10 picks no trade downs

frogger

1-Brodrick Bunkley-not because I think he is better than Ngata, I think Green Bay will draft Ngata. Bunkley is the 2nd best, and Tripplett could play the nose and Bunkley the 3.

Starting Front 4 so far Denney-Tripplett-Bunkley-Schobel

2-Joseph Addai-I think he might be the most underrated player in the draft. We need a better back up to McGahee, He could also make as a great 3rd down back, he has very good hands (all LSU RBs do it seems) he is very sound at picking up the blitz, and he had the 2nd best 40 time at the combine amoung RBs. and at 5'11" 215, he is not a midget.

3a-Daryn colledge-since Marv and Dick have already figured Peters as a RT, Colledge is the only choice, I believe he is the 2nd best LT prospect in the draft, behind D'Brick and ahead of Eric Winston. I consider Justice a RT, who could be moved over to LT, but as it stands he'll start on the right side. I think that Colledge would be a steal in the 3rd. And if he struggles he can be moved to LG. reminds me of a more athletic Logan Mankiss (Mankins).

3b-Alan Zemitis-is falling for whatever reason, has great size for the cover 2, and could be moved to FS in the future, but as a rookie he could challenge Mcgee for duty and be a huge upgrade to Greer. Plus he is from Rochester.

4-Anthony smith-Safety from Syracuse. Not the greatest timed speed, but everytime I've seen him play he is around the ball, see the field maybe only 2nd to Huff. and will clean your clock. Potential to move him to FS once Vincent retires. could start at SS.

5-Brandon Marshall-a red zone target, I think young QBs struggle when they don't have large targets, Marshall has an TO type body, good hands and 4.5 speed

5b-fred Mutua-Left early from USC program, but has lots of that evil word, upside.

6-Scott Ware-safety from USC, the other one, 6'2 215, mostly for special teams but could challenge.

7a-Connor Hughes-Kicker from Virginia, might beat out Lindell, or just send him a message, % in college was 84, had a bad junior year or it would have been higher, has made 5- 50 yarders

7b ingle Martin-QB from powerhouse furman, strong arm, athletic, his potential is high, could one day be trade bait, after he spends some time in Europe.

we did not address LB, because I am hoping that Spikes and that Posey in his final year proves himself, or that one of the other LB beats him out.

Your priorities are kind of whack. A backup RB with our second rounder... lol. That's a draft pick where you expect to get a good starter, not a backup. If you want a backup RB, waste a late round pick. And I really really really don't think the Bills are going to draft a single WR this year. Even assuming they keep six wide receivers (Evans Davis Parrish Reed Price Smith), they'll still have to cut Aiken and George Wilson.

Bunkley at 8 is a reach, especially if you are putting Ngata in the top 7...someone is dropping who is better than Bunkley. I'm like Bunkley, and Justice even more, but both are a reach at 8.

A RB in the second round is silly. He would have to so clearly be the best player available by a long shot, and I don't see that happening. I'm a best player available guy above needs, but a RB or QB takes a little extra justification at this point, and really needs to be the best talent by a large margin to be justified.

-I think Addai could be a special player. And we can't kid ourselves, Mcgahee will not always be healthy and if he isn't we need a back up. Addai is the best none 1st rounder, that fits our 3rd down needs. Yes, it addresses a need. Shaud can not start and be productive, he lacks speed, he lacks the size to pick up a blitzing LB and his hands are less than good. Addai has great hands, can line up in the slot, is the best in this draft at picking up the blitz, has some size and has 4.4 speed. Ozymandius, your notion that you can waste a late round pick and get a good player is great, if you don't see a running back as a need maybe you don't remember Willis' history and what happens when he leaves the field. we tried that late rounder last year and it didn't work.

Addai is the best 3rd down back not named Bush.

-Bunkley, I am not the biggest bunkley fan, however i am also not the biggest Winston Justice fan. Bunkley has the ability to play the 3 tech, which is something we need, I have seen too many reports that we are targetting him to rule him out. And the title of the post had the words "no trade downs" in it. DT is a giant need. and I am hopefully that we can grab as many UDFA and get lucky with one.

-3 picks addressing the lines, I think Fowler is a keeper, CV is still worthy of starting and when he leaves maybe Anderson can move to RG. Peters is a keeper as well. That leaves LT and LG, I don't think Winston Justice can play LT, at least not at the beginning of his career. I think he'll be an outstanding RT, but the coaching staff feel that he Peters is the RT. Colledge is a tough, mean LT with good feet, and is strong, stronger than Justice. So that leaves LG, I can't see starting to rookies on the leftside, let me repeat that Two Rookies on the Leftside. Maybe gibson, maybe Gandy, Maybe Anderson, Maybe Preston. All have played guard, and could compete for those duties. I think that Oline positions will be addressed in Free agency next year. And on defense, we have a 3 man rotation at DE, and a 3 man rotation at DT. again I'd like to see more depth.

-Ozymandius, honestly. Price has 1 good eye. Parrish is 5'8" and can't get off the line. Evens is 5'10". Wilson...why even mention him. Davis has been a bust in the league and even NE couldn't make him better. jonathon Smith, fast freddie, the only person that he might be faster than on this team are the linemen, and not jason peters. And reed, who once again has been shot into the starting line up, where he proved he shouldn't be. So you don't see a reason to draft a 6'5 225 pound WR with good hands and 4.5 speed. We are going to have a very hard time finding someone to throw to. I mean lee is good, but he isn't a every down go to guy like Moulds was once. I am not saying Marshall is, but in the 5th tell me someone else who would be a great addition rather than just saying it was a bad pick. I can't wait to see you attempt at this, that is if you are willing, rather than just bashing others.

Love the Marshall pick--would even take him a round earlier. His nickname's becoming Baby T.O. (as if TO isn't a baby...) because of his size and body type.

Of all the RB's we could realistically get in the draft to back up Willis, Addai is the one. I don't mind using a 2nd on him as a very good OG is available at the 3A pick (Spencer, Allen, possibly Tatui whose stock is falling of late).

I also like the Daryn Colledge pick. I think he'll be the value OT pick of the draft, one who will realize his huge potential sooner than later.

I like the local pick Zemaitis. I wish I knew more about the Safety from Syracuse.

Strong Work!

Astro

There's just no way I can like your draft. I hope you don't take my criticisms of it personally, though, as we're just two Bills fans discussing football. First off, almost everyone I know is viewing this draft as the draft to rebuild our lines, which are critical to team success and need to be in place before the skill positions, and I think it is unacceptable to not spend at least 5 picks on the lines. At least. I mean, we have a terrible defensive line, and you use one pick to address it. None of our Dlinemen even fit the Cover 2 except for Tripplett and Schobel.

Addressing you point by point, I again cannot fathom spending a second round pick on a backup. If you really want a third down back that bad, do you really think it's hard to find a scatback that can catch in the later rounds? Yes, if McGahee went down, it would hurt us, but exactly why are we worrying about backups and depth on the first day of the draft when we have crappy starters on the lines? Addai is a luxury, not a necessity, and we'll just have to agree to disagree because I find it to be a ridiculous pick.

Bunkley is just a reach at #8, period. He has a long injury history, a criminal history, and no production before his senior year. Those are three huge strikes. In fact, just the injury history to me makes him undraftable in the first round. I view drafting like I do investment and Bunkley is just too huge a risk to take. Even if you stay put at #8 instead of trading down, you should project a player who is far less risky such as Hawk/Davis/Huff. If Ngata goes to the Packers like you projected, one of these three will almost certainly be available.

I love Daryn Colledge. There's also a 2% chance he'll be there in the third round. But at least that pick was addressing the lines.

See, I have nothing against most of the players you have selected, except maybe Bunkley. I do have a problem with not addressing needs adequately, or not projecting picks in the context of the roster. Exactly who is going to get cut for Brandon Marshall, a raw 5th round talent? Look at the contracts that we gave to Reed, Davis, and Price--do you really think the braintrust expects any of those guys to not be on the roster? Evans for sure isn't getting cut. Parrish was just a rookie last year and has upside. Do you really think the Bills are looking for more WR talent? Again, I can't fathom how you expect a raw 5th round talent with no experience to make the roster over former 1st and 2nd rounders with experience. Brandon Marshall is just another guy. Every year there is some big receiver from some small school who runs fast that draftniks fall in love with, and then they end up doing nothing. Terrell Owens is only happening once and even he was a third rounder. Did I mention that Marshall is raw? He's had one season starting at WR full-time. That means it'll take at least three years to develop him. Look at how long it took Jerry Porter, and he was a first round talent. Marshall is just another guy. Since you asked, I'd take whoever the best Dlineman is available at that point over Marshall.

1-Brodrick Bunkley-not because I think he is better than Ngata, I think Green Bay will draft Ngata.  Bunkley is the 2nd best, and Tripplett could play the nose and Bunkley the 3.

Starting Front 4 so far Denney-Tripplett-Bunkley-Schobel

2-Joseph Addai-I think he might be the most underrated player in the draft.  We need a better back up to McGahee, He could also make as a great 3rd down back, he has very good hands (all LSU RBs do it seems) he is very sound at picking up the blitz, and he had the 2nd best 40 time at the combine amoung RBs.  and at 5'11" 215, he is not a midget.

3a-Daryn colledge-since Marv and Dick have already figured Peters as a RT, Colledge is the only choice, I believe he is the 2nd best LT prospect in the draft, behind D'Brick and ahead of Eric Winston.  I consider Justice a RT, who could be moved over to LT, but as it stands he'll start on the right side.  I think that Colledge would be a steal in the 3rd.  And if he struggles he can be moved to LG.  reminds me of a more athletic Logan Mankiss (Mankins).

3b-Alan Zemitis-is falling for whatever reason, has great size for the cover 2, and could be moved to FS in the future, but as a rookie he could challenge Mcgee for duty and be a huge upgrade to Greer.  Plus he is from Rochester.

4-Anthony smith-Safety from Syracuse.  Not the greatest timed speed, but everytime I've seen him play he is around the ball, see the field maybe only 2nd to Huff.  and will clean your clock.  Potential to move him to FS once Vincent retires.  could start at SS.

5-Brandon Marshall-a red zone target, I think young QBs struggle when they don't have large targets, Marshall has an TO type body,  good hands and 4.5 speed

5b-fred Mutua-Left early from USC program, but has lots of that evil word, upside.

6-Scott Ware-safety from USC, the other one, 6'2 215, mostly for special teams but could challenge.

7a-Connor Hughes-Kicker from Virginia, might beat out Lindell, or just send him a message, % in college was 84, had a bad junior year or it would have been higher, has made 5- 50 yarders

7b ingle Martin-QB from powerhouse furman, strong arm, athletic, his potential is high, could one day be trade bait, after he spends some time in Europe.

we did not address LB, because I am hoping that Spikes and that Posey in his final year proves himself, or that one of the other LB beats him out.

662894[/snapback]

If you are saying that Green Bay will draft Ngata, where will AJ Hawk go? If he's there I don't understand how we could pass on a player of that caliber. Another Chris Spielman on our team would be awesome.