Virtual GM: You own the 1st overall pick

If you were a GM this year and had the 1st pick, just based on the PLAYER's potential and nothing else, who do you pick?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. If you were a GM this year and had the 1st pick, just based on the PLAYER's potential and nothing else, who do you pick?

• Reggie Bush
    • Mario Williams
    • D'Brickshaw Ferguson

Forget who the Texans or whomever takes the pick has...just based on the PLAYER's potential and what he can do for a football team, who would you take if you could?

Reggie Bush- Potential franchise RB who can totally change the game everytime he touches the football

Mario Williams- Potential franchise DE who will command double teams and who might be the next Peppers or Bruce

D'Brickshaw Ferguson- Potential franchise tackle who can anchor a line for 10+ years

I'm leaving this poll with these 3 guys because IMO these 3 are the most likely to go #1 overall...which guy in your opinion gives you the best chance to get your franchise pointing in the right direction and ultimately be a Super Bowl contender/champion??

Mario, for sure.  If DaBrick could dominate in the running, I'd choose him.

664024[/snapback]

I'm thinking Mario too. Mario can make your secondary better, the rest of the d-line better....Id rather start with defense...SO hard to find ELITE pass rushers....you can get quality backs a lot of different ways.

if i was the GM of the texans, i would be set on Bush, but i would keep my options open for a trade. i would not trade out of the top 5. i would demand their 1st, 3rd and 5th rounders this year and their 1st rounder next year.

:w00t:  <_<  <_<

I wouldn't think so.  BF was fractured, but wasn't a pedant, save asking time and again if he was truly liked.

I did like BF, however, and told him so several times. <_<

664464[/snapback]

His love of Vince Young I thought was comparable to BF's love of the Cardinals.

The initials just helped my case. Rettatta anyone? <_<

His love of Vince Young I thought was comparable to BF's love of the Cardinals.

The initials just helped my case. Rettatta anyone? <_<

664498[/snapback]

And a good case it was!

I remember your role in the BF incident. Weren't you were the one, when BF said how would anyone like it if he singled some out and pecked away at him incessantly, raised your hand to volunteer?

If memory serves, you said something like "Pick Me! Pick ME! I can take it! Pick MEEEE!"

<_<<_<<_< - too funny! :w00t: