The Improved play of Greer ?

Guest dog14787

Guest dog14787

:rolleyes:

The only thing good that could possibly happen with Greer is him going to another team. The Fish would be a great home for him. I addressed this once before and I'll say it again , the guy gets burned constantly. Look at film before you try to tell me we released Thomas because of Greer's improvment . :D

I don't expect much feedback, just venting :blink:

The only thing good that could possibly happen with Greer is him going to another team. The Fish would be a great home for him. I addressed this once before and I'll say it again , the guy gets burned constantly. Look at film before you try to tell me we released Thomas because of Greer's  improvment . :D

662387[/snapback]

Lets just see how he does this year before we jump to conclusions. I say he's a pretty good athlete but we should give him time.

Guest dog14787
Lets just see how he does this year before we jump to conclusions.  I say he's a pretty good athlete but we should give him time.

662389[/snapback]

I respect your opinion , but pretty good doesn't get it done. If we should lose someone else like Clements God forbid . We are toast. The fact that alot of people seem to think Greer can get it done is beyond me , because he never has. :D

I respect your opinion , but pretty good doesn't get it done. If we should lose someone else like Clements God forbid . We are toast. The fact that alot of people seem to think Greer can get it done is beyond me , because he never has. :blink:

662397[/snapback]

Clements has got to go. He sort of like, what TO was for the Eagles. Also WHO CARES if we are toast this year. It's safe to say that were not going to be good this year. This is a rebuilding year for us. :D

I respect your opinion , but pretty good doesn't get it done. If we should lose someone else like Clements God forbid . We are toast. The fact that alot of people seem to think Greer can get it done is beyond me , because he never has. :D

662397[/snapback]

Ahhh i see, lets run off on a rant because of 1 blown play against miami.

Did you ever consider that greer is a young corner who is only going into his 3rd season? Maybe, just maybe, as he plays mroe and gets older and mroe experienced, he'll get better.

But off with his head! If he hasnt developed by now, he never will! All all-pros develop into all-stars within their first 2 years.

Guest dog14787
Clements has got to go.  He sort of like, what TO was for the Eagles.  Also WHO CARES if we are toast this year.  It's safe to say that were not going to be good this year.  This is a rebuilding year for us. :rolleyes:

662400[/snapback]

You have a point about the rebuilding :blink: but comparing Clements to TO is a stretch. lol, :D

Guest dog14787
Ahhh i see, lets run off on a rant because of 1 blown play against miami.

Did you ever consider that greer is a young corner who is only going into his 3rd season? Maybe, just maybe, as he plays mroe and gets older and mroe experienced, he'll get better.

But off with his head! If he hasnt developed by now, he never will! All all-pros develop into all-stars within their first 2 years.

662401[/snapback]

How many big plays does he give up before people come to terms with it. You can cover or you can't , plain and simple.

:rolleyes: Off with his head I say!!!!!!!!

I think he's played fairly well,  to be honest.  He might not be good enough to be a #2 CB,  but as a 3rd,  he's not bad at all.  The Bills could certainly do worse.

662406[/snapback]

I would also add that the Bills defense will be playing more zone and less man coverage under the Cover-2 and this takes the pressure off DBs with suspect coverage skills.

The only thing good that could possibly happen with Greer is him going to another team. The Fish would be a great home for him. I addressed this once before and I'll say it again , the guy gets burned constantly. Look at film before you try to tell me we released Thomas because of Greer's  improvment . :D

662387[/snapback]

COULD NOT AGREE MORE. His missed tackles in the 4th quarter directly resulted in at least 2 losses last year. Maybe 3.

662387[/snapback]

You forgot to mention Eric King. This guy may be the real deal and will help us forget all about Nate next year.

662387[/snapback]

So you woke up this morning and decided to rant on Greer??? This is some off season.

Guest dog14787
So you woke up this morning and decided to rant on Greer???    This is some off season.

662528[/snapback]

I'll admit, I'm in a bad mood today but that has nothing to do with it! Greer's been a sore spot for the Bill's as long as I can remember. In Greer's defense...

THERE IS NONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Greer is the victim of a very poor defensive scheme, just like the rest of our defensive backfield. I can remember a ton of people ripping McGee after his first two seasons, saying similiar things to the negativity in this thread. He has progressed very nicely and the game has slowed down for him quite a bit.

Should we be successful in going to the Tampa Two, our corners are going to make ALOT more plays. We could have Willie Brown, Mike Haynes, Lester Hayes, and Rod Woodson in their prime and it wouldn't amount to a hill of beans if our Front Seven continues to get their collective asses handed to them.

Guest dog14787
Greer is the victim of a very poor defensive scheme, just like the rest of our defensive backfield.  I can remember a ton of people ripping McGee after his first two seasons, saying similiar things to the negativity in this thread.  He has progressed very nicely and the game has slowed down for him quite a bit.

Should we be successful in going to the Tampa Two, our corners are going to make ALOT more plays.  We could have Willie Brown, Mike Haynes, Lester Hayes, and Rod Woodson in their prime and it wouldn't amount to a hill of beans if our Front Seven continues to get their collective asses handed to them.

662579[/snapback]

Mcgee has been making big plays since he stepped onto the field, your comparison is off the map.

Did Mcgee make mistakes ? :rolleyes: Of course , but he made up for them 10 fold.

Greer is the victim of a very poor defensive scheme, just like the rest of our defensive backfield.  I can remember a ton of people ripping McGee after his first two seasons, saying similiar things to the negativity in this thread.  He has progressed very nicely and the game has slowed down for him quite a bit.

Should we be successful in going to the Tampa Two, our corners are going to make ALOT more plays.  We could have Willie Brown, Mike Haynes, Lester Hayes, and Rod Woodson in their prime and it wouldn't amount to a hill of beans if our Front Seven continues to get their collective asses handed to them.

662579[/snapback]

True. I can't help but think that the line will be improved over last year's debacle - which was exacerbated by TKO going down for virtually the whole year. Somehow I don't see them folding up like they did so craptacularly in 04.

Should we be successful in going to the Tampa Two,

662579[/snapback]

Not to nitpick, but the Bills' defensive scheme wasn't developed by either Tony Dungy or Monte Kiffin. Tony Dungy learned the Cover 2 as a player on the Steel Curtain in the late '70s. He continued to learn the scheme as a Steelers coach in the early '80s. Bud Carson developed this defensive scheme. Dungy has always given credit where credit is due, and has never tried to take credit for Bud Carson's work.