Must have got this from WKRP

millbank

I still remember the episode they did after the fans at The Who concert in Cincinnati crashed the gates, killing eleven.

663938[/snapback]

Wow, I remember that one too.....and the tornado one....scared the hell outta me!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still remember the episode they did after the fans at The Who concert in Cincinnati crashed the gates, killing eleven.

663938[/snapback]

This is the weirdest thing. That was the first episode I thought of when I saw this thread (besides the turkey one, of course)..........I had never seen that episode, and really haven't watched much TV since the 70s..............I was in the hospital after an industrial accident in '83 and it was the only time that I watched a lot of reruns..........So, the Who episode was just about to come on and I was really into it. I saw The Who the very next night at The Aud, and Time Mag took their cover story photos from my section in the golds.

So, anyway, a friend of mine comes in to visit me in the hospital, and I couldn't say "Hey, not now - I want to see this episode."...........So, I have never seen it and I was that close and that is probably the one show out of any show out there that I would want to see.

This is the weirdest thing.  That was the first episode I thought of when I saw this thread (besides the turkey one, of course)..........I had never seen that episode, and really haven't watched much TV since the 70s..............I was in the hospital after an industrial accident in '83 and it was the only time that I watched a lot of reruns..........So, the Who episode was just about to come on and I was really into it.  I saw The Who the very next night at The Aud, and Time Mag took their cover story photos from my section in the golds.

So, anyway, a friend of mine comes in to visit me in the hospital, and I couldn't say "Hey, not now - I want to see this episode."...........So, I have never seen it and I was that close and that is probably the one show out of any show out there that I would want to see.

664000[/snapback]

You should definitely look for the Thanksgiving Turkey Promotion episode. It featured Les Nessman giving a live report, and he completely imitates the dude who gave the radio report when the Hindenburg crashed. You can track down a WAV file of it. One of the funniest scenes on TV ever.

You should definitely look for the Thanksgiving Turkey Promotion episode. It featured Les Nessman giving a live report, and he completely imitates the dude who gave the radio report when the Hindenburg crashed. You can track down a WAV file of it. One of the funniest scenes on TV ever.

664044[/snapback]

Agreed, LA.

My top 10 TV shows ever:

1) The Simpsons

2) M*A*S*H

3) Get Smart

4) Beverly Hillbillies

5) WKRP

6) Six Million Dollar Man

7) Dick Van Dyke

8) Mary Tyler Moore

9) Happy Days (BEFORE Fonzie went water-skiing)

10) Magnum P.I.

Mike

Agreed, LA.

My top 10 TV shows ever:

1)  The Simpsons

2)  M*A*S*H

3)  Get Smart

4)  Beverly Hillbillies

5)  WKRP

6)  Six Million Dollar Man

7)  Dick Van Dyke

8)  Mary Tyler Moore

9)  Happy Days (BEFORE Fonzie went water-skiing)

10) Magnum P.I.

Mike

664057[/snapback]

1. Cheers

2. WKRP in Cincinnati

3. Soap

4. Taxi

5. The Dick Van Dyke Show

6. Married with Children

7. The Red Green Show

8. Sports Night

9. St. Elsewhere

10. M*A*S*H

Honorable Mentions:

Newhart, The Bob Newhart Show, Arrested Development, Hill Street Blues, Law and Order, Hogan's Heroes, The Kids in the Hall, News Radio, Police Squad, The Odd Couple, and the 1st 2 seasons of Northern Exposure (that show DEFINITELY jumped the shark).

1.  Cheers

2.  WKRP in Cincinnati

3.  Soap

4.  Taxi

5.  The Dick Van Dyke Show

6.  Married with Children

7.  The Red Green Show

8.  Sports Night

9.  St. Elsewhere

10. M*A*S*H

Honorable Mentions:

Newhart, The Bob Newhart Show, Arrested Development, Hill Street Blues, Law and Order, Hogan's Heroes, The Kids in the Hall, News Radio, Police Squad, The Odd Couple, and the 1st 2 seasons of Northern Exposure (that show DEFINITELY jumped the shark).

664068[/snapback]

Some really good ones in there...forgot all about "Soap".

I have "Sports Night" on DVD, and I wished that show lasted longer.

Hope you saw the "Red Green" finale; it was a good one!

Mike

Some really good ones in there...forgot all about "Soap".

I have "Sports Night" on DVD, and I wished that show lasted longer.

Hope you saw the "Red Green" finale; it was a good one!

Mike

664082[/snapback]

Haven't seen that, but I do have the movie "Duct Tape Forever" which is a true classic.

Can't believe I totally forgot to at least honorable mention The Twilight Zone and the original Star Trek. I'm sure I'll think of another 1 or 20 to add there as well. There have been some good shows through the years.

The finale of "The Red Green Show" aired on the PBS station here in Cleveland a week ago Sunday night.

I won't list any possible spoilers...learned my lesson with my Revenge of the Sith topic last year.

Interestingly, my only one with 100+ posts.

Mike

Most underrated sitcom of all time, IMO is Barney Miller.  Great show, great theme song.

664083[/snapback]

I inherited alot of episodes on tape from my Dad - I may have to pull some of those out one of these days...

Nova Scotia is very nice - I lived there for 6 years.  Never saw her there tho...

664041[/snapback]

It's beautiful. I visted Halifax 6 years in a row - vehicle corrosion surveys, when I worked in the auto manufacturing biz. Traveled the Maritimes, inspecting on-lot and customer's vehicles. Few in the States know that the sailing vessel on a Canadian dime is the Bluenose - it's replica, the Bluenose II, resides in the harbor.

Anecdote:

In my 3rd year at it, our team "leader" screwed over an owner of one of our vehicles. Canadian law at the time required that purchasers take their vehicle to a dealership for a yearly corrosion inspection.

My Fearless Leader insisted on overstaying our lunch at a restuarant, knowing that a guy would be waiting. When we arrived at the dealership, the owner - stiffed out of an hour, was understandably hot. Fearless Leader slinked away, so I went to the guy, apologized, and told him that I would work something out.

I went to the Manager, gave him my credit card, and asked him to charge $200 on it, and have someone type up a letter giving the fellow that amount as a service or parts credit.

I was of course reimbursed by my company. The guy wrote a nice letter to our company's President, who then wrote me a nice letter, and Fearless Leader was deposed and I was dubbed the replacement.

Good deeds pay off! :w00t:

Hilarious dialogue.

664283[/snapback]

Let me try another from memory.

[There is a heavy rainstorm outside and the squadroom is littered with catch-buckets collecting the rain leaking through the ceiling. Sgt Nick Yamana is using the rain water to make his notoriously bad coffee.]

Barney: Nick, you're using the rain water?

Nick: Sure. People love rain water. Some people wash their hair in it.

Barney: But it's coming through that ceiling. That moldy, termite-infested ceiling.

Nick: That will filter out the impurities.

Great show. Deitrich was one of my all-time favorites.

Let me try another from memory.

[There is a heavy rainstorm outside and the squadroom is littered with catch-buckets collecting the rain leaking through the ceiling.  Sgt Nick Yamana is using the rain water to make his notoriously bad coffee.]

Barney:  Nick, you're using the rain water?

Nick:  Sure.  People love rain water.  Some people wash their hair in it.

Barney:  But it's coming through that ceiling.  That moldy, termite-infested ceiling.

Nick:  That will filter out the impurities.

Great show.  Deitrich was one of my all-time favorites.

664310[/snapback]

I loved the episode when the guy who claimed he was from the future and upon noticing the nameplate on the desk, said "Are you THE Arthur Deitrich! Can I shake your hand, Sir!!!", or some such.

:w00t:

664044[/snapback]

This just in - the Pinedale shopping Mall has been bombed by live turkeys...

I was just remembering this episode on Sunday - we saw a turkey at the petting zoo and there was a sign talking about how wild turkeys can fly but domestic turkeys can not - instantly made me think of WKRP...

I loved the episode when the guy who claimed he was from the future and upon noticing the nameplate on the desk, said "Are you THE Arthur Deitrich! Can I shake your hand, Sir!!!", or some such.

664320[/snapback]

I remember that one. The future guy convinced Harris to invest in zinc, because the Canadian Gold Rush of 1988 would make gold prices plummet.

Good one.

I remember that one.  The future guy convinced Harris to invest in zinc, because the Canadian Gold Rush of 1988 would make gold prices plummet.

Good one.

664328[/snapback]

If re-runs of ALF show up, give them a try. Very wry and funny dialogue.

An example: Alf and Willy were traveling in the car. Willy had a runny, dripping nose, so Alf offered him a Melmackian inhaler that he said works well. Willy takes a deep, deep snort in each nostril, then remarks "Wow, that's great! What's in it!

Alf replies: Asbestos!