U.S. Plans for Iran

I had to read this chick's graphic novels  for a class. They were very interesting and helped me see Iranians in a different light than I had before...

http://www.randomhouse.com/pantheon/graphi...s/satrapi2.html

660138[/snapback]

Thanks for the tip Gavin, I'll check her book out. My wife and I have many Iranian friends and aquaintances from our days at UB, some of whom disappeared after the revolution.

Interesting, only 16 days.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=100...4&refer=germany

660866[/snapback]

The headline:

"Iran Could Produce Nuclear Bomb in 16 Days, U.S. Says (Update2)"

The story:

"Using those 50,000 centrifuges they could produce enough highly enriched uranium for a nuclear weapon in 16 days,''

Those are not the same thing. :P

The headline:

"Iran Could Produce Nuclear Bomb in 16 Days, U.S. Says (Update2)"

The story:

"Using those 50,000 centrifuges they could produce enough highly enriched uranium for a nuclear weapon in 16 days,''

Those are not the same thing:P

660890[/snapback]

Not that easy to synchronize 54,000 centrifuges, but still very doable. What's more telling to me is activities at Parchin and the Iranian refusal to allow any IAEA oversight there. Heavy water production doesn't fit well into peaceful applications either. I think there has been quite a bit of tunnelling going on over the last few years as well. Dispersal and hardening. Another reason to basically rule out a decent military strike option. Perhaps we should have a pool on when they make their announcement vis a vis the nK playbook?

You guys are just sick...but at least give me some real numbers to think about?

661019[/snapback]

Have to take a bye here. Also, a lot depends on true intentions that no one I'm aware of has a good read on yet. I'm also not aware of where they are in having a viable initiation sequence, though that was probably purchased through Khan. Hence, my Parchin comment. It's one thing to know how to do it vs. being able to do it. There's a lot more involved than simply having the material for the pits. I'm assuming they are looking at an implosion device vs a cannon device, otherwise why the secrecy on explosives?

Yeah, so?

661077[/snapback]

So, yeah?

Defending your fort?

Some thing of value come from the strangest sources...

"Hedwig Keisler Markey, a.k.a. glamorous Hollywood actress Hedy Lamarr, (not to be confused with Hedley Lamarr of Blazing Saddles fame), made a single but significant engineering contribution to today's microwave wireless networks. At her Austrian husband Fritz Mandl's armament company, she observed that radio-guided torpedoes were susceptible to jamming. Leaving der Vaterland in order to avoid personal participation in the Holocaust, she later obtained a secret U.S. patent on the idea of frequency hopping, shared with artist George Antheil. Their scheme used a mechanical device similar to the guts of a player piano to modulate the RF signal. Stonewalled by the good-old-boys of the Pentagon, Ms. Keisler's invention was not put to use by the military until the mid 1950s, after the patent expired. However, her work is regarded as the basis for all spread-spectrum techniques, including those used in today's wireless networks. "

So, yeah?

Defending your fort?

Some thing of value come from the strangest sources...

"Hedwig Keisler Markey, a.k.a. glamorous Hollywood actress Hedy Lamarr, (not to be confused with Hedley Lamarr of Blazing Saddles fame), made a single but significant engineering contribution to today's microwave wireless networks. At her Austrian husband Fritz Mandl's armament company, she observed that radio-guided torpedoes were susceptible to jamming. Leaving der Vaterland in order to avoid personal participation in the Holocaust, she later obtained a secret U.S. patent on the idea of frequency hopping, shared with artist George Antheil. Their scheme used a mechanical device similar to the guts of a player piano to modulate the RF signal. Stonewalled by the good-old-boys of the Pentagon, Ms. Keisler's invention was not put to use by the military until the mid 1950s, after the patent expired. However, her work is regarded as the basis for all spread-spectrum techniques, including those used in today's wireless networks. "

661147[/snapback]

I'm sorry...Hedy Lamarr has exactly what to do with Iran? :doh:

But I'll bet no one on the government payroll ever thought of bombing the Iranian electrical grid before that genius stuckincincy posted it on a Bills message board...  :doh:  :huh:  :(

661220[/snapback]

. they are worse than

For sure. Some guy in Podunk, Iowa figured that out years before the experts went through peer review, Congressional and Executive clearance.

Experts are far overrated - but that's civil service, ya know. They are worse than chronic eczma and more persistent than toenail groth.

. they are worse than

For sure. Some guy in Podunk, Iowa figured that out years before the experts went through peer review, Congressional and Executive clearance.

Experts are far overrated - but that's civil service, ya know. They are worse than chronic eczma and more persistent than toenail groth.

661236[/snapback]

Is that you VIVE LA FRANCE, VIVE LA GUERRE?? :doh:

661236[/snapback]

Yeah. Far better to leave operational planning of protracted bombing campaigns to rank amateurs. :doh:

That's the same logic that causes BF to argue the virtues of retatta with a professional chef... :huh:

Yeah.  Far better to leave operational planning of protracted bombing campaigns to rank amateurs.  :doh:

That's the same logic that causes BF to argue the virtues of retatta with a professional chef...  :huh:

661240[/snapback]

The general idea is to strive for balance, CTM. Some with technical acumen have poor appreciation of a long view. Some with a long view will destroy the goals in short order because of no knowledge of the nuts and bolts of the things. Shades.

This is a good thing to hash out before hostilities take place. Desireable - yin and yang, if you will.

Nice if that takes place. But as a field General, if you are to be effective and victorious, two things have to be realized first, as combat commences:

1) A General is a fighting man who happens to have an army at his disposal.

2) You cannot dismiss any man's thoughts. You are obligated to consider them. From what ever venue. From unlikely sources, solutions arrive.

The power of the US military resides not in its technology, but resides between the ears of millions.