Must have got this from WKRP

millbank

COMSTOCK PARK, Mich. -- Two children were injured in a scramble to grab cash being dropped from a helicopter as part of a promotion after a minor league baseball game.

About $1,000 in cash was dropped Saturday from the helicopter over Fifth Third Ballpark's outfield as children lined the outfield fence.

After the cash was dropped, the children scrambled. A 7-year-old boy was trampled and taken to a hospital, while a 7-year-old girl got a bloody lip after being pushed onto the ground.

The boy, Tino Rodriquez, of Grant, suffered bruises to his chest and back, said his grandmother, Rita Rodriquez.

"Doctors said he got trampled pretty good," she said.

The cash drop took place after the West Michigan Whitecaps' 3-0 win over the Southwest Michigan Devil Rays. It was the first time the Class A affiliate of the Detroit Tigers had conducted such a promotion.

advertising

"It's for fun and games," spokeswoman Katie Kroft said. "This is why we have everybody sign a waiver."

Tino's grandfather, Ruben Rodriquez, said he was surprised that children as young as 5 were allowed to participate with others as old as 12.

"It was tiny kids against big kids," he said. "It's like playing football. You can't put a 12-year-old versus a 7-year-old."

Promotion

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love when WKRP gets props......one of the true great sitcoms......great writing, characters that you really enjoyed and cared about.....awesome show.

I love when WKRP gets props......one of the true great sitcoms......great writing, characters that you really enjoyed and cared about.....awesome show.

663232[/snapback]

I sort of used to care about Bailey...

I sort of used to care about Bailey...

663264[/snapback]

Yeah, I thought she was hotter than Loni.....and I think Les and Herb are one of the most underrated duos in the history of television.....some great, great stuff between those two.

Check out WKRP on jump the shark-its one of the few, the proud that never jumped as voted

http://www.jumptheshark.com/

663269[/snapback]

That's pretty cool....glad to see people can recognize greatness when they see it :angry: Also glad to see Larry Sanders on that list, another great show!

Yeah, I thought she was hotter than Loni.....and I think Les and Herb are one of the most underrated duos in the history of television.....some great, great stuff between those two.

663277[/snapback]

They definitely don't write them like they used to. Hence, my obnoxious TV comments. I don't think they ever made a bad episode.

They definitely don't write them like they used to. Hence, my obnoxious TV comments. I don't think they ever made a bad episode.

663301[/snapback]

Well, I think if I used WKRP as my standard and compared today's shows to its brilliance, I'd probably be making those kinds of comments, too. So I can totally understand why you feel as you do now that I have an idea of what you consider good television.

Do you know if WKRP is out on DVD at all? That might be reall neat to pick up if it is.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, we're literally 72 hours without power from all out anarchy.

As a parent, there's no way I'd let my kid in a contest like that.  Wrong message.

663306[/snapback]

So THAT'S why you live in Alaska..... :angry:

Well, I think if I used WKRP as my standard and compared today's shows to its brilliance, I'd probably be making those kinds of comments, too. So I can totally understand why you feel as you do now that I have an idea of what you consider good television.

Do you know if WKRP is out on DVD at all?  That might be reall neat to pick up if it is.

663311[/snapback]

I keep checking every 2-3 months, and as of the last time I checked it was not on DVD. Apparently the issue is the licensing fees for the music they played during the shows.

I keep checking every 2-3 months, and as of the last time I checked it was not on DVD.  Apparently the issue is the licensing fees for the music they played during the shows.

663393[/snapback]

wow, I hope they get that resolved.....I forget how many seasons it ran, but I'd love to have them on DVD

Don't you even think about saying or doing nasty things about/to Bailey.  I realize she was fictional, but she IS the perfect woman.

663392[/snapback]

Bailey lives in Nova Scotia with her kids, the ones she had with Mr. Barbara Streisand.

Going from memory here...

[Johnny is having problems using the tape splicing machine]

Baily: Here, let me do it. I did this at our college station.

Dr. Johnny Fever: Oh, a college girl.

Venus Flytrap: What are you talkin' 'bout? You never went to college.

Dr. Johnny Fever: I've been to college. I went through Princeton.

[Pause]

Dr. Johnny Fever: It was in a car.

[Pause]

Dr. Johnny Fever: A squad car.

[Pause]

Dr. Johnny Fever: Very educational.

:):P:D

Sign me up for those DVDs when available.