Get Drunk for Jesus

Chilly

Sort of on topic. Drove by one of the local Baptist churches that never fails to amuse with their catchy little signs. Up on the board and special for Easter:

"For all you do, His blood's for you."

I don't know if anybody here is familiar with B.Kliban, but he was a crude cartoonist doing weird stuff long before Gary Larson.  He made money doing his cat calender artwork, but his real genius was compiled in bizarre collections. 

Anyway, he had this one crude cartoon of a guy in a robe with his back turned to the viewer, taking a leak off the side of a cliff.  He titled it "Jesus turning water into urine."  Kind of fits into the whole "sacriledge" thing you're driving at.

The genius that puts together the Coldbacon site has put up a page of Kliban stuff hereThis guy has some links to his cartoons, too.

B.Kliban is not for everyone.  Many of his cartoons won't make sense at first, but will hit you over the head many years later.  They may appear idiotic, but once they settle in, the genius that is Kliban will be hard to shake free of.  I envy anyone experiencing these for the first time.

662218[/snapback]

I love Kliban's work. The man was really a pioneer, in some respects.

He died a few years back, didn't he?

I've decided today that I'm starting a get drunk for Jesus campaign.

Who will join me in getting wasted on Sunday for the holy God's son?

Our Slogan:  "If he's going to turn water into wine, we might as well drink it".

662202[/snapback]

Are your balls big enough to travel to a Muslim nation, and start a "get drunk for Allah" campaign? Or is this just another snippy comment from a fellow who grew up in a forgiving society?

Our Slogan:  "If he's going to turn water into wine, we might as well drink it".

662202[/snapback]

The wine back then was NOTHING like the wine today. Imagine putting a spoonful of jelly in a gallon of water. That's more what it is like.

Are your balls big enough to travel to a Muslim nation, and start a "get drunk for Allah" campaign? Or is this just another snippy comment from a fellow who grew up in a forgiving society?

663562[/snapback]

lawl

The wine back then was NOTHING like the wine today.  Imagine putting a spoonful of jelly in a gallon of water.  That's more what it is like.

663582[/snapback]

have u had 2k year old wine?

I didn't see this thread until this morning...so I didn't know this was an organized thing. I'm proud to say I did my best for the cause. I feel like I got hit by a truck or something.

BTW, I LOVE Kilban. Used to always go right to his stuff in the Lampoon..Gahan Wilson's, too.