Ever wonder why

think it's necessary to sign their name after every post. Anyone else ever wonder this? We know who you are if you post, so why do some people find that they have to sign thier screen name if it's already apparent in the top left corner? Can someone explain?

think it's necessary to sign their name after every post.  Anyone else ever wonder this?  We know who you are if you post, so why do some people find that they have to sign thier screen name if it's already apparent in the top left corner?  Can someone explain?

664817[/snapback]

I believe it is an attempt to further call attention to themselves

cya

Beerball

think it's necessary to sign their name after every post.  Anyone else ever wonder this?  We know who you are if you post, so why do some people find that they have to sign thier screen name if it's already apparent in the top left corner?  Can someone explain?

664817[/snapback]

I don't feel its necessary to sign my name after every post.

~Bluefire

probably because people are used to writing letters, memos, e-mails etc.. and it just becomes habit

poojer

664817[/snapback]

664817[/snapback]

I have no clue why some people choose to do that, it really is unnecessary.

-Ramius

I have no clue why some people choose to do that, it really is unnecessary.

-Ramius

664850[/snapback]

I know it's not like we don't see their names when they're quoted or at the left hand side of the post. The nerve of the narcissists on this board.

THE JOKEMAN

664817[/snapback]

Very few do that. What makes you think it's chronic?

I do it on certain occasions - as a sign of sincerity in an apology to a poster who I have wronged, or as an emphasis in response to a particular poster who expressed a remarkable, noble, thought.

664817[/snapback]

It's just something to do.

Sincerely,

- Mile High.

664817[/snapback]

If you find out let me know. Probably an attention grabbing ploy similar to titling a post with a half posed question so someone has to open it to know it wasn't worth opening.

Maybe you should email Andy Rooney. <_<

PromoTheRobot is the only one i know who does it, and I've let it stop bothering me.

664886[/snapback]

I frequently sign my initials, but as was pionted out, it's a habit becuse that's how I sign emails. I'm kinda shocked that anyone would find that worthy of a topic, but then again, I guess this is TSW... :lol:

<_< CW ;)

I frequently sign my initials, but as was pionted out, it's a habit becuse that's how I sign emails.  I'm kinda shocked that anyone would find that worthy of a topic, but then again, I guess this is TSW... :lol:

<_< CW ;)

664908[/snapback]

You sign your posts with your real initials, like you probably do in emails. I have a tough time thinking PTR signs his daily emails with his tbd handle initials.

You sign your posts with your real initials, like you probably do in emails. I have a tough time thinking PTR signs his daily emails with his tbd handle initials.

664911[/snapback]

Yeah, that's true. <_<