Buffalo may not have much going for it

They are just trying to get elected. I watched the news and they are all candidates for Governor of New York State. Any politician that wants to get elected will say anything to get a vote. They will promise you no taxes, legal pot, tons of jobs, lots of money, keep the Bills in Buffalo, free hookers- whatever and it's all just lies.

Speaking of politicians, at the Bisons opener tonight, the new Mayor was standing in front of the section I was sitting in talking, on his cell phone and everybody started yelling at him to get off the phone and sit down. I walked right by him and had no clue who it was. He had one security guy watching his back. I don't think anyone knew who he was.

When it comes to politics, I never vote by party. I am an independent, and rarely listen to the spin politicians throw out. However any politician that can create jobs, lower taxes and keep the Bills in Buffalo would get my vote.At the moment I dont believe any politician could do all three. So I will vote to for the next Gov. by who makes me believe he will not cater to NYC. Keep our upstate hope alive, as I am tired of all the states resources going to support a city that does not support me.

http://www.wgrz.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=37109

It may be mostly hot gas from politicians, but it seems many of them are stepping up for keeping the Bills in WNY.  Maybe all that graft and patronage is good for something!  :huh:

PTR

662563[/snapback]

Western New York's leaders are so imcompetent that I think they'll not only drive the Bills out of town but somehow get Erie County stuck paying to build the Bills a new stadium in Anaheim, CA.