M. Huff (S)

On the college level, he was great in run support, but he'll only be average there on the NFL level strictly due to his size.  He's a coverage phenom, though.  He can "make sense" in the first round because our safeties suck.

660479[/snapback]

Yeah but we got Coy Wire to lay the wood in run support.

Yeah but we got Coy Wire to lay the wood in run support.

660575[/snapback]

:P

Huff's strength is pass coverage. He also seems to always come up with the big play, a nose for the football.

IMO he'd be perfect for a cover 2 because of that.

Someone posted a video highlight for him recently. What I got from that was an excellent sense of reading the play, but his constant upper body tackling really concerned me. His college tackling style didn't seem like it would translate well at the NFL level. Of course this evaluation is from someone's 2 minute video, so take my evaluation with a grain of salt.

I don't think Huff is going to be our best pick, because I think he isn't going to be the best football player available when we pick. If he is, I'm happy to get him. Trading down and taking Justice or Bunkley (neither of whom are top 8 picks), especially for a team who wants Cutler will probably make the most sense, but otherwise we need to get the best football player, and Huff is in the running to be that. But there is good depth at DB in this draft, and I think we can get a better player with #8 in most scenarios.