MORE L.A. RUMORS!!!

chetsap

Buffalo Bills Updated:04/11/2006

According to the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle, NFL commissioner Paul Tagliabue wants to see one or two teams in Los Angeles and expansion is not an option. It seems as though Buffalo could be at or near the top of the list.

THIS WAS ON CBSSPORTS.COM. CRAP!!!

According to the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle, NFL commissioner Paul Tagliabue wants to see one or two teams in Los Angeles and expansion is not an option. It seems as though Buffalo could be at or near the top of the list. 

THIS WAS ON CBSSPORTS.COM.  CRAP!!!

659284[/snapback]

i saw that also. sounds like hte writer saw wilsons PC and said "hey, they must be in trouble, maybe they will move to L.A."

the saints have to still be at the top of the list.

i saw that also. sounds like hte writer saw wilsons PC and said "hey, they must be in trouble, maybe they will move to L.A."

the saints have to still be at the top of the list.

659288[/snapback]

Saints aint movin. Benson and the league would get killed if they bailed on NO now.

THIS WAS ON CBSSPORTS.COM.  CRAP!!!

659284[/snapback]

No signs that this will happen while Ralph is still alive. He is old, but unless you have a contract out on him, I do not know any businessman who will lay aside $700 Mill (a business magazine of the Bills value) or even worse will secure a loan from some bank based on the theory of when some person of the health status of Ralph is going to kick the bucket. It probably has been said in the media, but truth is a sidelight of their job of publishing column inches so they can sell ads around them.

Unless you have some deadlock certain showing of the imimnent death of Ralph and even then further insight into how he has configured his will, there is no financial deal similar to th one you theorize about.

Saints aint movin.  Benson and the league would get killed if they bailed on NO now.

659310[/snapback]

As opposed to Buffalo, who no one would care if we lost our team. Yes, by all means, keep the NFL in a decimated city that is this far from being wiped off the map by the next hurricane!

Meanwhile Jacksonville has to cover up seats in the Gator Bowl so they look sold out.

PTR

As opposed to Buffalo, who no one would care if we lost our team.  Yes, by all means, keep the NFL in a decimated city that is this far from being wiped off the map by the next hurricane!

Meanwhile Jacksonville has to cover up seats in the Gator Bowl so they look sold out. 

PTR

659372[/snapback]

I was in New Orleans a couple of weeks ago. Rumors of its demise are greatly exagerated IMHO.

As opposed to Buffalo, who no one would care if we lost our team.  Yes, by all means, keep the NFL in a decimated city that is this far from being wiped off the map by the next hurricane!

PTR

659372[/snapback]

i wonder whats up with jacksonville??? i thought i heard last season that jacksonville dosnt have to sell their stadium out to avoid the blackout rules for tv...........................basically something on the lines of all these empty seats are not up for sale so they do not count....which is a total sham..jacksonville to me has no great fan base being that they are one of the newer teams in football they consistantly do not sell out.so move those guys to L.A............it seems everybody wants a team in L.A except the fans in L.A.

I understand LA is a huge TV market, but two teams have all ready failed their. The LA market apparently does not care about football.

And what was on the D&C is Tom Golisano is hinting he would do what he could to keep the Bills in Buffalo. Considering the guy is a Billionaire, he could probably do plenty!

I understand LA is a huge TV market, but two teams have all ready failed their.  The LA market apparently does not care about football.

And what was on the D&C is Tom Golisano is hinting he would do what he could to keep the Bills in Buffalo.  Considering the guy is a Billionaire, he could probably do plenty!

659545[/snapback]

does ralph wilson get along with tom golisano?............maybe he could start selling him a %of the team say 49% and then when ralph dies there would be no tax death penalty for when tom buys the other 51% of the team. while tom has his 49% of the team he could look to the future and start planning the new stadium for the bills with all the new luxury suits!