Sabres tack on another win!!!

Go Buffalo!!! :rolleyes:

660585[/snapback]

Hey all I can get right now is the Sabres on the web radio, connection not fast enough for webcast right now. Reminds me though of listening with the radio under my pillow to the games as a kid when I was suppose to be a sleep during the old French connection days with Ted Darling and Paul Weiland.

No.  They need one point.

The only situation in our favor is us winning out and them losing out.  That'd give us 52 wins and them 51.

660593[/snapback]

Thanks. My bad. I was looking at points and figuring the next tie breaker would be head-to-head, like in football. Never even noticed that the Sabres winning out and Sens losing out puts the Sabres one win ahead...

Best news of the night might be Miller's performance...I listened to bits and pieces of this game....was he very sharp?

HUGE game for Miller's confidence...and this win all but locks up the #4 seed.

660607[/snapback]

Pretty much the same as he was in his last start. Of course, Teppo was back and suddenly the defense doesn't look like they haven't played together.

Lydman played a pretty good game too. Funny how that works.

Best news of the night might be Miller's performance...I listened to bits and pieces of this game....was he very sharp?

HUGE game for Miller's confidence...and this win all but locks up the #4 seed.

660607[/snapback]

It is hard to say....he wasn't really tested a whole lot, although he did make one really nice save late in the game. I will say, he looks to be moving around a little more in the net, the last couple of games. Overall, defensively, the team as a whole played very well most of the game.

Miller has played well enough, I think Lindy will stick with him in the playoffs. It is nice to know that Marty is playing well right now, too. Don't want to jinx the boys, but if they play like they have the last week (albeit against a defensively weakened Ottawa team), Philadelphia will have a hard time keeping up with them....I cannot wait!

Any word yet on what night the Sabres will open up their playoff series? Someone correct me if I am wrong...they play back to back games in Buffalo (a day between games) and then back to back games in Philly (or Jersey) with two nights between cities, to allow for travel, right? Trying to clear up a few nights, so I can watch the playoff games live, instead of video!

It is hard to say....he wasn't really tested a whole lot, although he did make one really nice save late in the game.  I will say, he looks to be moving around a little more in the net, the last couple of games.  Overall, defensively, the team as a whole played very well most of the game. 

Miller has played well enough, I think Lindy will stick with him in the playoffs.  It is nice to know that Marty is playing well right now, too.  Don't want to jinx the boys, but if they play like they have the last week (albeit against a defensively weakened Ottawa team), Philadelphia will have  a hard time keeping up with them....I cannot wait! 

Any word yet on what night the Sabres will open up their playoff series?  Someone correct me if I am wrong...they play back to back games in Buffalo (a day between games) and then back to back games in Philly (or Jersey) with two nights between cities, to allow for travel, right?  Trying to clear up a few nights, so I can watch the playoff games live, instead of video!

660734[/snapback]

There are rarely two days between games, even with travel. That fact is normally even more true when the teams are as close geographically as Philly and Buffalo.

The schedule is going to be 2-2-1-1-1.