Yet Another Slain Rapper

I don't think he's trying to make himself look like a victim considering that he has yet to release a statement on his death.

660596[/snapback]

I don't think his legacy will have anything at all to do with him being a victiim. And in the end, what's left? People standing around, talking about your legacy.

"Yeah, poor Proof. Can't believe he's dead. I mean, one minute he's shooting someone, and the next minute...I just can't believe it...he's gone."

Nice legacy.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to agree with this. This may sound stupid, but I don't care....I actually broke down balling on Monday night during 'The Apprentice'. Why? Because the reward for the winning team was to take an 8 y.o. little girl with brain cancer to Toys R' Us. As soon as I saw her get out of the car, huge smile on her face, I lost it.

I don't profess to know this rapper who got shot, but I get sick and tired of people who go out of their way to make themselves appear to be victims. If your reaction to a verbal argument is to take out a gun and KILL someone, and if you treat your life and the lives of others in such a cavalier manner, then you deserve what you get.

660577[/snapback]

I agree. There is a complete lack of humanity about it. In my opinion, it's the same line of "me first" thinking that cuts people off in traffic, pushes past in line, and skirts around on a double-yellow, just on a different level.

You cut me off? I'll show you! You looked at my girlfriend's ass (even though her thongs are hanging out?) I'll show you! You pushed me accidentally? I'll show you!

Take a deep breath, remember he has a family, and move on.

-Jeff

I agree. There is a complete lack of humanity about it.  In my opinion, it's the same line of "me first" thinking that cuts people off in traffic, pushes past in line, and skirts around on a double-yellow, just on a different level.

You cut me off? I'll show you! You looked at my girlfriend's ass (even though her thongs are hanging out?) I'll show you! You pushed me accidentally? I'll show you!

Take a deep breath, remember he has a family, and move on.

-Jeff

660602[/snapback]

That's a great point....I never really thought about it being a single issue expressed in different degrees of intensity, but I think it really is. All these examples are related, with MURDERING someone being pretty much at the top of the list. It's just stupid, plain and simple. There is very little that someone could say to me, outside of a direct threat to the well-being of my family or myself, that would ever cause me to want to take someone's life. So many people have this need to appear powerful, dangerous, etc., but when it call comes down to it it's just an illusion. It's nothing but a fantasy. How many times have we seen someone like Eminem acting as though he's the center of the universe? What exactly does he do that is so vital to society? Obviously the sense of self-importance is fueled by all those fans who put people like him on the pedestal, but then it's up to the celebrity, gangsta, etc., to take it from there. What happened to having this much importance placed on such things as the family? What about education? Where is the sense of charity in people? Hell, what about just being a little !@#$in CONSIDERATE once in a while? I like the way you said it best...a lack of humanity.

I dunno....whatever.....I just have no sympathy for this kind of thing at all. There are too many other people out there who didn't manufacture or create their own adversity or circumstances, who still manage to find a way to love, respect, encourage, and cherish other people.

wow

its funny though, i bet you've never actually listened to that "terrible" music have you  :P

660388[/snapback]

Was it not you who made the argument that hockey fights were bad because of the message they sent children? Now you're defending today's hip hop? Are you fuggin' kidding me?

Oh, and save me the soapbox of "You've probably never listened". I was listening/attending concerts of Run, Grandmasters Melle Mel and Flash, and Sugar Hill long before most of you had a clue what rap music was.

That's a great point....I never really thought about it being a single issue expressed in different degrees of intensity, but I think it really is. All these examples are related, with MURDERING someone being pretty much at the top of the list. It's just stupid, plain and simple. There is very little that someone could say to me, outside of a direct threat to the well-being of my family or myself, that would ever cause me to want to take someone's life. So many people have this need to appear powerful, dangerous, etc., but when it call comes down to it it's just an illusion. It's nothing but a fantasy. How many times have we seen someone like Eminem acting as though he's the center of the universe? What exactly does he do that is so vital to society? Obviously the sense of self-importance is fueled by all those fans who put people like him on the pedestal, but then it's up to the celebrity, gangsta, etc., to take it from there. What happened to having this much importance placed on such things as the family? What about education? Where is the sense of charity in people? Hell, what about just being a little !@#$in CONSIDERATE once in a while? I like the way you said it best...a lack of humanity.

I dunno....whatever.....I just have no sympathy for this kind of thing at all. There are too many other people out there who didn't manufacture or create their own adversity or circumstances, who still manage to find a way to love, respect, encourage, and cherish other people.

660619[/snapback]

Good post! :P

Yeah, I've had this talk with folks at work (we all get along pretty good, if you can't tell). I haven't yet put my finger on why it's happening. The closest I can come up with is lack of religion. Now, I'm not a religious guy at all, but it did at the very least put us all on the same moral footing. Without that baseline, there's no real common ground. Screw the religion argument, people just aren't ready to live without it.

Yes, I do believe it's all related. The next time you attempt to pass someone going 60 in a 65 and they speed up to 70 or the next time someone with one of those damn BlueTooth headsets on skirts in front of you in line and pretends not to notice because they're too busy talking to the electronics... I really believe it's the same problem.

LIke I said, lack of humanity. Everyone else is just an obsticle along my way to finishing the day. Some I cut off, some I bump, some I shoot.

I go out of my way not to project that same vibe. I still hold doors for women. I'll keep the elevator open for the guy with the borg-ear even though I just know he'll not thank me. Doesn't bother me, though, I don't do it for them!

Break into my house, though, you'd better believe you're going to eat .357 for a midnight snack. :P

-Jeff

660619[/snapback]

Yeah, I've had this talk with folks at work (we all get along pretty good, if you can't tell).  I haven't yet put my finger on why it's happening.  The closest I can come up with is lack of religion. Now, I'm not a religious guy at all, but it did at the very least put us all on the same moral footing.  Without that baseline, there's no real common ground.  Screw the religion argument, people just aren't ready to live without it.

Yes, I do believe it's all related. The next time you attempt to pass someone going 60 in a 65 and they speed up to 70 or the next time someone with one of those damn BlueTooth headsets on skirts in front of you in line and pretends not to notice because they're too busy talking to the electronics... I really believe it's the same problem.

LIke I said, lack of humanity. Everyone else is just an obsticle along my way to finishing the day. Some I cut off, some I bump, some I shoot.

I go out of my way not to project that same vibe. I still hold doors for women. I'll keep the elevator open for the guy with the borg-ear even though I just know he'll not thank me.  Doesn't bother me, though, I don't do it for them!

Break into my house, though, you'd better believe you're going to eat .357 for a midnight snack.  :P

-Jeff

660665[/snapback]

lol, exactly....the rules all change when someone comes through the back window at 2am.....that's where I draw the line, too.

I had to laugh when I was reading your post, cause I do that same type of stuff....my typical example is a fast food worker. Even though it's not a great habit, I tend to stop and pick up fast food several times per week. Well, aside from the illegals who work at the Gainesville Taco Bell and appear to be having the time of their lives, I often see people who are pretty miserable working at these places. The other night I went to Wendy's at like 11p and there was this middle aged guy who you could just tell was educated and wanting to work, but that's all he could find. I know it's a really small gesture, but I always try and make sure I'm as cordial and friendly as I can be. The fact of the matter is that I really appreciate that these folks are willing to work a thankless job, that's probably not all that fun, and let's face it, even a little embarrassing. It's a service that is something I use and value, and I appreciate them for doing it. People don't take time to think like that even a little bit nowadays. Someone used the word "empathy" earlier in the thread. That's a HUGE concept that not enough people understand and practice. I wish people would take time to see things from the other person's point of view. Imagine what it must be like to be that 40 year old married guy with a family who's been laid off for six months and has to take the job at McDonalds just to stay afloat. What must it be like to be the 8 y.o. child with cancer? How about her mom, dad, siblings, etc? How about someone with the borg ear? (lol) People often treat others poorly even though the other person's situation, condition, physical appearance, WHATEVER, was not any of their doing. I wish that for every jerk that made a physically unattractive woman feel like crying, there were 100 others who would smile at her and see her for who she is. There are a million examples of this sh--, but the opportunities to actually do something about the problem are not taken advantage of. People don't give a flying !@#$.

You know what else? I guarantee you there are people on TBD who are reading this thread that think we're both crazy, ridiculous, sappy idealists, etc. I don't care....I think this is the type of stuff that shoudl be said, regardless of the fact that there are people who will be critical of it.

lol, exactly....the rules all change when someone comes through the back window at 2am.....that's where I draw the line, too.

I had to laugh when I was reading your post, cause I do that same type of stuff....my typical example is a fast food worker. Even though it's not a great habit, I tend to stop and pick up fast food several times per week. Well, aside from the illegals who work at the Gainesville Taco Bell and appear to be having the time of their lives, I often see people who are pretty miserable working at these places. The other night I went to Wendy's at like 11p and there was this middle aged guy who you could just tell was educated and wanting to work, but that's all he could find. I know it's a really small gesture, but I always try and make sure I'm as cordial and friendly as I can be. The fact of the matter is that I really appreciate that these folks are willing to work a thankless job, that's probably not all that fun, and let's face it, even a little embarrassing. It's a service that is something I use and value, and I appreciate them for doing it. People don't take time to think like that even a little bit nowadays. Someone used the word "empathy" earlier in the thread. That's a HUGE concept that not enough people understand and practice. I wish people would take time to see things from the other person's point of view. Imagine what it must be like to be that 40 year old married guy with a family who's been laid off for six months and has to take the job at McDonalds just to stay afloat. What must it be like to be the 8 y.o. child with cancer? How about her mom, dad, siblings, etc? How about someone with the borg ear? (lol)  People often treat others poorly even though the other person's situation, condition, physical appearance, WHATEVER, was not any of their doing. I wish that for every jerk that made a physically unattractive woman feel like crying, there were 100 others who would smile at her and see her for who she is. There are a million examples of this sh--, but the opportunities to actually do something about the problem are not taken advantage of. People don't give a flying !@#$.

You know what else? I guarantee you there are people on TBD who are reading this thread that think we're both crazy, ridiculous, sappy idealists, etc. I don't care....I think this is the type of stuff that shoudl be said, regardless of the fact that there are people who will be critical of it.

660685[/snapback]

I don't think you guys are crazy for bringing stuff up like this. I'm glad you are bringing it up. :P I recently went out and bought a new washer and dryer at Sears. The salesguy that was helping me looked kind of tired and worn out from a long day at work. After he got finished helping me he said "you were my favorite customer today." All I did was act nicely toward him. Just that simple gesture is all he needed to make his day. I feel for the people that have to deal with the jerks and the complainers on a day-to-day basis. It can't be easy.

i think first off everyone reading this thread needs to understand that nobody is defending him, and we dont have sympathy for him, we are just saying that to make fun of anyone dying is ridiculous..... if you notice nobody defended anything until ignorant people started making wise comments. thats what angers me, people who know nothing about him or his life are "happy" he's gone, thats just disgusting.

i dont think he was right for what he did, and yes, maybe he deserves what he got since he fired the first shot, but im certainly not going to sit here and say "yes... it saves us tax dollars" you gotta be kidding me.

i think first off everyone reading this thread needs to understand that nobody is defending him, and we dont have sympathy for him, we are just saying that to make fun of anyone dying is ridiculous..... if you notice nobody defended anything until ignorant people started making wise comments. thats what angers me, people who know nothing about him or his life are "happy" he's gone, thats just disgusting.

i dont think he was right for what he did, and yes, maybe he deserves what he got since he fired the first shot, but im certainly not going to sit here and say "yes... it saves us tax dollars" you gotta be kidding me.

660710[/snapback]

what he said.......

but im certainly not going to sit here and say "yes... it saves us tax dollars" you gotta be kidding me.

660710[/snapback]

Nope, not kidding. If every one of these thugs who fired the first shot was shot back and killed, it would save us tax dollars. Too bad most of them don't and we have to watch CourtTv for months on end while they buy their freedom.

I'll say it again - Good Riddance.

Nope, not kidding. If every one of these thugs who fired the first shot was shot back and killed, it would save us tax dollars.  Too bad most of them don't and we have to watch CourtTv for months on end while they buy their freedom.

I'll say it again - Good Riddance.

661459[/snapback]

i bet if your kid was shot, and people speculated that he fired the first shot, you would want an investigation to prove it happened.

i bet if your kid was shot, and people speculated that he fired the first shot, you would want an investigation to prove it happened.

661603[/snapback]

Would that somehow make him less dead? When struggling with common sense, make sure you bring the children into the argument. :doh:

Would that somehow make him less dead?  When struggling with common sense, make sure you bring the children into the argument.  :rolleyes:

661606[/snapback]

here we go with your level of reading skill again, less dead? the investigation would be held to find out who shot first and who was in self defense, the other guy isnt dead, so he can be charged if he survives.

btw, its pointless arguing with you when you're not bringing anything to the thread, if you want to make a point about the subject, then do it, but dont sit back and try to pick at examples or things not relating to the main theme of the post.

here we go with your level of reading skill again, less dead? the investigation would be held to find out who shot first and who was in self defense, the other guy isnt dead, so he can be charged if he survives.

Uh, dead rapper scummer got shot in the HEAD. It's pretty unlikely to return fire when suffering from a kill shot to the melon. But yeah, MY reading skills are way off.

btw, its pointless arguing with you when you're not bringing anything to the thread, if you want to make a point about the subject, then do it, but dont sit back and try to pick at examples or things not relating to the main theme of the post.

662399[/snapback]

Ah, so it's perfectly acceptable for you to ask a guy who doesn't have kids if he would want an investigation into whether his non-existant kid fired first, even though non-existant kid should still be dead as hell and no investigation is going to change that.

It's also quite funny that you accuse me of doing something that you've done pretty much throughout the thread (think non-existant kid, as one example). Blinders are pretty thick, eh?

I'm sorry, I also missed the day someone died and gave you the power to chose what everyone else posts, especially when they don't agree with you. Welcome to what makes the internet world go 'round.

Uh, dead rapper scummer got shot in the HEAD.  It's pretty unlikely to return fire when suffering from a kill shot to the melon.  But yeah, MY reading skills are way off.

omg, will you please read an article on what happened or something, and also this whole thread so you can get a clue

Ah, so it's perfectly acceptable for you to ask a guy who doesn't have kids if he would want an investigation into whether his non-existant kid fired first, even though non-existant kid should still be dead as hell and no investigation is going to change that.

just stop, forget it, you're not understanding anything and im certainly not going to be the one to keep explaining it

I'm sorry, I also missed the day someone died and gave you the power to chose what everyone else posts, especially when they don't agree with you.  Welcome to what makes the internet world go 'round.

once again, you need to reaaaaaad, i didnt say what you can and cant post, i said if you post bullsh*it im not going to respond to it, so make an actual argument

seriously.... please read stuff before you go commenting because you make no sense and make youself look stupid when you try to argue it without having a clue

once again, you need to reaaaaaad, i didnt say what you can and cant post, i said if you post bullsh*it im not going to respond to it, so make an actual argument

662458[/snapback]

Uh, care to reread that line and explain to me how exactly you're not responding to my "bulshit"? You'll just have to forgive me for not being better able to translate "mouthbreather" but it looks to my apparently lower reading comprehension level that you did in fact respond to my bulshit. Hmmmm...

There is no argument. Idiot rapper dude is dead from a head wound and the world is quite likely a better place because of it. This is regardless of whether or not the genre of music is good, whether I've actually listened to any of it, whether we're "role playing" with Stojan in the Ward Cleaver character, whether we should have respect for everyone who dies (that's among the dumbest things I've ever heard/read), or whether you're gonna continue to beat your chest from the top of the world's tiniest soapbox.