The more I think about it the more it pisses me off that they cut Fat Sam.  He wasn't a world-beater but he was serviceable.  By cutting him it created a huge hole that has yet to be filled.  This draft is deep at the DT position though and I see no reason to use the top pick on a DT.

665717[/snapback]

G Mark Setterstrom from Minnesota deserves some interest.

G Mark Setterstrom from Minnesota deserves some interest.

665718[/snapback]

The 4 Guards I hope they're targeting are Lutui,Spencer, Jean-Gilles and Joseph, since all can start immediately. Round 2 targets.

Setterstrom is a Day 2 project.

The 4 Guards I hope they're targeting are Lutui,Spencer, Jean-Gilles and Joseph, since all can start immediately. Round 2 targets.

Setterstrom is a Day 2 project.

665719[/snapback]

Perhaps, perhaps not. From what I've read, and the little I've seen of him, he is a good pulling guard and brings his play downfield. I didn't advocate taking him in the 1st round, but I'm not sure he will be there in day 2.

Version 1 AKA plug holes

665679[/snapback]

i dont think we absolutely need a lineman to start, i think gandy, preston, fowler, villareal, peters isnt that bad

i mean i would love a lineman to come in and replace someone, but i dont think its a bigger need than DT or Safety.

This team needs offensive lineman, the only ones we have had the past decade have just been offensive. I feel that we have the best offensive line coach in the league and he cant make these guys competent. Justice at 8 (or D'Brick if hes there) or trade down. If we dont take Justice he will be gone shortly after us, I dont care if people think he is not worth an 8 spot if he is a good tackle for the next ten years I dont care if you trade up to a top five slot to get him. In round two get his teamate Lutui if he is still there. I dont care if we pick O-Linemen the entire draft, we aren't winning the SB this year anyway, fix a problem that has been a problem since Ritcher,Wolford,Ballard,Hull, and Devlin have left. Please for the love of God I cant take another year of our QB getting sacked as soon as he gets the ball.

In the way he stated that I can't say I disagree.  If he said it the way you pasted it well then I'd blink at it too, but dt is a bigger need and it's arguable about safety, but our dline has no one outside of schobel, and maybe triplett.

665767[/snapback]

As long as this team thinks this is a rebuilding year (which it obviously is to me) then I'd put a priority on young OL in the early rounds (as long as there are value picks available when the Bills select) and worry about DT later in day 1. If the DT doesn't pan out it'll be easier to find a DT next offseason than it will quality OL help.

The bottom line is the Bills OLine is horrid. There's not a single guy on it that would be a starter on any of the better OLines in the league.

im not saying we dont need offensive lineman, i hope we can get 2 on just the first day, i mean that for starters, i think we need a DT and possibly a Safety starter before a lineman starter, but we definitely need lineman bad.