Is Tampa thinking of moving up

I agree with the majority of your post.  However, if you decided that a player is the right fit for your team, you take him.  There's a big risk in trading down because that player may not be there.  Justice is getting a lot of interest from the Eagles and Bucs.  And he's not just a work out wonder.  He was awesome last year.  If he stayed USC and remained healthy, he would be a top 5 pick next year easily.  I just like the idea of two athletic tackles like Peters and Justice who could be here for 10 years (or until the Bills move  :P ).

658971[/snapback]

I'm not arguing with picking justice, I just think you are taking a bigger chance drafting a guy so high in the first that is not projected to go in the top 10. I also believe that the draft is deep enough with talent that a solid replacement could be found that reaching in the first for a player is a waste.

The problem with being in the top 10 is that the player is going to demand a huge top 10 type salary to play no matter where he was originally projected to go and how good they really are. Now if you were to change the rules (and I think they should be) where there was a base price for all rookies, no mater where they were drafted, and the teams could only add incentives to their contracts to get them money, you don't have to worry about drafting Best player available in the first and could go soley on need.

IMHO, I believe all players salaries should be set up like that, Base price range per position (i.e. Starting QB would be paid most, down to practice squad being lowest) and have the teams set incentives to up deals, all players would come out and give 150% so they can earn their money, rather then just earn there money by having a good agent. Rookies haven't proven anything in the Pro's, why should they get played like they are Pro-Bowlers cause they had a good college career and were drafted high.

It did happen.

Mike Williams was always a RT. The Bills drafted him to play RT. Every single time they spoke about him they said we're going to line him up at RT. He played RT in all practices and all scrimmages and camps and games. No one on the Bills in any capacity to my knowledge ever said they were going to move him to LT. I don't think they ever had any intention of him playing LT. And LT isn't really as big a difference from RT these days as there is just as much talent across the line at LDE as there is RDE. Furthermore, half of your plays are running plays, and most teams like to run to the right. They envisioned MW to be a mauler in the run game at RT. It was ONLY speculation by fans and reporters and people with zero clue that he was projected to move to LT or would eventually move to LT. Donohoe always said RT, the OL coaches always said RT, the head coaches and coordinators always said RT.

659002[/snapback]

just like Justice has always been a RT.

Following the above logic, Mike Williams should have been a great LT because he protected the blind side of the left handed Chris Sims.

If Justice stays at RT - then the even less experienced Peters will have to move to LT.

With comparable talent available, it is risky to spend #8 money on a RT (either by plan or because he wasn't able to make the move to LT).