Here's two prospects for our 7th rd picks.

The whole draft can be a crapshoot but I think the 7th rd can provide you the opportunity to take a chance on a prospect(s) that could really pay a dividend. I don't think that it's out of the realm of reasoning of using these late rd picks on position changes with prospects. Here's two interesting prospects.

Akron's WR Domenik Hixon. He would have a much better chance at succeeding as a SS than a WR. It's a position he played earlier in his career and it would be easier to catch on with defense than at a skilled position on offense. Gotta love his speed, need to utilize it. Check him out.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingr...menikhixon.html

Next up is Louisville's OT Travis Leffew. He has the makings at the G position with the right coaching. This would be the type of guy that McNally is known for making into a solid pro.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingr...avisleffew.html

There is nothing better than a longshot making it in professional sports. With our last two picks in the draft, I don't think that we would be risking too much on taking a chance on something that could really turn out special. Any thoughts on this concept?

The whole draft can be a crapshoot but I think the 7th rd can provide you the opportunity to take a chance on a prospect(s) that could really pay a dividend. I don't think that it's out of the realm of reasoning of using these late rd picks on position changes with prospects. Here's two interesting prospects.

Akron's WR Domenik Hixon. He would have a much better chance at succeeding as a SS than a WR. It's a position he played earlier in his career and it would be easier to catch on with defense than at a skilled position on offense. Gotta love his speed, need to utilize it. Check him out.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingr...menikhixon.html

Next up is Louisville's OT Travis Leffew. He has the makings at the G position with the right coaching. This would be the type of guy that McNally is known for making into a solid pro.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingr...avisleffew.html

There is nothing better than a longshot making it in professional sports. With our last two picks in the draft, I don't think that we would be risking too much on taking a chance on something that could really turn out special. Any thoughts on this concept?

659612[/snapback]

I've seen Leffew play a few times, and he's not too bad. One thing I always try to look for in late round gems (and I'm sure the NFL scouts do as well) is versatility, and Leffew doesn't really offer that. Now, Donald Penn of Utah State does have that kind of versatility, where you can use him @ multiple positions along the line. A few years ago, I mentioned Makoa Freitas as a late rounder who was versatile enough to be a late round pick for the Bills. Well, he's backing up Tarik Glenn in Indy now, part of the reason is that he does give them the versatility to use him @ tackle, guard, or even center in a pinch.

I agree with your analysis of the two players. I really like Hixon from Akron. Yeah, he may make a good SS, but don't count him out as WR. By the way, shouldn't we be worrying about first day draft picks first? We need to figure out what we need to do with our 8 overall pick to make sure he doesn't turn into as big of a bust as our last top ten pick did!

I agree with your analysis of the two players. I really like Hixon from Akron. Yeah, he may make a good SS, but don't count him out as WR. By the way, shouldn't we be worrying about first day draft picks first? We need to figure out what we need to do with our 8 overall pick to make sure he doesn't turn into as big of a bust as our last top ten pick did!

659764[/snapback]

Variety is the spice of life. If it's first round draft pick threads you seek, there's tons of them on the Wall. Have @ it.