Bush, Polls and local elections

OK, OK I know President Bush's numbers are down, make that way down, the popularity of the republican controlled congress is really low too. So the pundits keep talking ablout how this years elections may very well see both houses change hands. Blah, Blah......

So now that I've summed that up what still bothers me, is that, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER do "we" talk about specific polls impacting individual senators and house members. For instance, I like many of you, am very frustrated with congress, the members piss me off, but to honest with you, I really like my rep and I like both my senators. Is it likely that I would vote against my "local" guy? No it is not! Would I, if I could vote against your local guy??? Sure as hell I would! So you see as much as "we" hate congress, we really don't hate our guy/girl who represents us.

Just something to think about.

its been that way for a long time, even back when the Democrats held Congress.  Americans tend to have a low opinion of Congress in general but a high opinion of their own representative

663946[/snapback]

True.