ngata or bunkley - who would you rather have?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wroten.

663670[/snapback]

I agree with you in that the more draft "research" i do, the more i think we pass on a DT in round 1, as there is tremendous talent at the position in this draft. Say yes to huff or davis.

Thanks for the links. Ngata keeps sounding more and more like sam adams jr. not a good sign.

663669[/snapback]

this quote struck me:

'One of the things that is really impressive about Bunkley is that he plays with tremendous competitiveness and does whatever it takes to make the play, or to slow it up so that his teammates can make the play -- when you realize how many defensive tackles do not compete hard on every snap, it makes Bunkley stand out even more.'

I agree with you in that the more draft "research" i do, the more i think we pass on a DT in round 1, as there is tremendous talent at the position in this draft. Say yes to huff or davis.

663672[/snapback]

it just seems to me that a lot of sound teams - the ones who are usually good - really focus on d-line. denver didn't necessarily draft any last year, but they went and got former lottery picks who actually showed up last year. it put them over the top. NE always prioritizes d-line, and the jets, who have been pretty good on the whole over the past few years, have done likewise. philly drafted simon, mcdougal, and went and got kearse. tampa has always prioritized good d-linemen, and indy all of a sudden became a whole lot better once they added corey simon.

as you can probably tell, i'll be pretty disappointed if they don't repair their woeful d-line. they need a stud early.

this quote struck me:

'One of the things that is really impressive about Bunkley is that he plays with tremendous competitiveness and does whatever it takes to make the play, or to slow it up so that his teammates can make the play -- when you realize how many defensive tackles do not compete hard on every snap, it makes Bunkley stand out even more.'

663673[/snapback]

I've been labeled a bunkley homer since i'm a fellow 'nole, but what i noticed about him this season was how much of a disruptive force he is. What int seen in his stats is how many times he blew up a play and let one of our other defenders make the big play.

There was one play that stood out to me. Bunkley blew into the backfield, forced a bad pass that was picked and taken for 6. That wont show up on any stat line, but in all likelihood, the int and TD isnt made without bunkley crashing into the backfield.

If huff and davis are gone at 8 and we cant trade down, then i'd draft bunkley.

Ideally, some team swaps 1sts with us (and gives us a different pick), we swap and Ngata falls.  We take Ngata in the 10-15 range.

But that's an ideal world.

663702[/snapback]

No. If we are talking about your ideal world, and about drafting a DT in round 1, bunkley over the tub of goo from oregon, in a heartbeat.

Ngata over the tub of goo from Tallahassee!  :)

663720[/snapback]

a chiseled 300lbs is hardly a tub of goo. :D

Did you read the profile on Ngata? may have some weight problems and takes too many plays off. Sound like a player you want on the bills?

I know some fear Bunkley as a "late riser", meaning that his stock really didn't soar until the combine. However, his numbers last season sure look good to me. What is the knock on him other than that he had a knee injury 3 or 4 years ago?

663722[/snapback]

He's the squat bowling ball type of NT and relies on his quickness. A big and quick guard can swallow him up. For example, Penn St. was able to keep him neutralized in the Orange Bowl. He's a good player and has a high motor, but you have to understand some people just have a woody for him because he played for FSU.

a chiseled 300lbs is hardly a tub of goo. :D

Did you read the profile on Ngata? may have some weight problems and takes too many plays off. Sound like a player you want on the bills?

663732[/snapback]

I don't have to rely on what I've read about him. I've seen him play. :) I've also seen Bunkley.

Both are good players. But, honestly, I'm not sure either is a great pick at #8.

I don't have to rely on what I've read about him.  I've seen him play.  :)  I've also seen Bunkley.

Both are good players.  But, honestly, I'm not sure either is a great pick at #8.

663738[/snapback]

And some people have a wood over Ngata because "they've heard of him" and "he's big"

One point we can agree upon tho is that they arent worth the #8 pick. Huff or davis would be a much better choice.

This is going to be "Mike Williams vs. Bryant McKinnie" all over again.

663766[/snapback]

I know thats the debate a lot of people had but in this case I'd compare it to Vince Wilfork vs Tommie Harris in which case I'd choose Harris all over again. Bunkley just impresses me a lot more then ngata.