Pinehurst Area Golf Trip

how much of a shorter drive? I made it from midlo to myrtle beach in 5 hours, isn't pinehurst about the same?

Richmond, first thing you will like is the shorter drive!!!! We have gone to Pinehurst for 8 years str8, last year went to Myrtle and decided to go back to the Sand Hills this year.

I play those courses regularly on our annual trip to the Pinehurst area. Hyland Hills looks funky, got like an old holiday inn looking sign up front, but very nice course. I haven't played there in about three years, but if i remeber correctly, short, but very tight.

Two years ago, Foxfire was in excellant condition, but dam those greens had to be running 12 to 13, quick as all get out. Nice clubhouse too if your playing on the same day, dam good burgers.

If you have an extra day or want to get in an extra round, go to Little River, my favouite down there. No clubhouse to speak of, but the course will make you hit every shot in your bag.

Finally, the Gold Club!!!!!!! Little ways from Pinehurst proper, on route 1 where all the motels and fast food joints are, but dam do they know how to treat golfers. Not quite up to the talent in Myrtle, but well worth the time.Although, please do not be like me and have the boobie bar cost more than your whole trip.

BTW, if your discreet, those places should not give ya any grief bringing your own beer.

Cant help on the accomdations, we usually go cheap as we play 90 holoes in three days, so not in the room much

658975[/snapback]