Bunkley has officialy visited w/ Buffalo.

Bunkley Pre-Draft Visit: Florida State defensive tackle Brodrick Bunkley was on Sirius NFL radio today and confirmed he did have a pre draft visit to Buffalo last week along with Cleveland. He has more visits scheduled this week. Bunkley said he doesn't pay attention to pre-draft talk about where he'll go or won't go. Many people, including the latest mock draft by Mel Kiper, now says that the Bills may pick him. He is expected to still be on the board at #8 along with Wisconsin DT Haloti Ngata who also visited the Bills. Bunkley may be a better fit in the Bills two gap defense that requires smaller, faster tackles.

http://www.billsdaily.com/news/index.shtml#041206

Also- Haloti Ngata attends Wisconsin :rolleyes:

I still don't understand all of this talk. From all that I'm hearing from OBD, we need a nose tackle and an under tackle. The under tackle is the guy who is the faster, penetrating guy, which is supposed to be Triplett. The nose tackle is the guy who occupies two blockers. Right now, that's Anderson.

Isn't this the type of DT we're looking for in the draft? Isn't that what Ngata does?

(Not that I'm rooting for Ngata, I just don't understand all of this talk.)

I still don't understand all of this talk. From all that I'm hearing from OBD, we need a nose tackle and an under tackle. The under tackle is the guy who is the faster, penetrating guy, which is supposed to be Triplett. The nose tackle is the guy who occupies two blockers. Right now, that's Anderson.

Isn't this the type of DT we're looking for in the draft? Isn't that what Ngata does?

660531[/snapback]

You know how some fans on this board think about DT like Pat Williams or Big Ted; they think they are too fat, too lazy, stay at home, not stat guys but don't realize their worth - till they are gone doing nothing for the other team but make their run D shoot to the top of the league while ours sputter until we find another too fat, too lazy that can stay at home and stand his ground!

660531[/snapback]

The "over tackle" in a Cover 2 scheme is almost like threading a needle. You want a guy who won't be pushed around at the point of attack and STILL be quick enough to penetrate and get after the QB. It's really hard to find guys like that.

FWIW, I actually think Ngata, based purely on talent, could become a very good tackle and he could even be an over tackle in the Bills' defense. BUT, I don't it happens if he's the #8 overall pick. I think, just as an example, ridiculous as it may be, if Ngata were picked in the 6th round of the draft, he would become 10 times the player he'd be if he were picked #8 overall. If he were drafted low, he'd be angry and play with a chip on his shoulder.

You just can't hand millions over to a lazy fatso like him and expect him to play hard every play. The one key component of the Cover 2 is that all the guys on the defensive line have go to "get after it", chase, penetrate, rip and run down the ball carrier. I doubt a set-for-life Ngata will exhibit that kind of consistent effort needed.

660531[/snapback]

thank you. me, i want a dt as our first pick, and i don't want him taller than 6'3" or lighter than 325 lbs.

The "over tackle" in a Cover 2 scheme is almost like threading a needle.  You want a guy who won't be pushed around at the point of attack and STILL be quick enough to penetrate and get after the QB.  It's really hard to find guys like that.

660543[/snapback]

The Bills had a guy like that and they released him recently.