I'll be damned if I'm going through this again...

I have no idea what will happen to the Buffalo Bills...eventually. But I already went through this once before, and I'm not going through it again.

At least I don't have to worry about my formerly (and from hereon in, currently) beloved Browns moving. You will still see me here occasionally, and especially on the baseball board, but I am now wondering if the NFL really wants Buffalo around.

Here are the facts:

-- the Bills have failed to sell out only two of their last 24 home games.

-- the Bills continue to average over 68,000 fans per game the past three years.

-- the Bills have an owner who is now no longer promising to keep the team in WNY.

-- the rest of the NFL has owners who don't really give a rat's rump about the smaller-market franchises. This doesn't bode well for Buffalo, Jacksonville, and even Cincinnati (Green Bay excepted).

-- the other NFL owners worship at the altar of greed and Squeezing The Last Remaining Dollar.

-- no wonder I like baseball and golf better.

-- I already posted something similar to this topic back in December. I still feel the same way. In no way am I leaving this board.

So, I will be around here from time to time. And should, God forbid, what Gleason calls "the inevitable" happen, I will be here to help commisserate.

But it hurt too much the first time. I can't subject myself to that again.

Mike

So are you damned or not?

It sounded like me that you just went through this again in spite of you saying you wouldn't.

Have faith. You'll be dissappointed, but at least you'll have faith.

That's a lot more than the soul-less mega-profit driven owners will ever have.

So are you damned or not?

It sounded like me that you just went through this again in spite of you saying you wouldn't.

Have faith. You'll be dissappointed, but at least you'll have faith.

That's a lot more than the soul-less mega-profit driven owners will ever have.

662695[/snapback]

Hmmm...interesting point about whether or not I went through this again.

I'm still a Bills fan, but from now on they are second to the Browns.

There, I said it.

And it's important to have faith, you're right. I don't think a Bills move is inevitable, and I've said as much here the last couple of years, but I need to prepare myself in case it does happen.

Mike

There, I said it.

And it's important to have faith, you're right.  I don't think a Bills move is inevitable, and I've said as much here the last couple of years, but I need to prepare myself in case it does happen.

Mike

662711[/snapback]

Well, good luck with your new old team.

If it's a race to the SuperBowl, I'd say we're about even.

If it's a race out of town, then The Bills are ahead by a mile. :huh:

There, I said it.

And it's important to have faith, you're right.  I don't think a Bills move is inevitable, and I've said as much here the last couple of years, but I need to prepare myself in case it does happen.

Mike

662711[/snapback]

If its Brown, flush it down...I'll be with this team til they play their last game, then I'll have to cheer on the Bengals to destroy your Brown-stains. :huh:

If its Brown, flush it down...I'll be with this team til they play their last game, then I'll have to cheer on the Bengals to destroy your Brown-stains.  :D

662765[/snapback]

Ooh Kay then...like I haven't heard that one before. :)

If you need me, I'll probably be here. I post as "brownstownmike".

Plus, they have a NASCAR forum.

Mike

I'm sure we'll hear from you when the Browns finish last in their division again and the Bills have a decent season.

663822[/snapback]

Oh, well. I liked you until about right now. :)

Mike

I have signed the "Save Our Bills" petition. And you may notice that I have been posting quite a bit around here lately.

I guess I just like this board too much. Plus, I like what was said earlier this week by Tags about keeping the team in Buffalo. It seems that Wilson is interested in protecting his investment (and yes, the franchise in Buffalo).

Should the team (heaven forbid) ever leave, you may miss it for a while. But, the time does fill itself on Sundays...you're not beholden to the NFL anymore in the fall. Unless you get another team.

That said, Bucky Gleason is an idiot. And what kind of grown man goes around with a name like "Bucky" anyway?

Go Bills!

Mike

I have no idea what will happen to the Buffalo Bills...eventually.  But I already went through this once before, and I'm not going through it again.

-- the rest of the NFL has owners who don't really give a rat's rump about the smaller-market franchises.  This doesn't bode well for Buffalo, Jacksonville, and even Cincinnati (Green Bay excepted).

662690[/snapback]

The interesting thing to me about your post is that you mentioned the problems of small market teams with Green Bay excepted. I think this is a totally legit distinction because I think the way the Packers are owned and managed is really the way the NFL should be done.

It will not be because the owners are rich boys who will demand their toys and in our society which runs on the Golden Rule (he who has the gold rules) it will be impossible to adopt this mechanism in a big way (even with fair market value being paid to an owner for this property and a Green Bay system put in place).

However, my real pipedream hope would be if Ralph in his final life stages really pushed to get his property sold to people in the is region in some form of the Green Bay system.

If this were done, the Bills would remain here as long as there was a here and an NFL and a smooth accountable professional management system could be developed that like the Pack proved it is even possible for this small market team to win an SB.

The NFL as an entity would certainly resist this type of maneuver, but actually between their anittrust vulnerabiity and a team owner having the right in our system to transfer his property in any legal method he chooses, I think we could beat the NFL on this front,

Even though such a transfer would result in Ralph's heirs inheriting large amounts of wealth just as they would if his estate was forced to sell the team on the open market and if they wanted a deal can even be reached to give his heirs ongoing management authority as part of the deal, I doubt he would do this as it really means facing his ultimate mortality which few of us humans are really able to do.