The Improved play of Greer ?

Guest dog14787

I think there are a lot of corners in this league who are very adequate to very good #3 and #4 CBs on your team, and hence valuable players because of all the 3-4-5 WR sets you play against. Those same players may be crappy #1 or #2 CBs on your team because they simply are not talented enough in the run game or big enough to take the constant pounding or whatever. And I think Jabari Greer could be one of those players. He's decent enough and has potential to be very good as a nickel and dime back, so I am glad he's here. If Clements gets traded or goes down, I don't want Jabari Greer starting right now. But the answer to the question of the Bills releasing Thomas because of the improved play of Jabari Greer is still possible. I think Eric King will be our #3 and Jabari fight it out with the new guy Thomas as #4.

I think Eric King will be our #3 and Jabari fight it out with the new guy Thomas as #4.

662735[/snapback]

I can't see Marv sitting with 10 picks & not using at least 1 on a CB, especially with Fewell being a former DB coach. King or Greer may be #3 (probably King like you said), but I think a draft pick will be #4.

Not to nitpick, but the Bills' defensive scheme wasn't developed by either Tony Dungy or Monte Kiffin.  Tony Dungy learned the Cover 2 as a player on the Steel Curtain in the late '70s.  He continued to learn the scheme as a Steelers coach in the early '80s.  Bud Carson developed this defensive scheme.  Dungy has always given credit where credit is due, and has never tried to take credit for Bud Carson's work.

662718[/snapback]

No sh--. He didnt claim it was developed by them. Dungy and kiffin modified the steelers cover 2 into what is today's Tampa 2 defense.