Yet Another Slain Rapper

nah, that stuff will always be there, but the good stuff you used to like will still be alive, you just have to find it. but at least someone who commented has tried to listen to the genre before judging.

660399[/snapback]

Even if you can find it, you have to listen to it at home because there will always be some idiotic gangsta-wannabe with his hat twisted sideways and a billion-dollar-subwoofer in the trunk of his modified Kia Sephia with spinning rims, blaring his music beyond anything that is considered respectful or even mindful.

The only good news is that they're all killing each other, so we just need to be patient.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a shame. Hope his 10 kids have good insurance coming there way.

:D

660183[/snapback]

There have been some pretty poor attempts at humor in this post. Everyday, people die and it isn't national news. However, whether some people respect it or not, he is a public figure and probably an inspiration to some people. And that crack about 10 kids, that's really classy. :rolleyes: By all accounts, he was a great guy (who had 3 kids, not unlike most 32 year olds) who helped his friend Eminem become a music superstar. In turn, Eminem helped his friends sign a record deal and make a better lives for themselves. So regardless if you like the genre, to me, that's part of the American dream. Coming from having nothing and making it big. Additionally, not everyone lives in the white picket fence environment that most of the posters on here do. Unfortunately, there are so really bad neighborhoods out. Not to get all preachy, but it a senseless killing of a human being. Personally, making jokes is pretty sick. But then, he's just a rapper and I don't like the music so it's ok. :( Ignorance is bliss. :lol:

Even if you can find it, you have to listen to it at home because there will always be some idiotic gangsta-wannabe with his hat twisted sideways and a billion-dollar-subwoofer in the trunk of his modified Kia Sephia with spinning rims, blaring his music beyond anything that is considered respectful or even mindful.

im not quite sure what you're trying to say..... i dont know why you have to listen at home, or what someone else has to do with you listening to music

The only good news is that they're all killing each other, so we just need to be patient.

yeah now if only country and rock stars could do the same :rolleyes:

660403[/snapback]

What a classy statement. :rolleyes:

im not quite sure what you're trying to say..... i dont know why you have to listen at home, or what someone else has to do with you listening to music

yeah now if only country and rock stars could do the same  :rolleyes:

660408[/snapback]

The point being that you need to listen to your music in a confined area because people who listen to rap like the entire world to hear it coming out of their car at levels that are both offending and inconsiderate.

The point being that you need to listen to your music in a confined area because people who listen to rap like the entire world to hear it coming out of their car at levels that are both offending and inconsiderate.

660416[/snapback]

Way to generalize everyone who listens to rap. I dont know what genre of music you listen to and honestly I could care less, but I highly doubt it's just people who listen to rap who blare their music. It's more of an age group thing then a genre of music.

What a classy statement.  :rolleyes:

660409[/snapback]

I'll try harder to say things I don't mean so I can sound classy but remain insincere. I'll also try to be more understanding the next time I hear a rapper has exchanged gunfire with a dude in a rap club, and try to find the more sympathetic side to a problem MOST of us have been able to avoid in our lives.

And for the record...most of us weren't GIVEN the white picket fence outside our house. We earned it. And I'm not about to feel badly for a guy who chose another route that ended up being the death of him.

Way to generalize everyone who listens to rap.  I dont know what genre of music you listen to and honestly I could care less, but I highly doubt it's just people who listen to rap who blare their music.  It's more of an age group thing then a genre of music.

660418[/snapback]

Yeah, cuz the 19-year-old up the road from me is always blaring his Kenny Chesney album from his car. Or his Kelly Clarkson. Or his Sheryl Crowe. How many times do I have to hear Jimmy Buffett screaming from some kid's pimped out Escalade.

Please. This is one generalization that sticks. It may be an age thing, but it is most DEFINITELY a rap thing as well.

yeah now if only country and rock stars could do the same  :rolleyes:

660408[/snapback]

Plenty of country and rock stars kill themselves, lots of weapons out there, mass quanities of liqour and the needle and spoon......I use to despise rap, while I was working, cuz someone would blast the volume starting at 7 am, btw I work construction.... Now its the mexican music with the accordian, sounds like your at the carnival, I have intentionally killed radios before and will do again....

Yeah, cuz the 19-year-old up the road from me is always blaring his Kenny Chesney album from his car.

660425[/snapback]

LOL!!!! :lol:

:rolleyes:

Yeah, cuz the 19-year-old up the road from me is always blaring his Kenny Chesney album from his car. Or his Kelly Clarkson. Or his Sheryl Crowe. How many times do I have to hear Jimmy Buffett screaming from some kid's pimped out Escalade.

Please. This is one generalization that sticks. It may be an age thing, but it is most DEFINITELY a rap thing as well.

660425[/snapback]

i think you proved guesswhozback21's point about an age thing not a rap thing when you said..... 19 year old up the road...... some kid's pimped out escalade...

i guess i just dont understand how people could dislike a genre of music because an ignorant person plays music way too loud. It's not the music's fault they blast music, its the kid's.

However, whether some people respect it or not, he is a public figure and probably an inspiration to some people.  And that crack about 10 kids, that's really classy.  :rolleyes:  By all accounts, he was a great guy (who had 3 kids, not unlike most 32 year olds) who helped his friend Eminem become a music superstar.  In turn, Eminem helped his friends sign a record deal and make a better lives for themselves. 

660406[/snapback]

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Music/04/1...d.ap/index.html

He fired the first shot. We can all be thankful he got killed. Saved our tax dollars on the trial where he would have been found not guilty because he has money.

And to those who want to defend him because he has kids? Maybe he should have thought about his kids, and how their Easter is going to be before he pulled out a pistol.

Good riddance.

Save your empathy for someone who deserves it.

i think you proved guesswhozback21's point about an age thing not a rap thing when you said..... 19 year old up the road...... some kid's pimped out escalade...

i guess i just dont understand how people could dislike a genre of music because an ignorant person plays music way too loud. It's not the music's fault they blast music, its the kid's.

660452[/snapback]

I don't argue it's an age thing, but it's an age thing caught up in rap, which is why I made the sarcastic comment about a 19-year-old blaring country music.

Now don't misunderstand. I don't hate the music because it's kiddie music. My wife is in her 30s and there is some rap that she'll listen to as well. For the love of god, the bus driver for the freakin' DOODLEBOPS actually raps for my 16-month-old son. But I'm not some ign'nt crackur who hates rap because I'm supposed to. I've read enough lyrics to know the majority is way out of my ability to associate with the music.

When I hear Sinatra sing "In The Wee Small Hours Of The Morning," I can associate with those lyrics. When I hear a rapper sing about his whores, his bitches, his guns and his pimpin', I fear I'm a bit short on empathy, so I have no use for it.

The simple fact that they, more than any other genre, continue to kill themselves, is a shame to some extent, but there is little many of us can do. Believe me, if Grand Master T Bennett was yelling at Dean Martin "Hey, nigga, git off da stage an' stop hitting on muh ma !@#$in biotch. What 'chew trippin foo'?" just before they started shooting at each other, then I'd agree that I'm out of line.

But seriously. When overzealous, self-important idiots want to kill themselves, it's almost my duty to call them out as morons and be glad there are a few less around.

He fired the first shot. We can all be thankful he got killed. Saved our tax dollars on the trial where he would have been found not guilty because he has money.

And to those who want to defend him because he has kids? Maybe he should have thought about his kids, and how their Easter is going to be before he pulled out a pistol.

Good riddance.

Save your empathy for someone who deserves it.

660460[/snapback]

I have to agree with this. This may sound stupid, but I don't care....I actually broke down balling on Monday night during 'The Apprentice'. Why? Because the reward for the winning team was to take an 8 y.o. little girl with brain cancer to Toys R' Us. As soon as I saw her get out of the car, huge smile on her face, I lost it.

I don't profess to know this rapper who got shot, but I get sick and tired of people who go out of their way to make themselves appear to be victims. If your reaction to a verbal argument is to take out a gun and KILL someone, and if you treat your life and the lives of others in such a cavalier manner, then you deserve what you get.

I don't profess to know this rapper who got shot, but I get sick and tired of people who go out of their way to make themselves appear to be victims.

660577[/snapback]

I don't think he's trying to make himself look like a victim considering that he has yet to release a statement on his death.