The wife rented Brokeback Mountain

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys will let me know if I'm... well.... you know... different tomorrow, right? :rolleyes:

662461[/snapback]

Trust me....whatever you imagine the, uh, love scenes will be like, they are much, much worse.

My biggest issue with the flick was that, butt-!@#$ing aside, it just wasn't that good. I thought the flow, particularly toward the end, was absolutley horrible. The acting was very good, I'll give them that (a little TOO good, if you ask me).....but I just don't get what all the hype was about. Crash, on the other hand, I found absolutely riveting. It was a far superior film and much more worthy of the Oscar.

Trust me....whatever you imagine the, uh, love scenes will be like, they are much, much worse.

My biggest issue with the flick was that, butt-!@#$ing aside, it just wasn't that good. I thought the flow, particularly toward the end, was absolutley horrible. The acting was very good, I'll give them that (a little TOO good, if you ask me).....but I just don't get what all the hype was about. Crash, on the other hand, I found absolutely riveting. It was a far superior film and much more worthy of the Oscar.

662489[/snapback]

Crash definitely made me think more than this did. It was, however, completely contrived in the interactions of the many people.

Anne Hathaway had one impressive moment tho :rolleyes: .

Crash definitely made me think more than this did.  It was, however, completely contrived in the interactions of the many people.

Anne Hathaway had one impressive moment tho  :rolleyes: .

662560[/snapback]

Yes, she most certainly did.....I was shocked....in a good way :D I don't want to give too much away, but did you like the way they did the end of the film?? I just didn't understand that....you foreshadow something in the beginning, and then when you have the big event later on you just turn it into a phone call??? I thought they dropped the ball there....it could have been much more intense, IMO. There were opportunities there to really involve the audience into connection that the two main characters had with one another, and in all honesty I think it would have gone a long way toward the awkwardness of some of the 'love' scenes. I'm glad I saw it, but I don't think it belonged among the best picture nominees.

You guys will let me know if I'm... well.... you know... different tomorrow, right? :rolleyes:

662461[/snapback]

I got dragged to see Brokeback by my girlfriend and found that watching the love scenes was much like watching a horror movie--I couldn't bear to watch and turned away. I felt it dragged on at the end of the movie and became particularly boring but the acting was good. I almost broke up with the old lady though, after looking over at her during the movie to see her crying.

Last fall there was a preview and even here in the ultra-liberal SF Bay area, there were lots of ughs, yucks, and ewwws. I said then that the only men to see this would be gay or dragged to it by their wife/girlfriend ((p-whipped). :huh:

Last fall there was a preview and even here in the ultra-liberal SF Bay area, there were lots of ughs, yucks, and ewwws.  I said then that the only men to see this would be gay or dragged to it by their wife/girlfriend ((p-whipped). :huh:

662671[/snapback]

The wife wants to see it. I told her she better invite some friends over else she'll be watching it alone.

This flick has become one of those "I've seen it, aren't I enlightened?" fads...

The wife wants to see it. I told her she better invite some friends over else she'll be watching it alone.

This flick has become one of those "I've seen it, aren't I enlightened?" fads...

662679[/snapback]

Ruth wants to see it also, can I send her to your house?

662679[/snapback]

I feel fortunate. I asked my wife if she had any interest in Brokeback, and the response was something like: "I don't know, it seems really gay." I love my wife. :huh:

Does it have a happy ending? :huh:

662769[/snapback]

Too many of them.....I think what I found odd was the fact I had just seen "Jarhead" not long before I saw 'Brokeback'. Jake Gyllenhal went from being a marine looking for a kill, to Heath Ledger's little B word looking for a bone.

The summation of the career of Rob Johnson.

662948[/snapback]

:huh: RJ jokes are like Jell-O.....there's always room :huh: