Cutler visited Vikes on Tues.

Linkage

If Marv and Co. decide Justice is our man than this would make a lot of sense. I wouldn't mind picking up pick #17 and getting another second rounder. I'm not sold on Justice yet, though (especially if Peters is going to stay at RT). Arizona seems like another feasible trade partner if we are looking to trade down, could probably still land either Bunkley or Ngata with that pick.

The vikes have pick 17. Thats kinda low. It might be good enough to pick up the vikes 1st rounder next year, which could be a steal.

At any rate...this would move us down to #17. This is where things start getting tough for us.

Gone:

Bush, Leinert, Cutler, Young, DBrick, Huff, Hawk, Mario.

Probably also gone: Greenway, Ngata, Bunkley, Justice

And thats only 12, so its reasonable to assume Chad Jackson, Jimmie Williams, maybe Ernie Simms, Wimbley all gone.

Maybe one of them falls to us..but if not...ouch. Maybe take a corner? Whitner? I dont know...its a bit farther than I want to fall I think.

Well if the Vikes want to get all the way up to #8, they are going to have to pay dearly...

The Vikes 1st and 2nd is a given, but that's still short of the Value Chart by 30 points, and they are moving up to get a QB so...

It will be interesting to see IF The Vikes come calling what Marv can get in return... :rolleyes:

Well if the Vikes want to get all the way up to #8, they are going to have to pay dearly...

The Vikes 1st and 2nd is a given, but that's still short of the Value Chart by 30 points, and they are moving up to get a QB so...

It will be interesting to see IF The Vikes come calling what Marv can get in return... :P

660576[/snapback]

Good post. It is not OK to move from 8 to 17 for a mere 2nd. As I recall, the Vikes even have an extra 2nd from the dolphins.

Btw, does the value chart about which you speak include future draft choices?

If I was Marv, I MIGHT begin to consider swapping firsts with the Vikes for a 2nd in both 06 and 07.

Linkage

If Marv and Co. decide Justice is our man than this would make a lot of sense.  I wouldn't mind picking up pick #17 and getting another second rounder.  I'm not sold on Justice yet, though (especially if Peters is going to stay at RT).  Arizona seems like another feasible trade partner if we are looking to trade down, could probably still land either Bunkley or Ngata with that pick.

660562[/snapback]

Id be worried that justice would go a little bit earlier then that as he's been shooting up draftboards. Oh and about your mock draft I'd take Jason Allen out it seems he failed a physical with the cowboys and dolphins and is really shooting down the draft boards now.

Good post. It is not OK to move from 8 to 17 for a mere 2nd. As I recall, the Vikes even have an extra 2nd from the dolphins.

Btw, does the value chart about which you speak include future draft choices?

If I was Marv, I MIGHT begin to consider swapping firsts with the Vikes for a 2nd in both 06 and 07.

660736[/snapback]

D&C speculates on us trading for the #17, 48 & 54. I could live with that, but sadly I don't have a value chart.

#17, 48 & 54.

Here's that scenario:

17. JIMMY WILLIAMS (S) - VIRGINIA TECH

42. MARCUS MCNEILL (OT) - AUBURN

48. CHARLES SPENCER (OG) - PITTSBURGH

54. JOHN McCARGO (DT) NORTH CAROLINA ST.

70. ANTHOINY FASANO (TE) NOTRE DAME

73. FRED MATUA (OG)- USC

Here's that scenario:

17.  JIMMY WILLIAMS (S) - VIRGINIA TECH

42.  MARCUS MCNEILL (OT) - AUBURN

48.  CHARLES SPENCER (OG) - PITTSBURGH

54.  JOHN McCARGO (DT) NORTH CAROLINA ST.

70.  ANTHOINY FASANO (TE) NOTRE DAME

73.  FRED MATUA (OG)- USC

661532[/snapback]

That would be a great draft. I'd love to spend a couple of picks and possibly move up to see if we could get Nick Mangold-C from Ohio State.

You could actually trade the 17 down to get Mangold, who is listed as the 27th best player on the board.

For that trade down, you'd get a high 3rd Rounder--Center Mangold (#1 Center) plus Safety Bullocks (#5 Safety), bigger and almost as fast as Huff.

27. Mangold C

42. MARCUS MCNEILL (OT) - AUBURN

48. CHARLES SPENCER (OG) - PITTSBURGH

54. JOHN McCARGO (DT) NORTH CAROLINA ST.

70. ANTHOINY FASANO (TE) NOTRE DAME

72. S Daniel Bullocks ~ Nebraska

73. FRED MATUA (OG)- USC

That would be a great draft. I'd love to spend a couple of picks and possibly move up to see if we could get Nick Mangold-C from Ohio State.

661535[/snapback]

I agree. I would love to see Mangold in a Buffalo uni...i think he would be a perfect fit here.Pipe dreams of course...but it would be nice.